EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Let’s go Padres!!!

We should want the Mets to win so the Padres can’t finish with higher seeding though 

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sack that QB said:

TJ Edwards played his worst game in a while, he was horrendous today. CGJ after the INT was pretty bad. Cox and Hargave invisible. And play calling was bad.

Hurts' worst game in a while.

No major concerns after the game, but was disconcerted to see Gannon revert back to his old nonsense and Hurts make some panicky risky throws.

Not sure if major right now, but at least a minor concern is the line's health.

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

We should want the Mets to win so the Padres can’t finish with higher seeding though 

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

For all of you who refused to acknowledge last week as an ugly win…congrats….now you got it. 

Because this one was U-G-L-Y

You will get no argument from me.

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Not sure if major right now, but at least a minor concern is the line's health.

Gotta tough it out next week for that Cowboys defense, then they get the bye to heal.

2 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Stay Wentzing!

Get em

Never forget 

1 minute ago, mattwill said:

Well the term "an Ugly Win" definitely applies this week.

What's the keyword here?

:rock:

2 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

TJ Edwards played his worst game in a while, he was horrendous today. CGJ after the INT was pretty bad. Cox and Hargave invisible. And play calling was bad.

Hurts' worst game in a while.

No major concerns after the game, but was disconcerted to see Gannon revert back to his old nonsense and Hurts make some panicky risky throws.

I don't know what to think.  Yes, a win's a win but like you said, Hurts worst game in some time.  He reverted back to 2020 Hurts and Gannon was doing his best at not getting HC calls next year.  The play calling on offense was terrible.  Absolutely terrible.  I don't care if a QB sneak is a near given.  7 plays where you have your QB leading with his head isn't smart.  You know Hurts is going to take his licks on other called runs and scrambles.  To invite that many more is just dumb.  Hand the ball off.  

Nothing encouraging came out of this game.  It felt like a giant step back.

5-0 never in my wildest would I have thought this after camp

13 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Finally! 

404800A8-0B95-441D-A815-7B65EA734994.jpeg

Nice.

Hope you enjoyed that bud 🍺🍺

Second half possessions...

• Red zone...holding penalty...field goal
  • Cross mid-field...holding penalty...punt
  • Take 8 minutes off the clock...burn their time outs...field goal

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

That’s odd. 

That's two stadium operators this season who are gonna lose their jobs by screwing the home team.

Just now, bpac55 said:

I don't know what to think.  Yes, a win's a win but like you said, Hurts worst game in some time.  He reverted back to 2020 Hurts and Gannon was doing his best at not getting HC calls next year.  The play calling on offense was terrible.  Absolutely terrible.  I don't care if a QB sneak is a near given.  7 plays where you have your QB leading with his head isn't smart.  You know Hurts is going to take his licks on other called runs and scrambles.  To invite that many more is just dumb.  Hand the ball off.  

Nothing encouraging came out of this game.  It felt like a giant step back.

Traveling to the west coast and coming out with a win despite plying a significant time down 2-3 starting OL is a positive. 

It was ugly, but we’re getting spoiled at this point if we don’t see anything to be encouraged about. 

So now does everyone understand why the Cardinals put in a "study football" clause in Murray's contract?

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Whoops

Murray clearly did, but it doesn't matter what the stadium says... it only matters what the white hat says.  And he clearly started his slide well short of the 25 yard line and he needed to get beyond the 24 to get the first down.   He lacked awareness on the field, and where he needed to get for the first down.   And then he didn't look at whether or not he had the first down.

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

That’s odd. 

I thought the Chiefs went 5-0 a few years ago?

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

So now does everyone understand why the Cardinals put in a "study football" clause in Murray's contract?

Should have kept the clause in there lol

8 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Stay Wentzing!

Should be Taylor Heinicke time in DC.

Just now, Mike030270 said:

Should have kept the clause in there lol

They took it out? Lol

2 minutes ago, gregbwfc1 said:

Nice.

Hope you enjoyed that bud 🍺🍺

Let's be clear... no one 'enjoys' a bud.

41GU0-BsCDL._AC_.jpg

Just now, Connecticut Eagle said:

Second half possessions...

• Red zone...holding penalty...field goal
  • Cross mid-field...holding penalty...punt
  • Take 8 minutes off the clock...burn their time outs...field goal

Yeah, the offense was moving well, but got hit with a couple of penalties. It’s disappointing, but not a disaster. Easily correctable. 

I thought Sirianni was right to run it twice in a row inside the 10, too. We were moving them off the ball. Just need Hurts to learn how to beat the blitz with his brain and not his feet. 

Archived