16 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Have to imagine it drops if Dak is playing

It shouldn’t. The dumbest thing the Cowboys could do is push Dak out there 

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I really hope they do it. Cooper Rush isn't good, but making Dak's injury worse is dumb.

Just now, RLC said:

I really hope they do it. Cooper Rush isn't good, but maybe Dak's injury worse is dumb.

If he can’t even grip a football hard enough he’ll be a turnover machine against this d-line 

Couple things after a very successful 5 games:

1. Jalen Hurts weeks 2+3 vs Jalen Hurts weeks 1+5.  The passing game needs to be more of a threat than it was today.  Weeks 2+3 were exceptional, while weeks 1+5 were replacement level passing.  When the clock ends on this season and the "what to do with Hurts” debate furiously re-ignites, I want to see Hurts stack more games in the weeks 2+3 column.  That’s what matters to me.  Stack those games.  Don’t stack them like today.

2. Jalen Hurts passing TDs.  After week 3, the lack of passing TDs felt unimportant…the passing game was effortless and circumstances just produced rushing TDs.  Now, it’s becoming clear the offense is just far more comfortable running the football at the goal line and that Hurts struggles with the tighter reads and tighter spaces.  He’s on pace for 13-14 passing TDs.  That reflects a problem with his red zone passing. 

3. Offensive line durability.  Lane Johnson is the only OL on the team that hasn’t missed extended snaps through 5 games.  Kelce is a warrior, but he’s ancient.  Every other starter is injury prone.  Even the backups are injury prone.  This group is absurdly talented, but musical chairs will always be a problem for them.

4.  Watkins.  I really think he’s under utilized.  This may be optimistic, but I’m setting his number at 3.  As in I don’t want to see him streaking downfield un-noticed without getting targeted more than 3 more times this year.

If those things have positive resolutions, the team could be super.  If they don’t, then the team may not be what we hope it is.

57 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Yeah, we ran the full-on college offense today. Hurts panicked when blitzed. It was ugly, but a gutty effort all things considered. 

Panicked when blitzed?  The blitz was an overload blitz and he had no path or time.  He did roll out on some of the blitzes and passed the ball.  Driscoll was underwhelming at LT and when coupled with Opeta, it wasn’t good. 

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Is that really the dumbest thing they could do?  What about putting Parsons back at MLB?

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

We should want the Mets to win so the Padres can’t finish with higher seeding though 

Absolutely not 

On 10/8/2022 at 6:42 PM, RememberTheKoy said:

Offense is only going to score 21 or less points? 

Hey RTK? Remember this criticism you gave me yesterday? Now say you were wrong and apologize. 

Just a moment to acknowledge the awesomeness that is Jason Kelce.

About to send him a card for his 35th Birthday, meanwhile, dragged off the field against his will for an ankle, so they say.

Edit: In Kelce's Post Game Interview he said it was about a concussion concern from staff after the Goal line helmet strip, not so much the ankle issue.

@Iggles_Phan

Wow. "Get outa my way, let me back on the field.!" Evaluated over halftime, cleared to return.

National Guard stands down...B-)

He returns for the Second half, still downfield throwin blocks and destroying people, helmet ripped off in a pile at the Goal line, directing a "once again" makeshift O Line to victory...leading screens, trap blocking, pin and pull expert, reach blocking like , hey, no big deal" making Linebackers pay, safeties nervous...

So glad he decided to play for the Eagles again this year, Regional Treasure. He's ours and we would be wise to respect and accept that the Best Center in Football plays for Our Birds.

Hope he saves his voice for his next speech.
:whistle:

10 minutes ago, RLC said:

I really hope they do it. Cooper Rush isn't good, but making Dak's injury worse is dumb.

This could be disputed. He's doing the job so far....

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

Whoops

Good old home field advantage. 

it also did say 1st and 10. Cause i looked and thought they got it after he ran. 

Just now, Doc S. said:

Just a moment to acknowledge the awesomeness that is Jason Kelce.

About to send him a card for his 35th Birthday, meanwhile, dragged off the field against his will for an ankle, so they say.

Edit: In Kelce's Post Game Interview he said it was about a concussion concern from staff after the Goal line helmet strip, not so much the ankle issue.

@Iggles_Phan

Wow. "Get outa my way, let me back on the field.!" Evaluated over halftime, cleared to return.

National Guard stands down...B-)

He returns for the Second half, still downfield throwin blocks and destroying people, helmet ripped off in a pile at the Goal line, directing a "once again" makeshift O Line to victory...leading screens, trap blocking, pin and pull expert, reach blocking like , hey, no big deal" making Linebackers pay, safeties nervous...

So glad he decided to play for the Eagles again this year, Regional Treasure. He's ours and we would be wise to respect and accept that the Best Center in Football plays for Our Birds.

Hope he saves his voice for his next speech.
:whistle:

It will be a tough day when he finally hangs them up.   We need to enjoy this while we still have him.  And as far as I'm concerned, he's the only one I need to hear from in a press conference, because he's the only one that says anything note worthy.

12 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Is that really the dumbest thing they could do?  What about putting Parsons back at MLB?

I guess they could try to fix their o-line by signing Jason Pet….

nvm 

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

It will be a tough day when he finally hangs them up.   We need to enjoy this while we still have him.  And as far as I'm concerned, he's the only one I need to hear from in a press conference, because he's the only one that says anything note worthy.

And then some.

"Kelce's too small"....lol. Loved every word...

14 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Hey RTK? Remember this criticism you gave me yesterday? Now say you were wrong and apologize. 

Somehow it's going to turn into you being racist and actively rooting for the team to lose. You know that, right?

9 minutes ago, Doc S. said:

This could be disputed. He's doing the job so far....

It’s hard to come up with a comp for him. He’s not Chase Daniel bad but he’s not Fitzpatrick/Foles good. Josh McCown, maybe?

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It’s hard to come up with a comp for him. He’s not Chase Daniel bad but he’s not Fitzpatrick/Foles good. Josh McCown, maybe?

Rex Grossman

1 minute ago, Swoop said:

Someone it's going to turn into you being racist and actively rooting for the team to lose. You know that, right?

Naw he disappears when he’s wrong. I’m probably getting blocked 

Cooper Rush was 10/16 today for 102 yards. They had 30 pure rushing attempts.

Dallas won today because they blocked a punt + had a defensive TD.

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

1 minute ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Rex Grossman

He reminds me of Cooper Rush.

2 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Naw he disappears when he’s wrong. I’m probably getting blocked 

howdy

Archived