Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

Gonna chalk this one up as a win. Finally got nola run support 

Never gets less funny 

• Like 1

If hall keeps this up, next offseason deal hoskins for outfield or pitching help. 

6 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If hall keeps this up, next offseason week deal hoskins for outfield or pitching help. 

Fixed

Put Hall in the Hall

all 3 of his hits since getting called up are home runs

Never saw 4 HR in a row before :o

Schmidt brings absolutely nothing to the broadcasts and as I say that McCarthy brings something useful out of Schmidt

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Never saw 4 HR in a row before :o

Gibson’s era since beginning of June is 6+ 

These uniforms are confusing I couldn't tell who was the Phillies were and the Cardinals were when I just flipped it on lol. 

Weren't we done with Schwarber just a month ago? Like I said, baseball is the streakiest of sports, and its fans are often the silliest. Gotta play the long game.

58 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Weren't we done with Schwarber just a month ago? Like I said, baseball is the streakiest of sports, and its fans are often the silliest. Gotta play the long game.

Schwarber always mashes in June. If that’s the only month he does it, is that contract worth it for 1 month of the season where he plays up to the contract?

Let’s be honest april and May he wasn’t good unless he hit a homer. He was basically useless unless he did. He was hitting .185 and an OBP of .310 but had 11 homers. In June he had 12 homers and hit .272 and .385 obp. The homers were awesome but he actually was also getting on base and not just relying on homers. First two months he had 32 hits. 21 weren’t homers. Last month he had 28 hits. 16 weren’t homers. Also had 30 walks first 2 months. He had 19 in June. He was able to hit the homers cause he was taking walks and pitches and not just trying to hit homers. He got homers but he wasn’t just solely trying to do that 

I’m curious to see if he continues it cause if it reverts back to April and may it’s really not good enough for the Phillies especially with realmuto and Crapellanos hitting how he is 

This ump behind the plate is Fing garbage tonight. 

5 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Schwarber always mashes in June. If that’s the only month he does it, is that contract worth it for 1 month of the season where he plays up to the contract?

Let’s be honest april and May he wasn’t good unless he hit a homer. He was basically useless unless he did. He was hitting .185 and an OBP of .310 but had 11 homers. In June he had 12 homers and hit .272 and .385 obp. The homers were awesome but he actually was also getting on base and not just relying on homers. First two months he had 32 hits. 21 weren’t homers. Last month he had 28 hits. 16 weren’t homers. Also had 30 walks first 2 months. He had 19 in June. He was able to hit the homers cause he was taking walks and pitches and not just trying to hit homers. He got homers but he wasn’t just solely trying to do that 

I’m curious to see if he continues it cause if it reverts back to April and may it’s really not good enough for the Phillies especially with realmuto and Crapellanos hitting how he is 

Lot of season left. Baseball is a marathon. Proven Talented hitters usually rise to their average by the end of the season 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Lot of season left. Baseball is a marathon. Proven Talented hitters usually rise to their average by the end of the season 

I mean Schwarber’s career is all over the place tbh. There’s years like last year where he was great and others where he hit .211 and .188. For me the Phillies need him to stay hot til harper gets back. Hopefully he does. But to start july he’s 2-13 with 5 Ks. Honestly we really need realmuto and Crapellanos to get going. If they can start hitting then it doesn’t all fall on schwarber to just stay hot and hit  homers 

honestly we really need another starter. Cause who knows with eflin. Feels like this happens every year with him. And gibson since beginning of June has a 6.82 era. 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I mean Schwarber’s career is all over the place tbh. There’s years like last year where he was great and others where he hit .211 and .188. For me the Phillies need him to stay hot til harper gets back. Hopefully he does. But to start july he’s 2-13 with 5 Ks. Honestly we really need realmuto and Crapellanos to get going. 

Those are the two I’m really talking about. If they get hot Over the next month and bridge the gap to harper coming back we may actually be in decent shape. 

Schwarber is what he is. He gets hot and is amazing for a while then cools off. An upgrade over what we had for sure but not gonna carry your team all year. 

1 minute ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Those are the two I’m really talking about. If they get hot Over the next month and bridge the gap to harper coming back we may actually be in decent shape. 

Schwarber is what he is. He gets hot and is amazing for a while then cools off. An upgrade over what we had for sure but not gonna carry your team all year. 

I actually think they need another starter cause gibson is leaking oil. He has a 6.82 era since beginning of June. Can’t trust eflin tbh. He has had this issue the past couple years and unreliable to make it through the rest of the year. Not sure who’s available. German Marquez is having a bad year pitching at home in Colorado. But his stuff is still nasty and he’s under contract for another year. I think if you get him out of Colorado it could turn him around. He has the stuff to be a top end of the rotation guy. And the Rockies might give him away for a lot less.  

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Freaking Simmons ....... Wrong thread 😋

• Like 1

Nice to take 2/3 from the cards…but I’m not sure how much longer they can hold it together.  Now down 2 starters…need to make a move ASAP

can’t believe I’d rather have odubel starting than moniak 

Went to the baseball hall of fame museum today. What a great place. It was amazing seeing and being around all of the baseball history. Had some good Phillies stuff including Howards and Blantons bats from the 08 series, Hamels baseball when he pitched that no hitter in 2015, the hat Lidge was wearing when he struck out Hinske, as well as a section for the Whiz Kids. Obviously got to see the HOF plaques of Halladay, Carlton, Ashburn, and Schmidt. If you haven't been, I highly recommend it. 

• Like 7