EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

20 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Did he then proceed to eat Nick and Jalen?

:unsure:

:lol:  Let Don Live.  He's retired and chillin.   But yes he's bigger than his playing days.  

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the next 5 games:

Upcoming.PNG

5-0? 4-1? Something else?

5-0 is very possible, but I never, ever take divisional games for granted. 

59 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

This play is very useful for Sirianni and Steichen to analyze, because it’s going to replay itself in crunch times the rest of this season.  Other teams will follow the Cardinals plan here:

Bring overload pressure from Hurts’ right — forces him to make a quick decision, and cuts off his preferred escape route.  Hopefully they draw up various counters to this type of pressure defense and Hurts can improve his execution when it really counts 

The first and most important counter will be that Mailata >> Driscoll, which opens up lots of better alternatives for Hurts.

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

If they fire the clock scoreboard operator, that's a real shame.  Murray should know how to tell if he got a first down.  The lineman will wave the chains to move, the referee will signal it, and the chains will move.  If the chains haven't budged, then its not a first down.   The fault is 100% on Murray and Kingsbury (who admitted he also thought it was a first down).  The mechanics of the game are the same at every level.  The scoreboard can say whatever... it doesn't matter.  All that matters is what the white hat says.  If the white hat doesn't signal first down, it ain't.

Thank you.

Rely on some guy in a Booth with a keyboard in front of him for your critical Game information?

May as well let him play Lady of Spain on a Loop.

800 coaches on the sidelines and in the Key Skyboxes and nobody knew it was 3rd down?

Murray did say they were all yelling at once in his helmet speaker but WTF?

Issues in Arizona, Kingsbury needs to exert control.

7 minutes ago, Doc S. said:

Thank you.

Rely on some guy in a Booth with a keyboard in front of him for your critical Game information?

May as well let him play Lady of Spain on a Loop.

800 coaches on the sidelines and in the Key Skyboxes and nobody knew it was 3rd down?

Murray did say they were all yelling at once in his helmet speaker but WTF?

Issues in Arizona, Kingsbury needs to exert control.

One of the best film sequences of all time.

I remember once back in the early eighties seeing Buccaneers quarterback Doug Williams intentionally throw the ball out of bounds on fourth down in the closing seconds of a game. This was in the days when spiking wasn’t allowed and teams had to go through the ritual of heaving the ball over everyone’s head just to stop the clock.

Sometimes quarterbacks don’t know what down it is and do stupid things. 

We really got lucky there that we never had to face the challenge of defending a pass into the end zone that would lose the game. I had visions of Jake Plummer doing that very thing to beat us on the last play of a game at the Vet.

1 minute ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I remember once back in the early eighties seeing Buccaneers quarterback Doug Williams intentionally throw the ball out of bounds on fourth down in the closing seconds of a game. This was in the days when spiking wasn’t allowed and teams had to go through the ritual of heaving the ball over everyone’s head just to stop the clock.

We really got lucky there that we never had to face the challenge of defending a pass into the end zone that would lose the game. I had visions of Jake Plummer doing that very thing to beat us on the last play of a game at the Vet.

Brady thought there was a 5th down, last year.

12 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I don't want to kick Elliott to the curb yet, however, he has a cap hit of $5.7 and $5.4 the next two years.  Now, maybe he's a prime candidate for an extension to bring that down but having a kicker waiting in the wings could be huge for the team and the cap moving forward.  

Now, it was only one game, and he only had 2 FGs, but if Dicker shows any sort of promise then I think the Eagles need to keep him on the roster.  I think he's on the team this week at the very least giving Elliott 3 full weeks to heal missing 2 games and the bye.  If Dicker performs again against the Cowboys then maybe Jake could be trade bait?  

Just thoughts moving forward and looking at gaining every ounce of cap space possible.  I do not want Jake Elliott gone, he hasn't done anything to deserve to be gone.  Just want to clarify that.

So, entertain moving Elliott out to save a buck and replace him with a guy that made two kicks...

Beginners luck screaming in my head...where's the track record?

Waiting in the wings? Maybe a Trade to Arizona for picks may be a more useful move regarding Young Sheldon, in light of their most recent struggles.

