Super Bowl LVII lead up: Chiefs vs Eagles February 12, 2023

VaBeach_Eagle

On 1/30/2023 at 10:28 AM, Birdman said:

Isn't it amazing how quickly the national media and opposing teams fans pivot and/or deflect when we hand their asses to them? 

We saw this earlier in the season when we trashed the Cowboys and exposed Cooper Rush. 

…and yet, we showed them, once again, last Sunday.  Destroyed the niners & exposed Brock Purdy & his winning streak! 

21 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Ditto. We've seen a few yrs ago what Mahomes looks like running for his life 

He was still making the throws. There were a lot of drops that game

On 2/1/2023 at 12:38 PM, West_Philly said:

They should be proud of their accomplishments. How many teams would have made it as far as they did on their 3rd string QB

They sold the farm to get McCaffrey . Now they got nothing left . 

1 hour ago, Uscg-green said:

Anyone going to the Flyers game for SB eve? Philly weekend.

Nah.  Opposite, I'm selling my tickets, though that game is on the 9th.  

25 minutes ago, Davidj77 said:

This doesn't include south jersey and Delaware. Also big Eagles territory. 

5 minutes ago, Eagles_ftw said:

Nah.  Opposite, I'm selling my tickets, though that game is on the 9th.  

Oh I was gonna ask you if I could buy them but I'm going the 11th. And I need three. 

Oh I wouldn't have been able to get tickets to that one to sell anyway, Xfinity gave 2 of em to me for free, it was pick a date with the options being the 6th, 9th, 12th, and 24th, no option for the 11th.  

My Christmas gift came in the mail today. Just got finished giving it a quick cold water soak and air dry to take the wrinkles out.

328574907_414950900830617_4030962983812687832_n.jpg

29 minutes ago, Eagles_ftw said:

My Christmas gift came in the mail today. Just got finished giving it a quick cold water soak and air dry to take the wrinkles out.

328574907_414950900830617_4030962983812687832_n.jpg

I'll autograph it for you

2 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

I like the Flyers of the East ! My team is the Flyers of the west The Kings . 

Patrick Mahomes led the league in passing yards.

The last QB to lead the league in passing yards and win the SB was ... Nobody! It has never happened.

Six of them got to the SB and all six lost. The last was 500+ Brady in LII.

5 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Said it a few yrs ago he's the Steph Curry of the NFL

He’s always reminded me of Steph Curry for some reason.

49 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

The last QB to lead the league in passing yards and win the SB was ... Nobody! It has never happened.

This stat scares me.

On 1/31/2023 at 1:52 PM, NOTW said:

Good Morning Football pointed out that people shouldn't think this is some revenge game for Andy Reid.  They parted ways with respect.  Lurie in his PC about firing Reid said he'll be back someday to be entered into the Eagles HOF.  People want drama, but Reid recommended Doug to the Eagles and they have a good relationship.

However, 

When Reid took over he fired Sirianni!  So it's Siri's revenge game!  :lol:

There’s that.  Coach Siri likes going to "stacked loaded” teams, so he doesn’t have to work that much ❤️

18 hours ago, KINGnabb said:

We had to live through Carson getting knocked out of a playoff game with a bad hit.  Nick having to play 5 Playoff games including the Super Bowl.   Josh Mccown having to play a playoff game.   These things happen.  I was so scared that we lost Jalen after Chicago.  Yes losing 4 QBs in one season is very rare but It seems they put all their chips in Purdy and had no other real backup plan if something happen to him.  I'm sorry the Kid got hurt but Reddick has been a beast all year. I know 49ers fans are disappointed but again don't' be mad at the Eagles playing good Defense.  Patrick is way more skillful than Purdy but even he will have be to aware of this Pass Rush......especially with his mobility issues because of the injury.  Just like Jalen is being cautious with his shoulder. I hope they realize they need a strong Veteran QB on that roster next year along with Purdy and Trey.   

Injuries happen all the time in football, it is a violent sport, that's why we love it. Let's be honest, who doesn't love one of those vicious hits by a linebacker that sends the ball carrier flying in the air and fumbles the ball?? Good teams prepare for those injuries, just like you said, they pushed all their chips in on Mr. Irrelevant and lost!

