Quez Watkins

bigdog54

8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Jalen Hurts is 22-1 in his last 23 starts and that one loss is basically due to Quez Watkins. I keep reading this crap about Quez being the deep threat, but Smitty, Brown, and even OZ has caught a pass deep this season. When is the "deep threat” going to catch something other than a screen? 😂🤣😂

Last time he caught a deep ball he fumbled it and lost us the game.  Be careful what you ask for. 

9 minutes ago, The Norseman said:

Last time he caught a deep ball he fumbled it and lost us the game. 

I'm sure The Goedert fumble (Yes uncalled facemask), and Hurts INT had nothing to do with the loss, though. The commanders scored 14 points off those other 2 turnovers and none (3 and out) off the Watkins one. We won't even talk about the defense getting off the field in that game ...

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

I'm sure The Goedert fumble (Yes uncalled facemask), and Hurts INT had nothing to do with the loss, though. The commanders scored 14 points off those other 2 turnovers and none (3 and out) off the Watkins one. We won't even talk about the defense getting off the field in that game ...

We were down by 5 with 6 minutes to play when he fumbled it inside Washington's 25 yard line, we needed a touchdown I'll grant you, but we had a lot better shot of getting one with the ball at Washington's 25 than without it, and it was such a dumb fumble, he barely had control of the ball when he went down the first time, but he jumped his dumb ass up and tried to carry on running and a hefty middle schooler could have knocked the ball out of his hands.

Even in the unlikely event AJ or Smitty make that play, they have the highlight reels in the bank to dismiss it as a brain fart, but Quez' highlight reel is sparse, you add last weekend's screen debacle to this play and it's hard to escape the conclusion that he's just not a smart football player.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

This is the Quez Watkins thread....I'll blame everyone else in their own threads 😄

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, judunno said:

Cause he needlessly jumps around for every ball like he's in a bouncy house..

That's the most ridiculous criticism I've heard to date.

8 hours ago, The Norseman said:

Last time he caught a deep ball he fumbled it and lost us the game.  Be careful what you ask for. 

The last time he caught a pass near a defender he let the defender rip the ball out of his hands…twice. Another loss btw. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EagleVA said:

That's the most ridiculous criticism I've heard to date.

Doesn't mean it's not true. lol. He practically jumps for every ball down field for no reason go watch. He can't get on the field anyway and when he does he's a non factor so waste of space. Go get Mecole.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, judunno said:

Doesn't mean it's not true. lol. He practically jumps for every ball down field for no reason go watch. He can't get on the field anyway and when he does he's a non factor so waste of space. Go get Mecole.

Odd thing is I watch most games and I've never noticed him jumping without reason.

I've heard this accusation against him several time before but video of such action has never been provided.

As I've said before, someone will post something unsubstantiated and everyone will begin posting the same unsubstantiated BS.

• Like 1

You mean like when you pretend Devonta Smith doesn’t go straight up the field on screens passes? 

8 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

We were down by 5 with 6 minutes to play when he fumbled it inside Washington's 25 yard line, we needed a touchdown I'll grant you, but we had a lot better shot of getting one with the ball at Washington's 25 than without it, and it was such a dumb fumble, he barely had control of the ball when he went down the first time, but he jumped his dumb ass up and tried to carry on running and a hefty middle schooler could have knocked the ball out of his hands.

I'll be honest, when a receiver dives for a catch or falls to the ground securing a catch and is untouched, I'd be pissed if he didn't try to get up and run. A person can call anything dumb in hindsight, but every turnover could have bee prevented if the player with the ball gave themself up right before the turnover happened. Even a tough guy like Brown has fumbled a few times. It happens from time to time. Sometimes the defense just makes a good play at the right time. 

19 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well it sure does seem like this guy is going to be most helpful not playing this year. 

1C0E4B30-CD5B-4D1B-BE16-BBA0110C0B10.jpeg

I think one thing we can all agree on is it's better for a less than 100% healthy Quez to rest and heal than to try to play through an injury. The games he's played through an injury have not been good. 

3 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Odd thing is I watch most games and I've never noticed him jumping without reason.

I've heard this accusation against him several time before but video of such action has never been provided.

As I've said before, someone will post something unsubstantiated and everyone will begin posting the same unsubstantiated BS.

Really?  lmao. Why did he dive AFTER he caught this one lmao.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SYYJwrxFI8

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/video/quez-watkins-hauls-in-hurts-third-down-cross-body-toss-for-23-yards

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/wvwHuHffNX8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fwINTacvOo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtAf4J1ijwkAnd (practically every catch he's leaving his feet)

these are just the first few videos I found on youtube lmao. There's a reason why I call him "Pop Tart". Leaves his feet far too often for no apparent reason or advantage even when there are no defenders around and passes are chest to waist high.. If someone could fix that maybe his drops go down.

