Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

2 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Don't know if it's feasible but he needs to be sent down to the minors. Bring someone else up.

Yeah they on do it. But he and Dominguez have been this way since the start of last year. If we are at the end of May and it’s the same then at that point it’s not just one bad season for both. Thats who they are 

Well Soto tried to lose this one but managed to end that potential nightmare 

Castellanos is a complete waste, Rojas is a much better overall player

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Castellanos is a complete waste, Rojas is a much better overall player

Rojas issue isn’t that he can’t be a major league hitter. The problem is he’s not ready to be a consistent major league hitter yet. He probably should have started the season in the minors to work out some of the stuff and get his confidence up.

Castellanos is what he is. It’s why I said last off-season. You should try to trade him while he’s coming off a decently good year. Even if you have to eat some money on the contract, it would still be worth it. Because you don’t wanna be stuck with him if he comes back the following year and is bad. Then you’re gonna get stuck with him for at least two more years at 40 million. And you were never getting him to not chase bad pitches. Turner had the same issue last year. But for most of his career, he was not nearly as bad as he was last year. It’s why you see so far this year he’s looked a hell of a lot better. This is more of what trea Turner is.

8 hours ago, vsptroops said:

Don't know if it's feasible but he needs to be sent down to the minors. Bring someone else up.

I'd rather see Nick Nelson back up at this point than Soto or Dominguez. They're both terrible.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, John Blutarski said:

I'd rather see Nick Nelson back up at this point than Soto or Dominguez. They're both terrible.

Idk about that. Nelson has no future here and he is an unfixable problem and rare success at this level. I think you give Dominguez and Soto til beginning of June. If it’s the same issue then you likely have to acquire a BP arm and send them down to work crap out like they did with Alvarado that one year 

20 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Idk about that. Nelson has no future here and he is an unfixable problem and rare success at this level. I think you give Dominguez and Soto til beginning of June. If it’s the same issue then you likely have to acquire a BP arm and send them down to work crap out like they did with Alvarado that one year 

You're probably right. They will need to do something and will likely be someone from outside the org. I also hope Alvarado holds up because we're really screwed if he goes down from overuse/injury. I felt like Dombrowski didn't do enough with the bullpen this past offseason. Luckily the starting rotation has been very good so far.

Nick Castellanos.... 

Screenshot_20240418_133143_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240418_132909_Chrome.jpg

17 minutes ago, John Blutarski said:

You're probably right. They will need to do something and will likely be someone from outside the org. I also hope Alvarado holds up because we're really screwed if he goes down from overuse/injury. I felt like Dombrowski didn't do enough with the bullpen this past offseason. Luckily the starting rotation has been very good so far.

I was going to say they need to get a bat at the deadline. Because their offense is nowhere as consistent in where it needs to be right now. But if they get better, they don’t. But even if you wanted to go get a bat where are you gonna put them in the field. You’re either gonna take Rojas out who’s finally starting to look Like a major league hitter over the last couple games. Or are you gonna have to bench Castellanos. And I don’t see the Phillies benching him even though it would warrant it if we’re in freaking July and he still hitting this ****.

bullpen probably makes the most sense at that point 

2 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Nick Castellanos.... 

Screenshot_20240418_133143_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240418_132909_Chrome.jpg

So he’s basically Pedro cerrano 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

So he’s basically Pedro cerrano 

I was thinking the exact same thing!  Someone get Jobu some f'ing Rum!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NYEagle said:

I was thinking the exact same thing!  Someone get Jobu some f'ing Rum!!

Another solution is we make a trade for tanka 

spacer.png

I like the Mets city connect jerseys

Turner hitting really well. Up to .338 and just under .400 OBP 

• Like 1

Turnbull has been really solid so far this year. I'm not looking forward to having Walker back giving up 5 runs every 4 innings.

1 hour ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

I like the Mets city connect jerseys

Looks like it could be the Yankees. With that being said, they’re not bad 

16 minutes ago, John Blutarski said:

Turnbull has been really solid so far this year. I'm not looking forward to having Walker back giving up 5 runs every 4 innings.

If Turnbull keeps pitching great then Sanchez will be demoted 

Alec Bohm and Turner 4-4 tonight, 4 runs, 6 RBI and 2 HRs (Bohm)

• Like 1

Bohm's having a pretty okay game...

Another one!!!

• Like 1

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Another one!!!

Despite these uniforms, my Bohmer is protruding through my sweatpants!!  

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Despite these uniforms, my Bohmer is protruding through my sweatpants!!  

No uniform could ever prevent me from a bohmer! Mine is in the open air!

Whit with his first homer! 7-0