Miles Sanders contract year

MidMoFo

4 minutes ago, EagleMatt said:

Did you see his dreads? Theyre like Ajayis. Set him free!

Ha... wasn't there a guy on here obsessed with players with dreads... was that you? lol

Give Miles the extension and BOOOM; it will be injuries, missed games, dropped catches and fumbles.

Can easily draft his replacement, the time for extending running backs are now long gone..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, judunno said:

Ha... wasn't there a guy on here obsessed with players with dreads... was that you? lol

Lol no

6 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

Give Miles the extension and BOOOM; it will be injuries, missed games, dropped catches and fumbles.

Hopefully a time will come when the Eagles will have put together a lengthy string of successful seasons and the constant doom and gloom slippery slope predictions will fade away. 

• Like 2

On 9/7/2022 at 9:33 PM, eagle45 said:

Some people seem to think Sanders is more than he is, while others seem to hate him because he isn't Westbrook/Mccoy.  

Sanders isn't special.  He's unreliable with injuries and he sucks catching passes.  But he's elusive, has a knack for big plays, and is a good overall runner.  

In short, he's fine. He's not worth extending.  But he's fine as the starter.  I would neither rush him out the door nor do anything to try to keep him.

Probably the best explanation of how to deal with Sanders at the moment.  He’s too mercurial a player to throw a big fat contract to him when we seem to be a team that does well with incorporating 3 running backs into a game plan. Play out this season and see if it goes the way his other seasons have. Sanders may get most of the snaps, but he’s certainly not the Bell Cow ( if there is such a thing in the NFL anymore) and if Scott hadn’t missed the game due to injury, I think we’d have seen a fair amount of snaps provided to him and Gainwell. And Hurts, Gainwell, and Scott seem to get the opportunities on the ground when they’re in the red zone. 

Fact his that he’s never rushed for more than 900 yards in a season and never had more than 6 rushing TDS. I know stats aren’t everything, but would these numbers excite you if we were signing him as a free agent? 

• Like 3

Just now, Mr-Bueno said:

Probably the best explanation of how to deal with Sanders at the moment.  He’s too mercurial a player to throw a big fat contract to him when we seem to be a team that does well with incorporating 3 running backs into a game plan. Play out this season and see if it goes the way his other seasons have. Sanders may get most of the snaps, but he’s certainly not the Bell Cow ( if there is such a thing in the NFL anymore) and if Scott hadn’t missed the game due to injury, up I think we’d have seen a fair amount of snaps provided to him and Gainwell. And Hurts, Gainwell, and Scott seem to get the opportunities on the ground when they’re in the red zone. 

Fact his that he’s never rushed for more than 900 yards in a season and never had more than 6 rushing TDS. I know stats aren’t everything, but would these numbers excite you if we were signing him as a free agent? 

Agreed.  Yesterday showed that Sanders can be great.  But our offense isn't going to ask him to do that every week...and I doubt he'd be able to if it did.  I just don't see a scenario where he gets a multi-year big money deal and we end up happy with that investment.  

This team suddenly has a lot of good players...a great problem to have.  It's not going to be possible to make them all happy with contracts, even for Howie.

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Hopefully a time will come when the Eagles will have put together a lengthy string of successful seasons and the constant doom and gloom slippery slope predictions will fade away. 

I think it's just the RB position, and Sanders has underperformed based on expectations for him.  RB is the easiest position to replace in the NFL.  I think if he has a good year and it's not an over paying contract it's good to re-sign him but would be fine if they let him walk in free agency and find a replacement.

Sanders had a good game Sunday, but he just never does it for me. He had 80 yards of sideways running Sunday.
I need a LeGarrette Blount or Jay Ajayi type running back

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr-Bueno said:

"Team friendly deal"

Lol

On 9/6/2022 at 8:04 PM, Dwide Schrude said:

I’d rather take that RB from Texas in the first round over extending Sanders, and I don’t like taking RB in 1st round. 

My favorite is Jahmyr Gibbs. He’s not really a pure RB but an excellent route runner with sure hands, so that changes things.

Maybe with our own first round pick?

5 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Never. The cult of the cap will not be silenced! 😁

Absolutely love the way Sanders is playing this year, and that was definitely one of his best games as a pro, but I'm still not giving him another long-term contract. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him back on a team-friendly 1 or 2 year contract after he's tested free agency, but you just can't tie up significant money over multiple years in the RB position. Sorry Miles. 

I say this only partially to prove a point, but also to appeal to everyone’s collective opinions and motivations to search google…

How many teams in the last 10 years have drafted a RB in the 1st round OR given a premium RB a contract extension and have been happy they did it?

• Like 1

I admit this is an irrational,  emotional response but any excitement over the 134 yards and 2 touchdowns goes away the minute he starts trying to outrun guys on the edge and goes backwards.  

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

I think it's just the RB position, and Sanders has underperformed based on expectations for him.  RB is the easiest position to replace in the NFL.  I think if he has a good year and it's not an over paying contract it's good to re-sign him but would be fine if they let him walk in free agency and find a replacement.

