Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

What a night for Ranger. Complete game shutout. 

Beautiful game Ranger. Well done 

Good win for Ranger. Can’t believe they let him throw that many pitches.

44 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

bryce finally comes through with a RISP!!  

spacer.png

Can’t believe they left Suarez in for 110 pitches. I’m not upset about it. I’m just very surprised. What a performance. Will be nice when we actually hit the damn ball. 

I don’t really care too much about this (like sticky corners that don’t wanna tackle), but his defensive play is insane. Almost like there are zero hits up the middle when he’s pitching. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Can’t believe they left Suarez in for 110 pitches. I’m not upset about it. I’m just very surprised. What a performance. Will be nice when we actually hit the damn ball. 

I don’t really care too much about this (like sticky corners that don’t wanna tackle), but his defensive play is insane. Almost like there are zero hits up the middle when he’s pitching. 

He’s so nonchalant about it too.  Reminds me a lot of Cliff Lee in demeanor.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hputenis said:

He’s one of the best pitchers in the defensive field we will ever see 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, hputenis said:
  Hide contents

image.gif.4a90bbee622b2f85eeb7373c3233ad14.gif

I plan on losing weight someday, I skip the sauce

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

He’s so nonchalant about it too.  Reminds me a lot of Cliff Lee in demeanor.

Hopefully he doesn’t take after Cliff in press conferences.  😂😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, hputenis said:

What’s irritating about it is they’ll let him throw 110+ pitches in an April game but meanwhile postseason they’ll be cruising and they’ll pull him at like 75-80

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

What a night for Ranger. Complete game shutout. 

What a night indeed

Turner just needs a triple for the cycle 

What do we do with Nick? Do we sit him for a few games and see if that changes anything? This guy is clueless at the plate and swings at everything no matter what 

Meanwhile Taryn over here fighting her alcoholism 

1 minute ago, RoadToHell said:

What do we do with Nick? Do we sit him for a few games and see if that changes anything? This guy is clueless at the plate and swings at everything no matter what 

Problem is you really don’t have anyone that can step in to RF and hit anyway. Merrifield has been bad as well. Crawford isn’t ready yet. The other young kids aren’t either. They should’ve just ate some money on a trade to get rid of him during the offseason. They didn’t want to eat any of the money. You could see Castellanos confidence not being there at the end of last year’s nlcs and he was never changing his approach. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Problem is you really don’t have anyone that can step in to RF and hit anyway. Merrifield has been bad as well. Crawford isn’t ready yet. The other young kids aren’t either. They should’ve just ate some money on a trade to get rid of him during the offseason. They didn’t want to eat any of the money. You could see Castellanos confidence not being there at the end of last year’s nlcs and he was never changing his approach. 

It’s looks like it’s coming down to that and might just have to eat his contract. Maybe we see Harper back in RF at some point this season with Bohm at 1st and Sosa at 3rd 

Rojas with his best hit of the year without question. Might be a while till we see another one that nice but I’ll take it 

Would be nice if schwarber got hot earlier than June 

Soto efen sucks. Holy hell. Him and Seranthony can go ef themselves. 

• Like 1

Just now, vsptroops said:

Soto efen sucks. Holy hell. Him and Seranthony can go ef themselves. 

Not sure why he was still in the game as soon as the bases got loaded. He wasn’t locating and he gave up 3 consecutive singles 

1 minute ago, RoadToHell said:

Soto just made this a game

Honestly he’s just not very good. He doesn’t consistently have control. First two weeks he did. Now you see the last 3 appearances he hasn’t and struggled. His last 3 appearances he’s thrown 2 innings and given up 6 hits, 3ERs and 4 BB. 

Wow another Philadelphia collapse 

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Honestly he’s just not very good. He doesn’t consistently have control. First two weeks he did. Now you see the last 3 appearances he hasn’t and struggled. His last 3 appearances he’s thrown 2 innings and given up 6 hits, 3ERs and 4 BB. 

Don't know if it's feasible but he needs to be sent down to the minors. Bring someone else up.