Quez Watkins

bigdog54

4 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Excellent view, I looked at another view in slow motion but one tells a better story.  Besides, what do you call someone who criticizes a receiver for making a catch?  I call them jerks, and that's being nice about it.

Concerning that video of the "dropped pass" in the SB, everyone knows it was clearly pass interference but the problem I'm having is Brown had the exact same thing happen to him this year, where was the outrage over that?  I didn't hear a word about it, moreover, Brown hasn't come down with numerous easy catchable passes that didn't include PI and no one mentions it.    

I mean what's good for the goose is good for the gander, you want to call out Quez for not coming down with catchable balls then call out everyone when the same damn thing happens to them.

Are you really trying to compare Quez to arguably one of the best WRs the Eagles have had in years. lol. No one complains about Brown because he makes more plays than not on high volumes of targets. Why does he get so many targets? Because he's trusted. Quez is not trusted. If you can't see that I don't know what to tell you. I'm personally trying to figure out what his problem is. The only thing I can point at is how he's attacking the ball. If you know what's wrong with him please let me know?

1 hour ago, judunno said:

Are you really trying to compare Quez to arguably one of the best WRs the Eagles have had in years. lol. No one complains about Brown because he makes more plays than not on high volumes of targets. Why does he get so many targets? Because he's trusted. Quez is not trusted. If you can't see that I don't know what to tell you. I'm personally trying to figure out what his problem is. The only thing I can point at is how he's attacking the ball. If you know what's wrong with him please let me know?

I think his biggest issue is lack of targets. 

You want to say it's a trust issue but do you know that for sure, did Hurts not trust Goedart earlier in the year or has he stopped trusting Smith the past 2 games?

Go tell your trust issue story to BoZo the Clown because I ain't trying to hear it.

2 hours ago, judunno said:

Devonta rarely leaves his feet for absolutely no reason. Typically there's a purpose. Either he's adjusting for a poorly thrown ball extending his catch radius, trying to out jump a contending defender that's actually near him, or trying to get his feet in bounds. Where as Quez often leaves his feet on passes that don't need to be adjusted for and there are no defenders around. Especially over the middle. There's a difference. I'll go ahead and let this particular play of Quez go. I still feel like if it's Brown or Smith they keep their feet on that and likely score. Maybe my expectations of Quez making routine plays that don't require going acrobatic are too high. Just an observation about a WR that hasn't been the most reliable. If he's actually making more plays than not I wouldn't be over-analyzing as much. Since he's been underwhelming, I'm thinking this is part of the problem in addition to being a little soft when it comes to contact. 

Clearly, Brown and Smith are 2 of the best WRs in the NFL. They do a lot of things right. Smith is excellent at high-pointing catches. Brown is excellent at not tipping off the defenders (late hands) and making plays when they are contested. Watkins is a speed guy. He's excellent at tracking the ball, but there are still a lot of things he can learn from Brown and Smith to become a better, more complete WR. 

For a WR3, I think Watkins is a good WR. The injury last year affected his play to a level where I understand the criticisms. I just don't think the labels he was given while trying to play through the injury were accurate reflections of what he is when healthy. As long as Watkins was drawing coverage from defenses and opening things up for Smith, Brown and Goedert he was worth having out there at less than 100%.

I think I agree with Ute that Watkins isn't necessarily the best candidate to be a slot receiver. However, in Sirianni's offense, the "slot receiver" isn't doing traditional slot receiver things. Watkins is able to do what Sirianni is asking him to do in this offense built around our strengths. 

While I kind of disagree with your thing about Watkins leaving his feet too often unnecessarily ... I mean, I noticed that with LJ Smith back in the day ...  it just  hasn't really stood out to me in Watkins' entire body of work (including 2021). I just feel a lot of the criticisms we are currently talking about are exaggerated. The others, fumbles / drops ---  1 fumble and 6 drops in a career with 130ish targets is far from abnormally high or concerning. 

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I told you months ago that a bad hammy is killer for a speed wide receiver and that it could hamper him for months. It is especially worse for a guy like Quez considering his only real attribute is that he runs fast. The Eagles would be wise to trade for another receiver than to try and rely on Quez Watkins this seasons. 

There's no reason to trade for anybody that won't see very many targets. We have Zacceaus, Covey and all our PS WRs (including Ward). Even DJax when he was older would miss a few games due to his hammy, but it usually wasn't more than around 4.  Obviously. Watkins is currently dealing with this, but I'm not worried about "months." Even if that did happen, it would just make some of you happy anyway since you feel he's hurting the team when he plays (even though Sirianni sees the opposite). 

3 hours ago, judunno said:

I know what his problem is.  He sucks.

• Haha 3

Jalen Hurts 22-1 in his last 23 and that last loss was due to Twinkle Toes. I don’t blame him for not throwing it to him when he was wide open either. 😂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EagleVA said:

It sounds like the two aren't group thinkers but the others definitely fall into the group think category because they lack critical thinking skills and need others to think for them......so sad.

