Quez Watkins

bigdog54

How are we overreacting about Watkins? Let's take a look at him since Washington game. In that game, Eagles had chance to take lead, then he catches a ball, falls, then fumbled game away (should have been benched after that game). In Bears game, Hurts threw an INT because Watkins wasn't where he was supposed to. Then his unforgivable performance against Cowboys. He couldn't even help his backup QB. I don't want his antics to cost us in Playoffs. If Eagles make an example out of a player, it should be Quez Watkins. He doesn't deserve to play next game. 

• Like 8

Easily replaceable and should be after last night. I think we win that game if he wasn't on the field last night. A very very Reagor like performance

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, LacesOut said:

He needs to sit a game or two. I appreciate his downfield speed, but that’s it. 

His ball tracking skills aren’t that great either. Catches a pass and fumbles forward against the Commanders. At this point his highlights are less frequent than his lowlights.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

His ball tracking skills aren’t that great either. Catches a pass and fumbles forward against the Commanders. At this point his highlights are less frequent than his lowlights.

Dude should only be running go routes the rest of the year.  If you need a tough catch over the middle on a slant, AJ Brown is your man, and Paschal would be my choice 100x out of 100 over Quez.

Almost every player will experience a disappointing stretch of games at some point. The better players bounce back. It's time for Quez to prove which player was the anomaly. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Everyone is going to be back on the Quez bandwagon after he catches a deep 50 yard TD in the playoffs.

Here's is what I saw from Quez Saturday, there's no question, he has to be more aggressive when the ball in in the air, he just can wait for the ball to arrive, he has to go get in when he knows the DB is right behind him.

With that said, the the first INT targeted for Quez was pass interference, the pass  was late, and off target to his right.  Because he waited for the ball instead of attacking it he had no chance get to the ball because the DB was practically on his helmet way before the ball arrived, Quez has some blame but most of the blame should be directed to the no call.  

On the second ball, the pass was on time, Quez attacked the ball and made the catch, however, that was also pass interference, the DB made contact and had his right arm was inside Quez's left arm, Quez was off the ground while making the catch and when he hit the ground the DB was on top and was able to wrestle the ball away.  

Bottom line, both were great defensive plays so I don't think the harsh criticism was justified on either play, but again, Quez could have prevented the first INT if he was more aggressive attacking the ball, he can't wait for it to be hand delivered.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Here's is what I saw from Quez Saturday, there's no question, he has to be more aggressive when the ball in in the air, he just can wait for the ball to arrive, he has to go get in when he knows the DB is right behind him.

With that said, the the first INT targeted for Quez was pass interference, the pass  was late, and off target to his right.  Because he waited for the ball instead of attacking it he had no chance get to the ball because the DB was practically on his helmet way before the ball arrived, Quez has some blame but most of the blame should be directed to the no call.  

On the second ball, again, the ball was on time, Quez attacked the ball and made the catch, however, that was also pass interference, the DB made contact and had his right arm was inside Quez's left arm, Quez at the time off the ground and when he hit the ground the DB was on top and was able to wrestle the ball away.  

Bottom line, both were great defensive plays so I don't think the harsh criticism was justified on either play, but again, Quez could have prevented the first INT if he was more aggressive attacking the ball, he can't wait for it to be hand delivered.

Yup.  Perfect storm...great defensive plays, questionable pass interference, questionable throws, and a poor job of coming back and fighting for the ball.  Shouldn't all fall on Quez.

If he were great at contested catches AND was the deep threat he is, he wouldn't be a #3 WR.  If you want a #3 that fights for the football, that's Pascall, who runs like a late career Jordan Matthews.  Can't have it both ways with the #3.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Almost every player will experience a disappointing stretch of games at some point. The better players bounce back. It's time for Quez to prove which player was the anomaly. 

Or he will just keep doing what he does.

Big plays on one day, fails on another. Makes him a really good #4 receiver for us.

16 minutes ago, Infam said:

Or he will just keep doing what he does.

Big plays on one day, fails on another. Makes him a really good #4 receiver for us.

He's poorly utilized.  Why is he being targeted for contested catches in the middle of the field?  That's on coaching and Minshew.  He's constantly open downfield.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

He's poorly utilized.  Why is he being targeted for contested catches in the middle of the field?  That's on coaching and Minshew.  He's constantly open downfield.  

He did have some terrible drops this season too while he was wide open.

Look, I like him and think we should keep him but unless he gets better I’d rather have him as a #4.

The guy runs terrible routes.  He drifts.  The routes are not sharp.  That is what happened on the second INT.  He has done that before.  Doesn't come back for the ball.  He has one quality and that is deep speed.  The Eagles should do much better than Watkins as their #3 receiver.   

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

I wouldn't put that on Minshew.  If that is the play that is called with that personnel, that is on the coaches.

Head scratching thing is that he was targeted more times that their All World TE in the Cowboys game. 5 targets for Quez and only 3 for Goedert?! Wha wha what??

THAT makes me wonder if it was the play calling from the OC or QB decision making those reads.

I really don't want Quez going over the short middle of the field and having to fight for passes thrown to him. Not his strength. That ish should be called for Goedert and AJ and maybe the other TEs and Pascal (yeeesh try to get him involved a bit?)

I can only assume he is the 3WR because of the speed he displays. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Eagles1960 said:

The guy runs terrible routes.  He drifts.  The routes are not sharp.  That is what happened on the second INT.  He has done that before.  Doesn't come back for the ball.  He has one quality and that is deep speed.  The Eagles should do much better than Watkins as their #3 receiver.   

What in the hell were you looking at, the second INT dude had both feet off the ground making the catch, it was after Quez and the DB hit the ground that the DB was able to wrestle the ball away because he was on top when they hit the ground.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, eagle45 said:

WORD!!

4 hours ago, Philthy Jawn said:

The FO may need to consider drafting a slot receiver in the off-season.  

And the coaches need to consider trying to get Quez involved less for the rest of this season.