Another thing, their strength was their defense. I understand that they were on the field a long time due to the offense not being able to move the ball, but that's not an Eagle issue, that's a 49er issue. Get better at subbing players, don't snap the ball until there is 2-3 seconds on the clock, and use your TO's if on defense if needed. Their vaunted defense couldn't the Eagles even with Hurts not having a great day due to his shoulder and weather.

I was on leave from work up until this week because I had a total knee replacement and I got to watch a whole lot of ESPN, every morning I watched Get Up and First Take. I just want to say that they were all head over heels about how Mahomes played in the AFCCG. Both shows were none stop love fests for him, and mentioning the Eagles game and Hurts was almost a , oh yeah and the Eagles played too, kind of thing. Now that Brady has retired, maybe, all the gushing over QBs will land solely on Mahomes. Before you know it, he will be walking on water and raising the dead.

11 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Also because of the All Pro votes, he will probably win the regular season MVP over Jalen.  Kurt Warner was the last MVP to win the Super Bowl.   Remember when Tom Brady won the MVP before Super Bowl LII?     Look Patrick is an amazing QB.   Andy is an amazing Coach.   5 AFC Championship Games in a Row and 3 Super Bowls is nothing to sneeze at.   But this is like the sequel to Super Bowl LII.  The Chiefs are now in the Patriots role and though yes Vegas favors us slightly, it still feels like we are the Underdog again.   Also Patrick if I'm being honest, hasn't actually played his best in those Super Bowls.   He's had a lot of turnovers.

The First Super Bowl they were losing to Jimmy G and the 49ers all game until the last quarter.  And Brady and Tampa blew them out and he was running for his life all game.   I trust that our Defense and his Injury will slow him down.  I also believe Jalen and this Offense will be able to move the ball and exploit the Chiefs Defenses weaknesses.    Again both teams are very good but I feel we are slightly better.   I watched the Week 4 game of last year and for the most part we hung with them.   We are light years more improved from last season and more experienced.   I do expect Patrick to put up points but I think we will go point for point again.  

Patrick Mahomes Super Bowl Numbers:

556 Total Yards, 2 TDS and 4 INT's  (1-1)

Fn_3mQ_XoAEzyd1?format=jpg&name=240x240

9 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!

29 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

Also because of the All Pro votes, he will probably win the regular season MVP over Jalen.  Kurt Warner was the last MVP to win the Super Bowl.   Remember when Tom Brady won the MVP before Super Bowl LII?     Look Patrick is an amazing QB.   Andy is an amazing Coach.   5 AFC Championship Games in a Row and 3 Super Bowls is nothing to sneeze at.   But this is like the sequel to Super Bowl LII.  The Chiefs are now in the Patriots role and though yes Vegas favors us slightly, it still feels like we are the Underdog again.   Also Patrick if I'm being honest, hasn't actually played his best in those Super Bowls.   He's had a lot of turnovers.

The First Super Bowl they were losing to Jimmy G and the 49ers all game until the last quarter.  And Brady and Tampa blew them out and he was running for his life all game.   I trust that our Defense and his Injury will slow him down.  I also believe Jalen and this Offense will be able to move the ball and exploit the Chiefs Defenses weaknesses.    Again both teams are very good but I feel we are slightly better.   I watched the Week 4 game of last year and for the most part we hung with them.   We are light years more improved from last season.   I do expect Patrick to put up points but I think we will go point for point again.  

Patrick Mahomes Super Bowl Numbers:

556 Total Yards, 2 TDS and 4 INT's  (1-1)

It is pretty incredible that those are his #'s. Also, its weird to go back and watch Mahomes in the two superbowls. The third quarter of the Niners game, he was completely flustered and looked frantic. There was a INT that he threw when they were down 10 in the red zone which was absolutely crushing. It does speak to his mental toughness that he was able to come back from that. 

The Tampa super bowl game is one of 3 games in Mahomes career that were losses by more than one score. It actually triggered a series of meltdowns for Mahomes over the following 12 months as teams continued to play 2 high shells and Mahomes was fighting himself unable to figure it out (Tennessee and Buffalo were blow out losses last year). All of this culminated in the collapse at the end of the AFC championship game last year at the hands of Joe Burrow. Mahomes COMPLETELY melted down in that game. It was Rex Grossman level. Rumors of Mahomes and Bienemy having to be separated in the tunnel at half time. Patrick has never looked like that and it was genuinely concerning that Burrow had broke him mentally. 