Nah just two guys who have no clue what they’re watching. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

There's no reason to trade for anybody that won't see very many targets. We have Zacceaus, Covey and all our PS WRs (including Ward). Even DJax when he was older would miss a few games due to his hammy, but it usually wasn't more than around 4.  Obviously. Watkins is currently dealing with this, but I'm not worried about "months." Even if that did happen, it would just make some of you happy anyway since you feel he's hurting the team when he plays (even though Sirianni sees the opposite). 

I love how you’re not "worried” about his injury and we don’t need to trade for a replacement after you have been tooting this clown’s horn for months telling everyone how good he is and comparing him to players way better than him. :roll:

603F2619-AF8B-4AF4-A71E-4DB6F4A78573.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I hate this thread but, I can't stop reading it 🤣

The thread that keeps on giving lol.... IR now.... should be quiet in here for a while

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I love how you’re not "worried” about his injury and we don’t need to trade for a replacement after you have been tooting this clown’s horn for months telling everyone how good he is and comparing him to players way better than him. :roll:

603F2619-AF8B-4AF4-A71E-4DB6F4A78573.jpeg

I just happen to think he's better than what you think he is. Big deal. Am I worried because someone else will get those 2 targets per game? No. Zaccheaus is a competent, experienced WR. The Eagles will just have to use him a little differently. His speed-threat won't be the factor that Watkins' is, but his open field running ability after the catch should be an upgrade over Quez. 

This is a "next man up" moment and I'll be rooting for whoever is on the field, like always.

5 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I just happen to think he's better than what you think he is. Big deal. Am I worried because someone else will get those 2 targets per game? No. Zaccheaus is a competent, experienced WR. The Eagles will just have to use him a little differently. His speed-threat won't be the factor that Watkins' is, but his open field running ability after the catch should be an upgrade over Quez. 

This is a "next man up" moment and I'll be rooting for whoever is on the field, like always.

That threat has barely been around this season and truthfully isn't much of a threat to begin with. We're fine there. Next man up... let's go OZ and Allen!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Yeah one guy will actually catch passes an opposed to Twinkle Toes catching nothing, but you telling me he’s as good as AJ Brown. 😂

1 hour ago, judunno said:

The thread that keeps on giving lol.... IR now.... should be quiet in here for a while

Are you kidding me? That’s the best time to chirp and see Quez’s number one fan tell us how great he is at sitting on that bench! 😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I hate this thread but, I can't stop reading it 🤣

Okay just tell me which is most likely to happen this season. Quez catches 30 passes or Barnett gets 8 sacks? :roll:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Okay just tell me which is most likely to happen this season. Quez catches 30 passes or Barnett gets 8 sacks? :roll:

The chances of me having a threesome with Jessica Alba and Zendaya is higher than either of those...

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

The chances of me having a threesome with Jessica Alba and Zendaya is higher than either of those...

Mediocre players just keep getting threads around here. One just went up for Greg Ward. 😂

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Mediocre players just keep getting threads around here. One just went up for Greg Ward. 😂

We need a Travis Fulgham next.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

Link?

YOU go back through your pages of excuses for one Quez Watkins and reread some of the stuff you have written. 

28 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

YOU go back through your pages of excuses for one Quez Watkins and reread some of the stuff you have written. 

I already know everything I said, I just want a link showing what you said I said. You are always so full of crap when you argue, claiming somebody said things they never said. Then they call you out on your lies and you can never verify them because they're 100% bull. 

I often joke about how you believe your own lies, but sadly, I no longer think it's a joke. You obviously really believe them. :wacko:

I always put in the work for my claims and beliefs. Do your own work. If you are going to claim I said something, show the link or quote the post. 

19 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I already know everything I said, I just want a link showing what you said I said. You are always so full of crap when you argue, claiming somebody said things they never said. Then they call you out on your lies and you can never verify them because they're 100% bull. 

I often joke about how you believe your own lies, but sadly, I no longer think it's a joke. You obviously really believe them. :wacko:

I always put in the work for my claims and beliefs. Do your own work. If you are going to claim I said something, show the link or quote the post. 

Let’s just keep this real simple. This page isn’t this long because we all are in agreement that Quez Watkins is mediocre. Can you even admit to that yet? 

14 hours ago, EagleVA said:

I think his biggest issue is lack of targets. 

You want to say it's a trust issue but do you know that for sure, did Hurts not trust Goedart earlier in the year or has he stopped trusting Smith the past 2 games?

Go tell your trust issue story to BoZo the Clown because I ain't trying to hear it.

FYI a player usually doesn’t get as many "targets” or opportunities because the player ahead of him is better. Let’s keep it real now. At this point Brown, Smith, Goedert, Gainwell, and Swift are all better targets than this bum you’re peddling. To be clear that not my viewpoint, because the Eagles currently feel this way too. The numbers show that. 

DBAFDA68-1DE5-4441-AE1B-224C4784D530.jpeg