Jalen Hurts discussion (Part 2) - see new topic for contract extension

VaBeach_Eagle

11 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Rodgers now has 18 years of NFL experience, 15 as a starter (or 4 EMB rookie years). We certainly had a good team around the QB on offense last season, but passing wasn't a problem. We had one of the NFL's top QBs last season and Rodgers was behind him on all lists, statistical or analytical.  With Rodgers, were we going to be behind for a large part of most games? I'm asking because I'm just wondering where all these extra passing yards are coming from

I see you got a little defensive there. No reason to. I really don't think we should be comparing Rodgers vs Hurts because a few of us said Rodgers would do great in this offense. It wouldn't be fair to Hurts. Hurts is the QB here

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, NOTW said:

The year they gave Cox a $100m contract Howie signed everyone else first.  It made it easier to then structure one big deal around the cap, rather than make one big deal first then try to make all the other deals fit.  I suppose he's doing that with Hurts. 

You know Howie talks to these agents and has a plan, he is the master at looking at the contract structures and cap situation long term and figuring it out.  I honestly don't know why anyone worries about this, we know they'll extend Hurts.  Howie's trying to keep some free agents at the moment.

And he's doing a great job of it. Some of our fan base forgets how lucky we are to field so many competitive rosters. It's the culture from the top of the front office right down through this team. Could you imagine being a Browns or Commanders fan and sleeping through the off season knowing your team will be a turd regardless?

As for Hurts, i think he very well might get 50mil a year. Especially considering the expected jump in cap the next few years.

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I see you got a little defensive there. No reason to. I really don't think we should be comparing Rodgers vs Hurts because a few of us said Rodgers would do great in this offense. It wouldn't be fair to Hurts. Hurts is the QB here

Call it what you want. I find it comical that some believe those hypothetical claims. Teams that pass for 5000 yards probably trail in a lot of games. Fortunately, we were milking a lot of clock in the second half of games where we had sizable leads at halftime. Had Hurts struggled to throw when we needed to throw, you may have a valid claim about Rodgers. Unfortunately for that claim, Hurts was one of the best passers in the NFL last season. So, once again, please explain why we needed to pass more.

No doubt Rodgers is a savvy vet QB that Hurts can study and learn from as he continues to get better. So far, Hurts has sought out P. Manning and Tom Brady the last 2 off seasons to learn what he could and become a better player / QB / professional. It wouldn't surprise me if he ever reaches out to Rodgers too. 

14 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Call it what you want. I find it comical that some believe those hypothetical claims. Teams that pass for 5000 yards probably trail in a lot of games. Fortunately, we were milking a lot of clock in the second half of games where we had sizable leads at halftime. Had Hurts struggled to throw when we needed to throw, you may have a valid claim about Rodgers. Unfortunately for that claim, Hurts was one of the best passers in the NFL last season. So, once again, please explain why we needed to pass more.

No doubt Rodgers is a savvy vet QB that Hurts can study and learn from as he continues to get better. So far, Hurts has sought out P. Manning and Tom Brady the last 2 off seasons to learn what he could and become a better player / QB / professional. It wouldn't surprise me if he ever reaches out to Rodgers too. 

Not sure where you're coming up with the trailing idea because I seriously doubt that. You really took this as some huge dig at Hurts for some reason and felt like you needed to defend him. It wasn't. Also no one said Hurts needed to pass more. That was just you bringing up new things to defend that wasn't necessary 

4 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Not sure where you're coming up with the trailing idea because I seriously doubt that. You really took this as some huge dig at Hurts for some reason and felt like you needed to defend him. It wasn't. Also no one said Hurts needed to pass more. That was just you bringing up new things to defend that wasn't necessary 

lol

Rodgers has nothing to offer any young QB. He has talent and that's it.