Why do "Fans" on here keep advocating shipping out known entities for unproven replacements to save a buck?

Have we not learned Howie got the Cap?

WTF?

1 minute ago, Doc S. said:

So, entertain moving Elliott out to save a buck and replace him with a guy that made two kicks...

Beginners luck screaming in my head...where's the track record?

Waiting in the wings? Maybe a Trade to Arizona for picks may be a more useful move regarding Young Sheldon, in light of their most recent struggles.

Why do "Fans" on here keep advocating shipping out known entities for unproven replacements to save a buck?

Have we not learned Howie got the Cap?

WTF?

I don't want to kick Elliott to the curb yet, however, he has a cap hit of $5.7 and $5.4 the next two years.  Now, maybe he's a prime candidate for an extension to bring that down but having a kicker waiting in the wings could be huge for the team and the cap moving forward.  

Now, it was only one game, and he only had 2 FGs, but if Dicker shows any sort of promise then I think the Eagles need to keep him on the roster.  I think he's on the team this week at the very least giving Elliott 3 full weeks to heal missing 2 games and the bye.  If Dicker performs again against the Cowboys then maybe Jake could be trade bait?  

Just thoughts moving forward and looking at gaining every ounce of cap space possibleI do not want Jake Elliott gone, he hasn't done anything to deserve to be gone.  Just want to clarify that.

10 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

IIRC we had a tie game with Cinncinnatti a few years ago that our QB didn't know could happen.  He thought it was Sudden Death OT rather than time limited OT.

4 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Just thoughts moving forward and looking at gaining every ounce of cap space possibleI do not want Jake Elliott gone, he hasn't done anything to deserve to be gone.  Just want to clarify that.

Yeah, I can read normal text.

Thanks for highlighting, anyway.

Question stands...Why do you feel the need to offer Jake as Trade Bait?

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

And it was true for both times before, too.

It's possible that a 4th team might be saying that soon as well.

Hopefully not.  I'm a big Wentz fan.

16 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Mar'Tay Jenkins. <_< 

8 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I’ll always lean toward keeping the veteran kicker until he demonstrates his range is limited.  There are too many one-score games in the NFL that come down to a crucial FG, or even extra point 

4 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

We can disagree. Theyre playing good against bad teams. 

Rams arent the Rams, Tampa isnt Tampa and the Giants and Redskins are bleh at best

You play who you play.  They haven't had a game yet this season where they have let an opponent score multiple touchdowns.  We will be sure the best offense they will have faced but they are also easily the best defense we have faced so far as well.  Parsons might be the best single player in the division currently.  

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

What’s interesting about Hurts bailing on that third down is that Steichen was supposedly (via lip reading) seen telling Hurts pre-play to "trust me.” After the game those two had a long talk in the locker room prior to his media availability.  I’m curious if those two things are related. 

I wonder if he wanted to go to Smith like he did at the end of the half in a previous game. The play we called took him out of the progressions. 

On a separate subject, the Cowboys game may well be the coming out party for Jordan Davis if the Cowboys try and repeat 34 run plays and 16 passing plays (19 if you include sacks).

What was the rule that Brady was arguing before the half… something like the O can substitute with 2 minutes or less on the clock but the D can’t. If so, the NFL is getting really creative with how to hamper defenses…

Just now, Doc S. said:

Yeah, I can read normal text.

Thanks for highlighting, anyway.

Question stands...Why do you feel the need to offer Jake as Trade Bait?

If you can read normal text then your original response wasn't warranted because I mentioned everything you did.

I don't want them to trade Jake Elliott or think that they should, but I do think they are smart to explore all options.  Jake Elliott is currently the 4th highest paid kicker in the NFL.  His salary goes up the next 2 years.  He's going to want a raise.  Good kickers don't just take a discount.  

Epps, Bradberry, Edwards, White, CGJ all need to be resigned or replaced.  Cox is gone so you need another DT.  BG is gone and the only DE on the roster is Josh Sweat.  Hurts might be looking at an enormous payday.  DeVonta Smith is going to want to get paid after next year and you better believe that he's looking at what AJ Brown got paid. The Eagles are going to have to find a way to be smart with the cap and keeping the important guys together.

