Miles Sanders contract year

MidMoFo

I think they'd like to have him back. But they're also not going to pay "top five" kind of money to him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I like Miles, but I long ago hopped on the train of thought that RBs shouldn't get the large 2nd contracts. I'm good with signing a back to a modest deal and drafting someone in the mid rounds. It's just not dollar wise in today's NFL IMO. If Miles were willing to give us the "hometown discount", then maybe, but if he's seeking to be one of the highest paid RBs, then it's best to move on.

This.

• Like 1

I'd lovevto have Miles back but unfortunately for him,  he can be replaced. I hate to see him go but hopefully another team pays his asking price.  If it's the Eagles… I'm good. If it's another team I'm still good. 

• Like 1

I highly doubt he gets a contract from the Eagles although there is always a possibility since Howie loves to bring back his own guys. 

• Like 1

Only if it's cheap and on our terms..so probably not.

I like Sanders and he's a good back, but he's also been injury prone in his short career and while he's definitely having an amazing season, it's too late.

Running backs on second contracts are usually not a good idea.

• Like 3

I've said this for a long time now... he won't be getting his 2nd contract from the Birds....

• Like 2

I like him but with how he’s played he likely gets a big deal somewhere else. Plus it worries me a little that he’s doing this in a contract year.

• Like 1

I want him back.  He is young without a lot of mileage on his tires.  He is a known commodity.  Of course his contract demands matter but he has proven himself.  He should be paid but not crazy money.

• Like 4

eh...... I don't know if he's a NECESSARY cog in this offense, but he is playing really well. I'd be okay getting him for a starting RB type deal, but not a pro bowl RB type deal(which he may garner in FA)

Well he can be offered decent , not ground breaking, money with a workload that will give him many years in the league and potentially 2 more contracts before retirement or sign a big deal, get overworked and increased CnB Ave of injury and slow decline. That’s the way I look at it. 

I think they'll definitely try and keep him as long as he doesn't try and get a huge payday. He's been very good this year, but I see him leaving if we win the SB.

1 hour ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

eh...... I don't know if he's a NECESSARY cog in this offense, but he is playing really well. I'd be okay getting him for a starting RB type deal, but not a pro bowl RB type deal(which he may garner in FA)

It feels like Sanders makes enough of a difference in this offense. Can Eagles get a RB like him in FA or draft? I agree not to pay him a boatload of money because of salary cap.

1 minute ago, gameshowfan91 said:

It feels like Sanders makes enough of a difference in this offense. Can Eagles get a RB like him in FA or draft? I agree not to pay him a boatload of money because of salary cap.

The 2023 RB FA pool is massive. I think we can get a RB stable next year that is as capable or nearly as capable as the one this year

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Prime said:

No. Draft. 

I'd use a late pick for a RB in draft if one gets drafted. Eagles will have more important needs.

I want him back. But, not at the cost it will be to keep him and or prevent others from being re-signed. Miles has been a good RB for his tenure.

• Like 1

Some of you seem to have a pretty poor memory.  I’d hate to break it to you but RB’s like Miles Sanders don’t grow on trees.  He’s likely a top 5 RB in the NFL and the last time any Eagles RB accomplished what he’s accomplished this year was 2014 LeSean McCoy.  8. years ago. 

If you’re not ready to resign him, prepare to go another 8 years before getting another RB of his caliber (law of averages).

And get ready for a few years of RB’s like Wendell Smallwood and Josh Adams.  (Remember those guys?)  Hence the reason we drafted Sanders.

And no, you’re not replacing Miles Sanders with a   "Late round draft pick”.  You’d probably have better odds playing the lottery. 

The entire "not wanting to give RB’s a 2nd contract theory” shouldn’t really apply to Sanders because he was drafted relatively young and is still only 25 yearsold and hasn’t had a "ton” of carries so far in his career.  (Low mileage RB by NFL standards) He could easily perform at a high level for 4-5 more years (if not more).

A special part of watching Sanders this season is seeing him "reinvent” himself as a top NFL RB.  He’s always had vision, explosiveness and play making ability  but this year he’s combined that with great ball protection and phenomenal North - South running.  That has led him into the end zone on consistent basis and yes, has elevated his game to be among the best RB’s in the NFL, imo. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Prime said:

Um. No. Draft.

You’re not replacing Sanders with a draft pick unless you’re willing to use a 1st or 2nd round pick and even then, the chances of drafting a top RB that’s even in the league after 5 years is around 50/50.

55 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Some of you seem to have a pretty poor memory.  I’d hate to break it to you but RB’s like Miles Sanders don’t grow on trees.  He’s likely a top 5 RB in the NFL and the last time any Eagles RB accomplished what he’s accomplished this year was 2014 LeSean McCoy.  8. years ago. 

If you’re not ready to resign him, prepare to go another 8 years before getting another RB of his caliber (law of averages).

And get ready for a few years of RB’s like Wendell Smallwood and Josh Adams.  (Remember those guys?)  Hence the reason we drafted Sanders.

And no, you’re not replacing Miles Sanders with a   "Late round draft pick”.  You’d probably have better odds playing the lottery. 

The entire "not wanting to give RB’s a 2nd contract theory” shouldn’t really apply to Sanders because he was drafted relatively young and is still only 25 yearsold and hasn’t had a "ton” of carries so far in his career.  (Low mileage RB by NFL standards) He could easily perform at a high level for 4-5 more years (if not more).

A special part of watching Sanders this season is seeing him "reinvent” himself as a top NFL RB.  He’s always had vision, explosiveness and play making ability  but this year he’s combined that with great ball protection and phenomenal North - South running.  That has led him into the end zone on consistent basis and yes, has elevated his game to be among the best RB’s in the NFL, imo. 

All of THIS. I totally agree....I just want another bruising back to complement him like Ajayi or Blount....big, punishing back who gets a ton of yards after contact.....Miles is making his case this year and today's game he went over 1000 for the year....I used to cringe with Smallwood and Adams hell, even Ryan Matthews.....this man could be our RB of the future and he seems like he WANTS to be here.....

Ultimately this team has other priorities. I'd love us to be able to sign Sanders but it all comes down to what he wants. And if we can afford him after the other higher priorities then great but if not then we move on and bring in a young RB with less yards on the clock. 

• Like 1

This NFL draft is deep in RBs, We can trade our 2nd 1st rd pick and move back into 2nd rd and get a back. If Miles wants a reasonable contract, I am all for him coming back, he is still young, but no Zeke kinda contract. We need to pay Jalen, hopefully keep Bradberry. Draft DT/OT with Saints pick and BiJan from TX if he is there in the 2nd.

12 hours ago, Ace Nova said:

Jesus Christ the biggest argument against giving a tailback huge money is in our own division, Zeke v Pollard.

I think you could put a lot of guys behind our line, with the rest of this offense and they'd put up 1000 yards, if Sanders wants to come back on a reasonable deal then I don't have a huge issue, but if he want's to get paid Elliott / McCaffrey / Chubb level then the team should walk away.

• Like 5

At this point Sanders may legitimately be a top 5 RB. He’s definitely top ten. I don’t think they’re going to pay him that kind of money, and I don’t think they should. I love Sanders as a player but RBs usually age very quickly and get injured probably more than any other position.

It Hurts was still on his rookie contract for a couple more years than maybe you can work Sanders in. But they’ll be paying Jalen this offseason, and have a bunch of other free agents to lock up.

Sucks to lose him because he’s a very god RB, but only so much money to go around. 

• Like 2