• He likes to avoid risky throws even if it costs his team.
  • He will take a 3rd down sack over forcing a tight throw.
  • He insults his teammates while he cries for Jake Kumerow and 'weapons'
  • He chokes hard in the playoffs.
  • He avoids offseason work like the plague.
  • He has no integrity. (lies to the media and gets in endless hissy-fits on social media) Dianna Russini annihilated him today with her funny comeback and the truth.
  • He repels a lengthy list of ex-girlfriends and his own family
  • He takes drugs instead of going to OTAs.
  • He picks fights with his FO.
  • He starts ish vs the Packers on social media on draft day.
  • He says stupid OWN YOU garbage about a team that hasn't won a playoff game since 2010 when the Bears kicked his ass in the NFCCG but BJ Raji bailed him out.
    • Some QBs want to win playoff games. A-A-Ron wants to own the Bears.
  • He is the anti-Brady and a 40 year old man baby. 

F that jerk. Keep Hurts the hell away from him.

Nick Foles can teach Hurts more about winning than Rodgers can.

Blake Bortles can teach him as much about winning playoff games the last 6 years as Rodgers can.

He's also a conspiracy nut who thinks Big Pharma paid the media to go after him and he asked DeShone Kizer if he thought 911 was an inside job.

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well Minshew Mania is over.

There goes the dream of him replacing Hurts as starter. :lol:

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I really didn't think you guys would be so sensitive about that remark

:rolleyes:

Gets called out for a stupid hypothetical claim and then accuses opponents of being sensitive ...

Please, everybody, stop being so sensitive and just agree that Chris Simms has been right all along!

6 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Rodgers has nothing to offer any young QB. He has talent and that's it.

• He likes to avoid risky throws even if it costs his team.
  • He will take a 3rd down sack over forcing a tight throw.
  • He insults his teammates while he cries for Jake Kumerow and 'weapons'
  • He chokes hard in the playoffs.
  • He avoids offseason work like the plague.
  • He has no integrity. (lies to the media and gets in endless hissy-fits on social media) Dianna Russini annihilated him today with her funny comeback and the truth.
  • He repels a lengthy list of ex-girlfriends and his own family
  • He takes drugs instead of going to OTAs.
  • He picks fights with his FO.
  • He starts ish vs the Packers on social media on draft day.
  • He says stupid OWN YOU garbage about a team that hasn't won a playoff game since 2010 when the Bears kicked his ass in the NFCCG but BJ Raji bailed him out.
    • Some QBs want to win playoff games. A-A-Ron wants to own the Bears.
  • He is the anti-Brady and a 40 year old man baby. 

F that jerk. Keep Hurts the hell away from him.

Nick Foles can teach Hurts more about winning than Rodgers can.

Blake Bortles can teach him as much about winning playoff games the last 6 years as Rodgers can.

Despite all this, I think people really seem to forget that if Rodgers came here the Eagles would have had to pay a lot to get him especially coming off the best record in the league at the time. So functionally this offense would have been drastically different. So long AJ Brown, and welcome back Jalen Reagor. I don’t care who the quarterback is, because that guy stinks. Also say goodbye to all of those defensive upgrades they made in the offseason. No Reddick, White, Bradbury, and likely no CJGJ, and definitely no Davis. That pick is gone to get Rodgers too. This year Rodgers contract would’ve made it impossible to bring people back as well. Rodgers wouldn’t have thrived in this offense. He and his contract would have caused this team to flounder just like he did to Green Bay this year. Rodgers would’ve been a nightmare scenario here and not a blessing. People would’ve been calling for Sirianni and Howie’s head over it. 

11 hours ago, SkippyX said:

He's also a conspiracy nut who thinks Big Pharma paid the media to go after him and he asked DeShone Kizer if he thought 911 was an inside job.

Huh?

9 hours ago, brkmsn said:

:rolleyes:

Gets called out for a stupid hypothetical claim and then accuses opponents of being sensitive ...

Please, everybody, stop being so sensitive and just agree that Chris Simms has been right all along!

