Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Why is Walker coming out at only 83 pitches and retiring the last 7 batters he faced? 

Freeman than proceeds to hit a homer. Nice job Topper. 

12 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Freeman than proceeds to hit a homer. Nice job Topper. 

Not just that it makes no sense when he finally got settled in. Add on tomorrow is a bullpen game against the Diamondbacks who might be the best team in the National League right now. So using up your bullpen more than you should today with a bullpen game tomorrow puts you in a significant bind tomorrow. Cause whoever you pitch today likely is super limited or maybe even not available tomorrow in Az 

At least we got the run back but marsh basically taking another potential run on the board with the base running. 

Alavardo needs to find his control again. He got himself out of a potentially huge inning but was all over the place even with the last 2 Ks. Catching setting up in a spot and he’s missing it by a mile. 

Dbacks series is gonna tell a lot about the Phillies. The Phillies haven’t been good on the road this year, 13-22. Dbacks have won 10 of 13 and I’d argue playing the best baseball of anyone in the NL right now. They can hit and pitch. Weakness is their bullpen. Fortunately we miss gallen in the 4 game set. If we can get a split would be big especially considering we are just 3-9 in last 12 games in AZ. Add on going to game on Tuesday and Thursday. So they’ve lost 10 in a row in games I’ve gone to out in Arizona. So got that going against them too 

15 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Dbacks series is gonna tell a lot about the Phillies. The Phillies haven’t been good on the road this year, 13-22. Dbacks have won 10 of 13 and I’d argue playing the best baseball of anyone in the NL right now. They can hit and pitch. Weakness is their bullpen. Fortunately we miss gallen in the 4 game set. If we can get a split would be big especially considering we are just 3-9 in last 12 games in AZ. Add on going to game on Tuesday and Thursday. So they’ve lost 10 in a row in games I’ve gone to out in Arizona. So got that going against them too 

Jinx :furious:

2 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Jinx :furious:

I believe it was up to 18 consecutive games of Philadelphia teams in Arizona until the Eagles won this past year. The funny thing about it is I’ve gone to Phillies games in San Francisco, LA and San Diego and they’ve won. It’s only in Arizona every time I go

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I believe it was up to 18 consecutive games of Philadelphia teams in Arizona until the Eagles won this past year. The funny thing about it is I’ve gone to Phillies games in San Francisco, LA and San Diego and they’ve won. It’s only in Arizona every time I go

Arizona Jinx :furious:

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Arizona Jinx :furious:

I’m going on the nola start this year and i went to that last year too so in fairness it might just be nola. 

• Like 1

I’d be thrilled with a split but they are horrible on the road and even worse in Arizona so I’m expecting to lose 3/4 or get swept.

28 minutes ago, Steve 17 said:

Maybe Long can find a way to lock in our pitchers as well.

Frankly nola needs to fix the homer problem. And walker needs to fix his control/walls issue. Suarez and wheeler seem to be turning it around. The 5th starter is a lost cause cause everyone they use is awful. Need to just make a trade or get painter back which is looking like it is unlikely for a while and who knows when he comes back if he stays healthy. He likely needs TJ and they are doing the same crap they did with dominguez 

Feels like we are gonna need like 10 runs tonight 

Obvious we need to keep bashing Turner, realmuto and marsh. Cause they’ve been better since we have 

JFC can we please trade for a Fing 5th starter. Holy F marte blows and so does everyone else in the bullpen games. 

thankfully our manager also decided to play Harrison, Guthrie and sosa all on the same day. Brilliance. 

Thankfully, we have a fifth starter so all this offense we had tonight isn’t for nothing. Oh wait, we don’t.

3 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Feels like we are gonna need like 10 runs tonight 

Yup needed 10 got 8. Thanks for not having a 5th starter Phillies 

and the A’s have won 6 in a row right now. So naturally this is when the Phillies would play them.