Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

Offense has a great night all for nothing because they don't have a f'n 5th starter and the bullpen guys they ran out were utter garbage. 

As long as they keep being ok with throwing games away every 5th day, it’s hard to take this team seriously 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoEagles5921 said:

As long as they keep being ok with throwing games away every 5th day, it’s hard to take this team seriously 

Joe finally made a good tweet 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Hard to believe they haven’t made some kind of move to solidify that spot with the expectations they have this year.

13 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I'd love to see the record the day after as well....   You figure the bullpen would be taxed. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see some of these guys start coming down with arm soreness issues soon 

27 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

I'd love to see the record the day after as well....   You figure the bullpen would be taxed. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see some of these guys start coming down with arm soreness issues soon 

This reminds me of the hole in the wall where you try to plug the water coming out. Finally plug that hole and then it creates another hole. The stupidity of keep doing the bullpen game is that by August your bullpen is gonna be gassed. So you might fix the 5th spot in the rotation with painter or a move that you make to fix it but at that time that’s not gonna be your biggest problem. Your biggest problem is going to be that your bullpen is blown out in August.

also the fact that they’re dickiny around waiting on Andrew painter to come back is a risky move to begin with. We don’t know if Andrew painter is even gonna  stay healthy this year. What if he comes back like for Anthony Dominguez and then they find out he still needs the surgery because it’s still giving him problems? Then you just waited all this time and you still needed to make the move and your bullpen is in dire straights. 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

This reminds me of the hole in the wall where you try to plug the water coming out. Finally plug that hole and then it creates another hole. The stupidity of keep doing the bullpen game is that by August your bullpen is gonna be gassed. So you might fix the 5th spot in the rotation with painter or a move that you make to fix it but at that time that’s not gonna be your biggest problem. Your biggest problem is going to be that your bullpen is blown out in August.

also the fact that they’re dickiny around waiting on Andrew painter to come back is a risky move to begin with. We don’t know if Andrew painter is even gonna  stay healthy this year. What if he comes back like for Anthony Dominguez and then they find out he still needs the surgery because it’s still giving him problems? Then you just waited all this time and you still needed to make the move and your bullpen is in dire straights. 

The whole thing is f'n stupid. Its like throwing games. You might as well rest all the starting offense too every 5th day.

2 minutes ago, John Blutarski said:

The whole thing is f'n stupid. Its like throwing games. You might as well rest all the starting offense too every 5th day.

Last night the basicallt did rest 3 of their every day starters. Stott, Marsha and Clemens all sat. It was dumb to sit stott with how he was hitting going into that game. He’s been hot lately. They lost by a run. The difference in that game may have actually been 2 stott at bats instead of Guthrie and sosa 

They brought back the gey song 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

They brought back the gey song 

if there are two players that should get traded to get legit starting pitchers is castellanos and jt, trade them for prospects, use them to get starting pitching or sign them in free agency. we cant have another crap starting rotation next year, some hitters on here have to go.

2 hours ago, toughfighter83 said:

if there are two players that should get traded to get legit starting pitchers is castellanos and jt, trade them for prospects, use them to get starting pitching or sign them in free agency. we cant have another crap starting rotation next year, some hitters on here have to go.

You do realize they have 3 of the best pitching prospects in baseball right? Painter, McGarry and Abel are all considered front end of the rotation guys. 

• Haha 2

IMG_7812.jpeg

So far so good! How about that Carroll bonehead play? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:

So far so good! How about that Carroll bonehead play? 

spacer.png

they’ve lost 10 in a row I’ve been too 

It looks like Miami is taking over for Philly for losing in championship rounds.  So do the Marlins lose the World Series?

uhm... we're in the Top of the 9th. Can someone tell me, even with the game out of reach, why Arizona started throwing those soft pitches? 35-40 mph?? I've never seen that before. They just gifted us 4 more runs

5 minutes ago, JohnB said:

uhm... we're in the Top of the 9th. Can someone tell me, even with the game out of reach, why Arizona started throwing those soft pitches? 35-40 mph?? I've never seen that before. They just gifted us 4 more runs

Position player pitched, the game was over and didn’t want a chance to hurt himself throwing

spacer.png

they’ve lost 10 in a row I’ve been too 

Congrats on ending the skid

• Like 1

Just now, RoadToHell said:

Position player pitched, the game was over and didn’t want a chance to hurt himself throwing

got it. thanks for the clarification. I assume AZB went through their available rotation? I just got home from work and turned it on in the bottom of the 8th. 

4 minutes ago, JohnB said:

got it. thanks for the clarification. I assume AZB went through their available rotation? I just got home from work and turned it on in the bottom of the 8th. 

I’m sure it had something to do with athe amount of arms unavailable because of last nights game and previous ones before that. DBacks have given up at least 5 runs in 7 of their last 9 games so their bullpen arms are spent 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoadToHell said:

Congrats on ending the skid

Finally 

IMG_7838.jpeg

They will get shutout tomorrow <_<

27 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

They will get shutout tomorrow <_<

First thing i said leaving the stadium when i saw Merrill kelly pitching and scoring 15 tonight