Sometimes receivers leave their feet:

Sometimes they leave their feet  and don't make a screen pass into a big play (and nobody cares):

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

It's pretty obvious, he was adjusting to the ball. Here, enjoy an angle that shows all:

Gotta be the clumsiest adjustment there is if he can't  keep his feet on that one. The ball wasn't that poorly thrown. Its like he said F it and deadlegged it. We all know Djax catches that thing and runs it in for the TD. I think the reason he leaves his feet so much is two fold (1) he's preparing for a hit that never comes and shying away from contact (2) he's not confident in his hands. That man flashed just a little in front of Quez and his first instinct was to go down. He started doing this last year for some reason. He like takes a bball hop step/pro hop into his receptions for whatever reason when it's not necessary. The year prior he didn't really do that or at least it wasn't noticeable.

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Sometimes receivers leave their feet:

Sometimes they leave their feet  and don't make a screen pass into a big play (and nobody cares):

Goedert was preparing for obvious contact here in traffic in the endzone and got nailed. Quez does this when there's no eminent contact. Pass to Smith was poorly thrown hot and behind him and yeah he drops it because he has to adjust and leave his feet quickly which is kind of my point. Again there are times it makes sense for a WR to leave his feet and times when it's unnecessary. Quez has a bad habit of leaving his feet when the throws are on the money even when defenders aren't around. Jump for a purpose is all I'm saying. WR 101

35 minutes ago, judunno said:

Gotta be the clumsiest adjustment there is if he can't  keep his feet on that one. The ball wasn't that poorly thrown. Its like he said F it and deadlegged it. We all know Djax catches that thing and runs it in for the TD. I think the reason he leaves his feet so much is two fold (1) he's preparing for a hit that never comes and shying away from contact (2) he's not confident in his hands. That man flashed just a little in front of Quez and his first instinct was to go down. He started doing this last year for some reason. He like takes a bball hop step/pro hop into his receptions for whatever reason when it's not necessary. The year prior he didn't really do that or at least it wasn't noticeable.

I think you are clearly overanalyzing a play to fit a narrative. Sometimes on a deep pass a ball will drift a bit. Watkins is tracking the ball, made an adjustment at the end, lunged for the ball and secured the catch going to the ground after which he got up immediately. 

First and last pass, Smith jumps needlessly:

It's just something receivers do at times

All i know there must be something special about Quez, since his thread is 30 pages long and longer than any other Eagles player on this board besides Hurts.

1 hour ago, opa-opa said:

All i know there must be something special about Quez, since his thread is 30 pages long and longer than any other Eagles player on this board besides Hurts.

Nothing like that. Just a bunch of people trying to convince two people that this guy really isn’t that special. 😂

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I think one thing we can all agree on is it's better for a less than 100% healthy Quez to rest and heal than to try to play through an injury. The games he's played through an injury have not been good. 

I told you months ago that a bad hammy is killer for a speed wide receiver and that it could hamper him for months. It is especially worse for a guy like Quez considering his only real attribute is that he runs fast. The Eagles would be wise to trade for another receiver than to try and rely on Quez Watkins this seasons. 

6 hours ago, brkmsn said:

It's pretty obvious, he was adjusting to the ball. Here, enjoy an angle that shows all:

Excellent view, I looked at another view in slow motion but one tells a better story.  Besides, what do you call someone who criticizes a receiver for making a catch?  I call them jerks, and that's being nice about it.

Concerning that video of the "dropped pass" in the SB, everyone knows it was clearly pass interference but the problem I'm having is Brown had the exact same thing happen to him this year, where was the outrage over that?  I didn't hear a word about it, moreover, Brown hasn't come down with numerous easy catchable passes that didn't include PI and no one mentions it.    

I mean what's good for the goose is good for the gander, you want to call out Quez for not coming down with catchable balls then call out everyone when the same damn thing happens to them.

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Nothing like that. Just a bunch of people trying to convince two people that this guy really isn’t that special. 😂

It sounds like the two aren't group thinkers but the others definitely fall into the group think category because they lack critical thinking skills and need others to think for them......so sad.

17 hours ago, LacesOut said:

A 30 page thread on a frickin' average to below average WR. 

Jesus, you guys must be bored. LOL

🤓

I am the happiest when there is a 30 page thread dicing the 3rd qb, or a 5th wr. It screams out All is Good. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I think you are clearly overanalyzing a play to fit a narrative. Sometimes on a deep pass a ball will drift a bit. Watkins is tracking the ball, made an adjustment at the end, lunged for the ball and secured the catch going to the ground after which he got up immediately. 

First and last pass, Smith jumps needlessly:

It's just something receivers do at times

Devonta rarely leaves his feet for absolutely no reason. Typically there's a purpose. Either he's adjusting for a poorly thrown ball extending his catch radius, trying to out jump a contending defender that's actually near him, or trying to get his feet in bounds. Where as Quez often leaves his feet on passes that don't need to be adjusted for and there are no defenders around. Especially over the middle. There's a difference. I'll go ahead and let this particular play of Quez go. I still feel like if it's Brown or Smith they keep their feet on that and likely score. Maybe my expectations of Quez making routine plays that don't require going acrobatic are too high. Just an observation about a WR that hasn't been the most reliable. If he's actually making more plays than not I wouldn't be over-analyzing as much. Since he's been underwhelming, I'm thinking this is part of the problem in addition to being a little soft when it comes to contact.