Nothing wrong with looking at what the Eagles can do to gain every dollar they need.  It's all hypothetical in playing with roster semantics.  I enjoy thinking about different scenarios on how to build a team.  Doesn't mean I want them to do things, but it's an interesting discussion. Like I said, if Dicker shows any signs of promise, it at least has to be discussed how to keep him through the season.  Finding a good kicker is like finding a good closer in baseball or a good goalie in hockey.  Elliott is a very good but not great kicker.  Ranked 11th last year in percentages.  It was only 2 kicks like I mentioned, but if Dicker shows promise and gives the Eagles roster flexibility then I'm listening. 

Really excited for tonight's matchup.

Derek Carr on his ass all night or throwing 4 picks while Patrick dances all over the field.

Lovely scheduling, NFL... well done.

Side note, Matt Rhule getting 40 mil not to coach the Panthers.

These Owners can spit 40 Mil in the gutter and not bat an eye.

Gruden still getting his 10 Mil a year to watch the bird feeders in his backyard?

5 minutes ago, Doc S. said:

Derek Carr on his ass all night or throwing 4 picks while Patrick dances all over the field.

Gruden still getting his 10 Mil a year to watch the bird feeders in his backyard?

Chiefs/Raiders games have been pretty fantastic the last few years (except last, that was bad)

2 minutes ago, Doc S. said:

College coaches too.  They get fired and still make out very well.

Not blaming the coaches.  I'm all for coaches and players getting every penny they can.  But it's laughable how these billionaire owners just basically throw away millions like it's nothing.

3 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

If you can read normal text then your original response wasn't warranted because I mentioned everything you did.

I don't want them to trade Jake Elliott or think that they should, but I do think they are smart to explore all options.  Jake Elliott is currently the 4th highest paid kicker in the NFL.  His salary goes up the next 2 years.  He's going to want a raise.  Good kickers don't just take a discount.  

Epps, Bradberry, Edwards, White, CGJ all need to be resigned or replaced.  Cox is gone so you need another DT.  BG is gone and the only DE on the roster is Josh Sweat.  Hurts might be looking at an enormous payday.  DeVonta Smith is going to want to get paid after next year and you better believe that he's looking at what AJ Brown got paid. The Eagles are going to have to find a way to be smart with the cap and keeping the important guys together.

Nothing wrong with looking at what the Eagles can do to gain every dollar they need.  It's all hypothetical in playing with roster semantics.  I enjoy thinking about different scenarios on how to build a team.  Doesn't mean I want them to do things, but it's an interesting discussion. Like I said, if Dicker shows any signs of promise, it at least has to be discussed how to keep him through the season.  Finding a good kicker is like finding a good closer in baseball or a good goalie in hockey.  Elliott is a very good but not great kicker.  Ranked 11th last year in percentages.  It was only 2 kicks like I mentioned, but if Dicker shows promise and gives the Eagles roster flexibility then I'm listening. 

I do appreciate your commitment to the depth of discussion.

Homework that you do and the Stats count. Scenarios are fun.

I take issue with some of it, doesn't mean we can't agree on the rest.

All I have to say on the saving Cap numbers is Howie.

Every time we ID a target and Zero in, he goes and gets em. Fits em in, carries on.

Armchair GMs can plot and scheme all day, those chips are free.

6 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Chiefs/Raiders games have been pretty fantastic the last few years (except last, that was bad)

Fair enough. Hope to see a good football game.

Jake Elliott has proven to have what it takes between the ears to make kicks with championships on the line.  He also has better than average leg strength and accuracy.  

You let that ride until he ages out of the position.

4 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Jake Elliott has proven to have what it takes between the ears to make kicks with championships on the line.  He also has better than average leg strength and accuracy.  

You let that ride until he ages out of the position.

It’s too important of a position to F around with and try to save cap space. Jake is clutch and until he proves he isn’t, you stay with him. Dicker making a 23 yarder for the win shouldn’t move anyone off Jake. 

Archived