EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

6 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Whoops

Their stadium. Their fault for not knowing better.

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Give Howie credit for getting Dicker and not Ammendola.

It will hurt me a little to say it... but Howie gets credit for Dicker, for Reddick, for Bradberry, and a few others in the offseason.

Just now, ManuManu said:

Traveling to the west coast and coming out with a win despite plying a significant time down 2-3 starting OL is a positive. 

It was ugly, but we’re getting spoiled at this point if we don’t see anything to be encouraged about. 

yes, that's a positive.  I'm looking at the major components however.  I wanted to see Hurts bounce back from an ugly weather game and get back in to his throwing groove.  The play calling did nothing to help him whatsoever.  We have 2 of the most dynamic WR in the game and did either of them run a route further than 15 yards?  I ****ed about using Smith being used like a possession WR before his huge game at Washington and they come back and use him like this.  He was getting destroyed on the WR screens.  He doesn't have the body type that should be taking that kind of pounding.  Going to get him killed.  Where are the slants, the posts, hell how about a go route?  Stretch the defense.  

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Let's be clear... no one 'enjoys' a bud.

41GU0-BsCDL._AC_.jpg

That's obviously correct 😀. Hopefully  @e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! managed to find something better to celebrate with 👍

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

yes, that's a positive.  I'm looking at the major components however.  I wanted to see Hurts bounce back from an ugly weather game and get back in to his throwing groove.  The play calling did nothing to help him whatsoever.  We have 2 of the most dynamic WR in the game and did either of them run a route further than 15 yards?  I ****ed about using Smith being used like a possession WR before his huge game at Washington and they come back and use him like this.  He was getting destroyed on the WR screens.  He doesn't have the body type that should be taking that kind of pounding.  Going to get him killed.  Where are the slants, the posts, hell how about a go route?  Stretch the defense.  

My only guess is they were trying to help the line out for being banged up.

It was still stupid, don't get me wrong. Just trying to understand.

4 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

They took it out? Lol

Yes. It became public and people were questioning Murray's work ethic and so he or his agent wanted it out and Cards caved

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Yeah, the offense was moving well, but got hit with a couple of penalties. It’s disappointing, but not a disaster. Easily correctable. 

I thought Sirianni was right to run it twice in a row inside the 10, too. We were moving them off the ball. Just need Hurts to learn how to beat the blitz with his brain and not his feet. 

I think that was a called roll to the right to escape the expected pressure on third down.

Just now, Mike030270 said:

Yes. It became public and people were questioning Murray's work ethic and so he or his agent wanted it out and Cards caved

Oops. Murray doesn't love football. He'll be on his Xbox tonight playing COD

Just now, Swoop said:

My only guess is they were trying to help the line out for being banged up.

It was still stupid, don't get me wrong. Just trying to understand.

That's my guess too but quick slants can be just as effective at getting the ball out fast.  2 steps and throw.

30 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Feels like an ugly loss coming

We are philly fans it always feels like that

We won with our C game. That's the sign of a solid football team. 

How rich would it be if Dak comes back next week and plays like Lawrence did last week and loses to the Eagles while creating a QB controversy in Dallas?

4 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Yeah, we ran the full-on college offense today. Hurts panicked when blitzed. It was ugly, but a gutty effort all things considered. 

Dividend from a win like this...

The coaching staff has a lot of film to keep the players attention.

1 minute ago, Sack that QB said:

I wonder if the Eagles keep Dicker around they tried him as a punter and Siposs has sucked.

Not today...

image.png.c6b70afaa9f5f57c10addfce26aaa2a2.png

9 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

That’s odd. :lol:

Like rolling the bones.

Every come out is a new start.

Dice have no memory.

Neither do the past stats.

Hold my beer and watch this....:Eagle_smiley:  :showoff: :P

Dicker's kicks looked really good.  Right down the middle.

5 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Shame on him too then.

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Yeah, we ran the full-on college offense today. Hurts panicked when blitzed. It was ugly, but a gutty effort all things considered. 

Yes, yes they did.

Archived