EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

All good here health wise guys. Only have some fallen trees and missing a part of my backyard fence, if anyone has seen it. But most importantly, family is safe, just checked on my folks and sister, and they are all fine as well. 

However, we were extremely lucky. Parts of my area are completely destroyed/just gone. Some parts do look apocalyptic. It’s a very strange feeling to wake up to low flying search and rescue helicopters flying by every few mins. I also wasn’t expecting abandoned/partially destroyed boats to be blocking coastal roads. Fort Myers Beach looks like a nuke was dropped on it. Buildings/restaurants just completely leveled. Pier destroyed. If anyone is familiar with the Times Square area, it is all completely just gone. People are still being rescued off Sanibel/Captiva by boat because the causeway was destroyed from storm surge and people can’t get on or off. 

I saw some tagging me with predictions. It’s fine, but if anyone wants to take over recording them, be my guest. I don’t have power, internet or even safe running water at the moment and don’t know when it’s coming back, so I don’t know when I’ll be able to get to them. I can only post this because I found a parking lot that has two bars of service. 

Found it. 

image.jpeg.c3d4389807df87f0667d6457b0552cae.jpeg

I’ll return it after the game. 

Glad the family is well. 

25 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

All good here health wise guys. Only have some fallen trees and missing a part of my backyard fence, if anyone has seen it. But most importantly, family is safe, just checked on my folks and sister, and they are all fine as well. 

However, we were extremely lucky. Parts of my area are completely destroyed/just gone. Some parts do look apocalyptic. It’s a very strange feeling to wake up to low flying search and rescue helicopters flying by every few mins. I also wasn’t expecting abandoned/partially destroyed boats to be blocking coastal roads. Fort Myers Beach looks like a nuke was dropped on it. Buildings/restaurants just completely leveled. Pier destroyed. If anyone is familiar with the Times Square area, it is all completely just gone. People are still being rescued off Sanibel/Captiva by boat because the causeway was destroyed from storm surge and people can’t get on or off. 

I saw some tagging me with predictions. It’s fine, but if anyone wants to take over recording them, be my guest. I don’t have power, internet or even safe running water at the moment and don’t know when it’s coming back, so I don’t know when I’ll be able to get to them. I can only post this because I found a parking lot that has two bars of service. 

Glad to hear buddy.

25 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

So glad you and yours are safe.

EMB is not relevant to you right now. Please concern yourself with your immediate situation.

Keeping a good thought for you. 

12 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

"Elite"...Drink!!

(I'm already several mezcals and micheledas ahead of y'all) 

If there was ever a candidate for an in season extension this year, it's him.  

11 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Sorry... but that's stupid.

It's clear, the team responds to Jalen's leadership.  And as that Kelce quote from this week showed, they are buying into that Batman cape stuff.  

34 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

the-hangover-ken-jeong.gif

Glad you're doing ok man. Stay safe brother. 

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

It's clear, the team responds to Jalen's leadership.  And as that Kelce quote from this week showed, they are buying into that Batman cape stuff.  

It's still a stupid line.  The fact that it had an effect on Irvin isn't surprising.  He's burned up a lot of the brain cells he was born with too.

Thermometers measure temperature, they don't set it or change it.   Stupid statement.

13 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

It's still a stupid line.  The fact that it had an effect on Irvin isn't surprising.  He's burned up a lot of the brain cells he was born with too.

Thermometers measure temperature, they don't set it or change it.   Stupid statement.

He's theater and he knows it.  Still remember when they put the MNF set up on the concourse at the Linc.

Forget the matchup but the whole set got shouted down with "Irvin, Cocaine, Irvin, Cocaine..."

I was right behind the set ( yes, yelling). Producers were white with embarrassment. Scrambling.

They had to cut to commercial and restrict fan access so they could continue the pregame show.

Too fn funny, Irvin thinking he could roll into the Linc and not get molested...:lol:

They put the Set down on the field now, after that one...

20 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Irvin just paraphrased wrong. Jalen said was be a thermostat, not a thermometer. 

6 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Irvin just paraphrased wrong. Jalen said was be a thermostat, not a thermometer. 

Glad to hear that it's only Irvin that's a moron.

:offtopic:

First Responders carrying children out of the Ian Flood Zones...:wub:

Air Boats, 6x6s, Deuce and a Halfs, John Boats, RIBs, Kayaks, Elec Service Trucks from 100s of miles away, all hands on deck.

Been there, lived thru that with Sandy. Those folks need help.

Bless em all...

2 hours ago, mattwill said:

They keep us young … most of the time 🤫

One of my brothers friends had a black cocker spaniel, first time I went to his house the dog came running up to me I reached down to pet her and he said dont pet her she'll, and before he could finish his sentence she had peed on my foot.

Not my favorite dogs...

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

34-13

just kidding. You know I never make score predictions. Glad you are safe. 

Glad you and yours are safe, I bet it's a bit surreal, stay safe.

26 minutes ago, Utebird said:

One of my brothers friends had a black cocker spaniel, first time I went to his house the dog came running up to me I reached down to pet her and he said dont pet her she'll, and before he could finish his sentence she had peed on my foot.

Not my favorite dogs...

Not the Breed, the Dog..

Anxiety issues maybe or territorial...

Something amiss...

Ecstatic to see that you and your loved ones are okay!

Archived