Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

I didn’t catch the game.  Why did they take out Sanchez early?

5 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

I didn’t catch the game.  Why did they take out Sanchez early?

Pitch count probably

• Like 1

Schwarber with 2 more homers tonight. Wow.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Realmuto continuing his sucky ways.

Fans need to stop saying he’s the best catcher in baseball. He really hasn’t for a full season since 2019. Even last year there were about 3 catchers better than him. Particularly Perez who was fantastic. 

35 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

This is the hottest I’ve ever seen a HR hitter.  I thought Rhys Hoskins debut was something.  

Schwarber is on pace for 16 homers in 19 games against the nats. Only soto and bell on Washington are on pace for more homers this year than Schwarber’s pace against the nats

You would have thought the Phillies were facing Nolan Ryan tonight instead of a guy that had an ERA over 4. They looked over matched and had zero plan at the plate. It seemed they were all going up there to just hack away and hope for the best. The 3,4, and 5 hitters had 9 K's between them. 

24 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Hall shouldn’t be hitting 3.  Schwarber should be hitting 4.  JT should be hitting either lead off or 2nd.  

Hall has been in the cleanup spot and Castellanos has been in the 3 spot. I can give Hall some slack since he is a rookie but Castellanos has been a huge disappointment. Not sure who I have less faith in, him or JT. 

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Hall shouldn’t be hitting 3.  Schwarber should be hitting 4.  JT should be hitting either lead off or 2nd.  

What’s Schwarber’s total of solo homers? It feels like he has a lot. I’m guessing the Phillies will say we want him leadoff cause we get the maximum at bats that way. But really with Harper out we need him batting behind guys so when he hits two homers it’s not just 1 run for each 

I’d frankly drop castellanos in the order. His OBP is not very good and he’s not hitting well enough to be that high. Our two best hitters right now are Rhys and schwarber. I probably go realmuto, hall, Rhys and schwarber to make it R, L, R, L in the lineup. I’d consider moving bohm up to 5th in the lineup as he had a 9 game hit streak until tonight. Then put didi behind him until castellanos starts hitting. Basically your lineup goes R, L, R, L, R, L, R and whoever you have at 8 and 9. 

• Like 1

Castellanos had a horrible June

hit .223 with 4 doubles and 1 home run

4 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Castellanos had a horrible June

hit .223 with 4 doubles and 1 home run

Yeah NoHR Crapellanos 

Can’t take this team seriously when you lose to the Nats with Nola pitching.  Another waste of a season 

• Haha 2

They had what, 33 strikeouts last night? Seemed like that many, anyway.

3 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Good thing they lost, so you can post in here.  

Not my problem they aren’t good.  Not going to pretend they are.  Plus all you do is complain about every single thing philly teams do so not sure why you’re coming at me

• Haha 1

Bryce being out until August hurts but I think this team has enough talent to keep them in contention until he comes back.  Schwarber is playing out of his mind and if a guy like Castellanos (Or Realmuto, Hoskins, Hall, etc) gets hot - this team can still score runs. 

31 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Bryce being out until August hurts but I think this team has enough talent to keep them in contention until he comes back.  Schwarber is playing out of his mind and if a guy like Castellanos (Or Realmuto, Hoskins, Hall, etc) gets hot - this team can still score runs. 

They really need to win games that nola and wheeler are pitching. Cause they really don’t have to score a ton of runs when they are pitching. The issue is does the starting pitching hold up with eflin and Suarez out along with gibson having close to a 7 ERA over the last 1.5 months. So right now don’t know what you are gonna get from 3 of the 5 starters. So when nola pitched great like last night can’t have odubel being odubel and we need more than just two solo homers. 

bullpen has actually finding itself besides familia. Offense has been solid but known to be up and down at times. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

They really need to win games that nola and wheeler are pitching. Cause they really don’t have to score a ton of runs when they are pitching. The issue is does the starting pitching hold up with eflin and Suarez out along with gibson having close to a 7 ERA over the last 1.5 months. So right now don’t know what you are gonna get from 3 of the 5 starters. So when nola pitched great like last night can’t have odubel being odubel and we need more than just two solo homers. 

bullpen has actually finding itself besides familia. Offense has been solid but known to be up and down at times. 

They basically need to win every game that wheeler or nola start.  Otherwise they will be done within a month.  Games like last night just can’t happen if this team wants to make the playoffs.

And right on cue, the 3, 4, snd 5 hitters once again fail to bring guys home. 2nd and 3rd , nobody out and it's K, K, force out. 

Nice…lost the series to the nats.  Screw these losers 

• Haha 1

I like this Hall kid. He needs to take some more pitches and walks but He’s hitting .290. But .290 OBP but would like for his OBL to be up closer to around .340-350

3 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Castellanos was an all time bad signing 

Possibly. However i know his wife has said they have been dealing with a big family issue so i have a feeling there might be something going on that we don’t exactly know about. That said beginning to look like an awful signing at least for this year. 

Can't believe Schwarber didn't hit a homerun today... what a bust.

🤣

• Like 1

If the Phillies can somehow get to the all star break being tied or in the lead for the last wild card spot that’s huge. Got 4 at St. Louis, 2 at Toronto (which vaccine might be a huge disadvantage for us) and 3 at Miami. Cause after the break they have 3 vs. cubs, 3 vs. braves,  4 at pirates, 2 at Braves, 4 vs. nats and 3 vs. marlins. Even after that stretch besides the Mets their schedule is really soft in august. Have 3 at Mets, 3 at cincy, 4 vs. Mets, 4 vs. cincy, 3 vs. pirates and 3 at dbacks. If the Phillies just go 5-7 against Braves and Mets and just clean up against those horrible teams they could really vault themselves into a playoff spot.