Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2022 Post-Season - NO POLITICS

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Not an Andy Reid bowl.  F that guy.  He's a scumbag.  

 

 

I heard Joe Decamara and John Kincaid both say that it would be hard for them to root against AR in the SB.  What the F is that??  So GD dumb.  

Lol why is AR a scumbag?

  • Replies 37.4k
  • Views 1.2m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Flights booked. Hotel booked. Will work on tickets this week. Gonna surprise the old man and show up to take him next Sunday. 

  • FranklinFldEBUpper
    FranklinFldEBUpper

    Getting ready to walk out the door to head to the stadium. Same thing I said five years ago....when I get home, I'm either going to be really depressed or extremely jubilant. Later gents.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

HUVxq_o6?format=jpg&name=small

 

We are an Eagles and Chiefs win away from a Possible "Kelce Bowl" or "Andy Reid Bowl".   

Was that the 2017 game we lost?

26 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

Hey - while you are correct- it is a tomorrow problem, I make a living out of preparing for tomorrow problems. WHen I see the red flags, I cant ignore them, I have to be able to see them coming - if I want to survive. 

doomsday prepper confirmed

1 minute ago, we_gotta_believe said:

I disagree

image.gif.fa80ecb99442ec56764bad4156c2222d.gif

25 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Nobody cares.  If jr wants to give his opinion, he should join the board again.

I care, JR was a respected member of the blog for as long as I can remember. Matt is more than welcome to post updates from JR as it's appreciated by me and I'm sure others who still are curious what he has to say.

Just now, Mike030270 said:

Was that the 2017 game we lost?

I think it was 2017 because last year we played the Chiefs in Philly.  Ironically our 1st and 2nd Home Games last year was against the 49ers and Chiefs.  

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Is that a new term for you?  Sounds like something Bacarty or RTK would post. 

Nope.  Studied group think/mob mentality (among other things)  etc when I majored in  psychology at Penn State 25 years ago.  

And you’re right, it can happen often among fan bases, political parties, cultures, organizations, etc.

Most of the time it’s harmless as long as people are "open minded” enough to (at least) respect other views, etc.  It usually doesn’t become a problem until people take it to extremes, becoming radicalized, etc. 

12 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

fat drunk and stupid | Tumblr

"0.0  Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son"

Interesting punting note from Sirianni's PC.

Siposs is apparently kicking and doing things on his own but obviously not at practice. 

5 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

I care, JR was a respected member of the blog for as long as I can remember. Matt is more than welcome to post updates from JR as it's appreciated by me and I'm sure others who still are curious what he has to say.

What is the point of quitting the board if you are still posting through a 3rd party ??

 

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Interesting punting note from Sirianni's PC.

Siposs is apparently kicking and doing things on his own but obviously not at practice. 

image.gif.9a4383b44741085893f994ef4ac9ea10.gif

37 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

 

I 100% believe when we win the Super Bowl that Kelce chooses to go out on top...which will cause me to cry tears of both joy and sadness simultaneously. Jurgens has monumentally huge cleats to fill.

14 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

HUVxq_o6?format=jpg&name=small

 

We are an Eagles and Chiefs win away from a Possible "Kelce Bowl" or "Andy Reid Bowl".   

That would take their sibling rivalry to new heights

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

 

Getting him back for the SB will be far more important than this week. SF doesn't run 3 WR very often, and I don't necessarily want him covering Kittle. But against KC or CIN, definitely needed.

6 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

I care, JR was a respected member of the blog for as long as I can remember. Matt is more than welcome to post updates from JR as it's appreciated by me and I'm sure others who still are curious what he has to say.

Someone tell him to come back.  The majority of the members here respect his knowledge of the game.  

9 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

The whole point is just that large people exist. I find it odd that people care enough about things like that. It has zero impact on your life unless you allow it to bother you. 

I don't want to get in to a CVON discussion here because we could go that way and fast.  There sure are a lot of large people that exist.  That doesn't mean it's healthy and that doesn't mean it should be advertised AS healthy.  That's the problem I have.  There's a 100% guided effort to normalize obesity as being healthy.  That's wrong and it's going to kill people. 

Obesity was one of the highest comorbities with Covid.  From Science.org, obese people were 113% more likely than people of healthy weight to land in the hospital, 74% more likely to be admitted to an ICU, and 48% more likely to die.  No one wanted to talk about that when we were locked down.  

It's a real problem that shouldn't be ignored and shouldn't contnually be pushed as healthy.  BUt the more they want to normalize it the more you're going to hear that fatphobia is real and fatphobia is racist.  BMI is racist.  Or TIME Magazine saying that exerciise is routed in white supremacy.  All of the magic words being used....phobia, racist, white supremacy.  The trifecta.  We have enough sheep in our society who see those words and instantly say yep, gotta be the reason.  

Doesn't help one bit that you walk in to the grocery store and you're immediately walking through BOGO potato chips, fresh baked cookies and countless other junk food sales.  It's a straight shot to the candy aisle but a hard left and 15 aisles to get to the fresh produce.  

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

What is the point of quitting the board

Because he got tired of all the idiots and their petulant behavior, and to be honest, I don't blame him. All the back and forth drama can be exhausting. There are other areas of the boards to do that sort of thing, and while I don't get too bothered by it, I can certainly understand why guys like him, Veej, and so many others just threw their hands up and said enough is enough. At the end of the day, they found better outlets to talk football and that was their choice.