That didn't happen though lol

You seriously took it as an insult to Hurts and felt you had to defend him when it was the furthest thing from the truth. I even said in the damn post that Hurts was the guy. It wasn't some dig at Hurts yet you went on and are still going on about it :roll:

14 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I really didn't think you guys would be so sensitive about that remark

Welcome to my world! 

15 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Chiefs were the only team to eclipse 5k yards. They were pretty good.

Vikings, Chargers, Bucs, Dolphins, Bengals were the next teams by yardage; all made the playoffs. The Lions were next (followed by the Eagles), and the first non-playoff team. 

In 2021, 2 teams were over 5k, Bucs and Chargers; Cowboys and Chiefs had over 4900 yards, Rams next at 4893, followed by Raiders, Bengals, Cardinals, Packers, Bills. All those teams except the Chargers made the playoffs. 

So, your hypothesis is incorrect.  

Glad to see the Hurts thread is still salty 😂

Would you guys get your panties in a bunch if someone said Mahomes would set records in this offense?

Hurts is the franchise QB. You don't need to jump at every instance thinking you need to defend him when he wasn't insulted lol

3 hours ago, TorontoEagle said:

Chiefs were the only team to eclipse 5k yards. They were pretty good.

Vikings, Chargers, Bucs, Dolphins, Bengals were the next teams by yardage; all made the playoffs. The Lions were next (followed by the Eagles), and the first non-playoff team. 

In 2021, 2 teams were over 5k, Bucs and Chargers; Cowboys and Chiefs had over 4900 yards, Rams next at 4893, followed by Raiders, Bengals, Cardinals, Packers, Bills. All those teams except the Chargers made the playoffs. 

So, your hypothesis is incorrect.  

Is it? How many games in 2022 did the Chiefs trail in the 2nd half? I know they had a couple OT games including one vs the Texans. My hypothesis wasn't that the teams didn't win, but that they were in a lot of games where they needed to keep passing to win. 

22 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Is it? How many games in 2022 did the Chiefs trail in the 2nd half? I know they had a couple OT games including one vs the Texans. My hypothesis wasn't that the teams didn't win, but that they were in a lot of games where they needed to keep passing to win. 

So all those teams I listed, all making the playoffs (except for the 21 Chargers), were all usually trailing in games? That’s what you’re suggesting?

2 hours ago, TorontoEagle said:

So all those teams I listed, all making the playoffs (except for the 21 Chargers), were all usually trailing in games? That’s what you’re suggesting?

Feel free to look it up. 

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Feel free to look it up. 

I don’t have to, I’m able to infer things. You ought to prove your own hypothesis 

2 hours ago, TorontoEagle said:

I don’t have to, I’m able to infer things. You ought to prove your own hypothesis 

The Chiefs last year trailed at some point after halftime in 9 regular season games. 

AJ Brown extending to join up with Jalen. Kelce coming back to play with Jalen. BG coming back to play with Jalen. Veterans taking less money to come back and play with Jalen. Meanwhile some of y’all are still wishing that the Eagles had some off putting, me first, toxic quarterback out there who wants to live in a coffin for a month over this guy. 😂🤣😂

212D180C-64C2-48C3-A8FA-57F0F99F5446.jpeg

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

AJ Brown extending to join up with Jalen. Kelce coming back to play with Jalen. BG coming back to play with Jalen. Veterans taking less money to come back and play with Jalen. Meanwhile some of y’all are still wishing that the Eagles had some off putting, me first, toxic quarterback out there who wants to live in a coffin for a month over this guy. 😂🤣😂

212D180C-64C2-48C3-A8FA-57F0F99F5446.jpeg

Just goes to show the leader he is really doesn’t it! And the belief that most, if not all, those players have in him!

12 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Just goes to show the leader he is really doesn’t it! And the belief that most, if not all, those players have in him!

It’s going to be exciting to see how this all plays out over the next few years. As long as he stays healthy we are going to be in good shape.

Archived