Sanders' cap hit this year is less than $2 million.  Eyeballing the list of running backs he compares with,  he'll be looking for $12 to $15 million per year going forward.  That's a lot of cap space at a position that you correctly point out is highly replaceable.

Side note:  Sanders and Jalen Hurts make less than $4 million this year. Combined.  And therein lies the inherent value of rookie contracts. 

50 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

I admit this is an irrational,  emotional response but any excitement over the 134 yards and 2 touchdowns goes away the minute he starts trying to outrun guys on the edge and goes backwards.  

He leads the league since he was drafted in positive yards. He doesn't go backwards as much as everyone seems to think he does. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He leads the league since he was drafted in positive yards. He doesn't go backwards as much as everyone seems to think he does. 

I told you it was irrational. But watching the games, when he does, I lose my ship.   JUST RUN FORWARD BEHIND THAT LINE!!~

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hawkeye said:

Sanders' cap hit this year is less than $2 million.  Eyeballing the list of running backs he compares with,  he'll be looking for $12 to $15 million per year going forward.  That's a lot of cap space at a position that you correctly point out is highly replaceable.

Side note:  Sanders and Jalen Hurts make less than $4 million this year. Combined.  And therein lies the inherent value of rookie contracts. 

Yeah I would just draft someone, add another UDFA to the mix along with Gainwell and Boston Scott.  It's interesting though, this year he's getting majority of the carries among the RBs by far.  It's not as evenly spread out.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Yeah I would just draft someone, add another UDFA to the mix along with Gainwell and Boston Scott.  It's interesting though, this year he's getting majority of the carries among the RBs by far.  It's not as evenly spread out.

I think it's smart. We've featured Brown, Smith, and now Sanders in a game. Goedert has established a consistent presence and Hurts has established himself as a dual threat that has to be accounted for. That's a lot of weapons teams have to prepare for. If Watkins can have one of those games where he gets 2 long TD receptions ... look out. 

Also, it's smart, obviously, since this is a contract year. 

18 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I think it's smart. We've featured Brown, Smith, and now Sanders in a game. Goedert has established a consistent presence and Hurts has established himself as a dual threat that has to be accounted for. That's a lot of weapons teams have to prepare for. If Watkins can have one of those games where he gets 2 long TD receptions ... look out. 

Also, it's smart, obviously, since this is a contract year. 

Watkins probably has two long TDs last week if he didn't get DPI against him on both throws.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 1:35 AM, Jeep_man said:

It's been dropped catches and fumbles before he took his first snap with the Eagles according to many on this board.

One day you guys will stop listening to the media, open your eyes and come to your own conclusions instead of parroting everything you hear in the media. 

Concerning MIiles, dude is always stumbling and bumbling at the slightest touch, if he had better balance to stay on his feet he'd be a top back in the league, every time you look he's falling forwards, backwards, and sideways just because the defender looked at his arse.

If Miles Sanders continues to play the way he did last week in the rain, he's going to get PAID!

55 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

It's been dropped catches and fumbles before he took his first snap with the Eagles according to many on this board.

One day you guys will stop listening to the media, open your eyes and come to your own conclusions instead of parroting everything you hear in the media. 

Concerning MIiles, dude is always stumbling and bumbling at the slightest touch, if he had better balance to stay on his feet he'd be a top back in the league, every time you look he's falling forwards, backwards, and sideways just because the defender looked at his arse.

Running back's are no longer an important position in the NFL, look at Zeke Elliot, the guy got paid and went downhill from there. No point investing heavily on a position that can be easily replaced and on the cheap via draft....

• Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 4:27 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

In the past it always looked like he would hit the hole or he would not wait for blockers and try and bounce stuff to the outside. It always used to seem like the first guy had no problem getting him down. Now it seems like he’s more patient with letting blocks develop, but he also seems like a more physical runner than he was in the past. He’s breaking tackles, getting touchdowns, not running out of bounds, and most importantly not fumbling. He’s even made more catches this season. I don’t know if it’s all cause he wants a contract, but if he keeps doing this he deserves one. 

On 10/3/2022 at 4:13 PM, judunno said:

Wasn't he a she and she was obsessed with Asante Samuel? Pretty sure the name was something like IrishSparxx

9 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

In the past it always looked like he would hit the hole or he would not wait for blockers and try and bounce stuff to the outside. It always used to seem like the first guy had no problem getting him down. Now it seems like he’s more patient with letting blocks develop, but he also seems like a more physical runner than he was in the past. He’s breaking tackles, getting touchdowns, not running out of bounds, and most importantly not fumbling. He’s even made more catches this season. I don’t know if it’s all cause he wants a contract, but if he keeps doing this he deserves one. 

He has looked far more decisive running the ball. I feel in years gone by he would get a chunk play to make his numbers look better than they were and he couldn't be relied on to pick up critical yards. He has looked like a completely different player this year.