Quote

if you are still posting through a 3rd party ??

I think what matt is posting are just snippets of the conversations he might've had with JR, and not acting as a proxy so that JR can still post in the blog through him.

21 minutes ago, mattwill said:

Sure is an absolute word. It assumes a 100% certainty.  Real life doesn’t work that way.

Just out of curiosity what kind of job do you do for a living?

Saying it will or will not happen are both absolute, I clearly said, I am not saying it will, I'll add I am not saying it wont happen. It remains a possibility, something that bears watching going fwd.

As far as my vocation- I try to keep that kind of stuff private. Suffice it to say, I work - been in the industry 3+ decades -  and have decades of experience managing large groups of people 

4 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I don't want to get in to a CVON discussion here because we could go that way and fast.  There sure are a lot of large people that exist.  That doesn't mean it's healthy and that doesn't mean it should be advertised AS healthy.  That's the problem I have.  There's a 100% guided effort to normalize obesity as being healthy.  That's wrong and it's going to kill people. 

Obesity was one of the highest comorbities with Covid.  From Science.org, obese people were 113% more likely than people of healthy weight to land in the hospital, 74% more likely to be admitted to an ICU, and 48% more likely to die.  No one wanted to talk about that when we were locked down.  

It's a real problem that shouldn't be ignored and shouldn't contnually be pushed as healthy.  BUt the more they want to normalize it the more you're going to hear that fatphobia is real and fatphobia is racist.  BMI is racist.  Or TIME Magazine saying that exerciise is routed in white supremacy.  All of the magic words being used....phobia, racist, white supremacy.  The trifecta.  We have enough sheep in our society who see those words and instantly say yep, gotta be the reason.  

Doesn't help one bit that you walk in to the grocery store and you're immediately walking through BOGO potato chips, fresh baked cookies and countless other junk food sales.  It's a straight shot to the candy aisle but a hard left and 15 aisles to get to the fresh produce.  

Oddly, as I think about it; almost every grocery store here opens up to the fruit and veggies section. Candy and chips are in the middle of the stores.

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

Who would have thought when I was banned on the old board, and the lengths I had to go to get it over turned would have turned out to be blessing in disguise when they decided to close the official board.  Glad I was able to provide you the information I acquired during that to get this thing rolling.

Would have been cool to be able to migrate the old board as the archives are somewhat a pain to navigate, but I think a fresh start was the best thing.

Because of what the Eagles were saying about transferring it to us (privacy issues concerning all of the user data that we'd get), my main thought/idea wasn't really to transfer it and keep going like nothing happened.

I told Dave that we'd delete all member data such as usernames, IP addresses and email addresses before they transferred it to us. I even spoke with Invision, since they physically had the database about one of them doing that before allowing us to take possession of it... though @Moderator12 had access to it and knew how to do it and was prepared to do so if given the opportunity. 

Once that was done, the New EMB would be what it is today and what it was from day one. But, I'd have installed a separate installation of the board with the old Database. Registrations would have been turned off and all of the old posts would have been 'read only'. So it would have been our own private archive of EMB past. There for us to reference and read, but that's all (with our Amazon links installed, of course!).

I still wish we'd have gotten it for that purpose, but that's ok.  

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I 100% believe when we win the Super Bowl that Kelce chooses to go out on top...which will cause me to cry tears of both joy and sadness simultaneously. Jurgens has monumentally huge cleats to fill.

I thought last year was his last year, and then thought for sure this year would be his last with drafting Jurgens and his increased social media presence. But man, if he's healthy how do you walk away when you are still performing at the level of a first team all-pro?

26 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

The whole point is just that large people exist. I find it odd that people care enough about things like that. It has zero impact on your life unless you allow it to bother you. 

You didn't get the memo that obesity is highly contagious? Better be careful who you stand next to in line at the grocery store!

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Brought in scumbag Lesean McCoy, after he was a scumbag in philly. 

Kept scumbag Tyreek Hill around.  

Had two sons who were scumbags as kids and handed one of them a BS job on his staff before that scumbag son almost killed an innocent child. Other son OD, sadly.   (shame he had to deal with the death of a child, I don't joke about that)  How much time did AR take to mourn his child?  

Brought on a scumbag dog killer. 

Drafted and keeps abusive criminal scumbag Frank Clark on his roster.  

Fed #5 over and over again with little to no talent on the outside.  

 

For as much as we vilify Dallas for having scumbags.  AR is no saint in that respect.  

Not to mention his obesity puts a strain on the economy.

Good coach, no doubt.  Not the angel the media makes him out to be.  

 

 

 

Yeah, quit after he put his foot in his mouth and got exposed for being a troll.  

You try and take away his chunky soup and see what happens!

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

Oddly, as I think about it; almost every grocery store here opens up to the fruit and veggies section. Candy and chips are in the middle of the stores.

Don't lie.  You have to navigate through the maple syrup aisle first.  And it's case by case here to be honest.  There are some stores that you do walk in to the produce section but others are as I described.  

How different would it be if rather than candy sitting about the conveyer belt, they had fresh fruit?  Would people be more prone to buying an apple last minute rather than adding the Snickers bar they didn't need?  

There are so many marketing tricks used when it comes to food consumption.  Whethere it's product placement, colors or how the item is priced.  So many things used to manipulate the way we shop and eat.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.