Since that game, Mahomes has grown more than at any point in his career. The Bengals and Burrow became a giant psychological hurdle for the Chiefs. This is something that Eagles fans should understand. Beating the Bengals took an ENORMOUS amount of physical and mental energy for this Kansas City team. I am having a hard time believing this team will have much in the tank for the super bowl. Mahomes will be ready, he's better than he ever has been and more prepared but I don't think the rest of the team will be prepared for two consecutive challenges of that magnitude. 

The Eagles played a fairly low drama game versus the 49ers so I think they have a mental edge next week. 

19 minutes ago, boilertiger said:

It is pretty incredible that those are his #'s. Also, its weird to go back and watch Mahomes in the two superbowls. The third quarter of the Niners game, he was completely flustered and looked frantic. There was a INT that he threw when they were down 10 in the red zone which was absolutely crushing. It does speak to his mental toughness that he was able to come back from that. 

The Tampa super bowl game is one of 3 games in Mahomes career that were losses by more than one score. It actually triggered a series of meltdowns for Mahomes over the following 12 months as teams continued to play 2 high shells and Mahomes was fighting himself unable to figure it out (Tennessee and Buffalo were blow out losses last year). All of this culminated in the collapse at the end of the AFC championship game last year at the hands of Joe Burrow. Mahomes COMPLETELY melted down in that game. It was Rex Grossman level. Rumors of Mahomes and Bienemy having to be separated in the tunnel at half time. Patrick has never looked like that and it was genuinely concerning that Burrow had broke him mentally. 

Since that game, Mahomes has grown more than at any point in his career. The Bengals and Burrow became a giant psychological hurdle for the Chiefs. This is something that Eagles fans should understand. Beating the Bengals took an ENORMOUS amount of physical and mental energy for this Kansas City team. I am having a hard time believing this team will have much in the tank for the super bowl. Mahomes will be ready, he's better than he ever has been and more prepared but I don't think the rest of the team will be prepared for two consecutive challenges of that magnitude. 

The Eagles played a fairly low drama game versus the 49ers so I think they have a mental edge next week. 

Yeah him getting over Burrow definitely will help his confidence but it did take a lot of energy like you said.   The whole "Burrowhead" thing really got in their heads.  Everyone was talking about after the game including Travis.  They absolutely could not lose that game and fall 0-4 to Burrow.  All four games were nail biters too.   Just like with the GMen beating Minny (First playoff win in 11 years) or the Boys beating Brady (First road playoff win in 30 years).  Sometimes when you put all that energy into beating someone, that next game you come out a little flat.  The Eagles won in a blowout for both GMen and 49ers so it's not the same.  I'm very excited, I hope this is an Epic Game.  

11 hours ago, vaff said:

He’s always reminded me of Steph Curry for some reason.

Cuz both mixed  ? Lol … he kinda reminds me of sideshow Bob honestly. Dude needs a haircut 

50 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

Yeah him getting over Burrow definitely will help his confidence but it did take a lot of energy like you said.   The whole "Burrowhead" thing really got in their heads.  Everyone was talking about after the game including Travis.  They absolutely could not lose that game and fall 0-4 to Burrow.  All four games were nail biters too.   Just like with the GMen beating Minny (First playoff win in 11 years) or the Boys beating Brady (First road playoff win in 30 years).  Sometimes when you put all that energy into beating someone, that next game you come out a little flat.  The Eagles won in a blowout for both GMen and 49ers so it's not the same.  I'm very excited, I hope this is an Epic Game.  

An epic game means it's close and exciting. I want a dull blowout where the end of the 2nd half is just a waiting game until we get the Lombardi handed to us. Hopefully by another former division rival again. Imagine Emmitt Smith walking the Lombardi through the crowd to the stage. That'd be awesome.

That said, I don't expect a blowout.

13 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

An epic game means it's close and exciting. I want a dull blowout where the end of the 2nd half is just a waiting game until we get the Lombardi handed to us. Hopefully by another former division rival again. Imagine Emmitt Smith walking the Lombardi through the crowd to the stage. That'd be awesome.

That said, I don't expect a blowout.

The Eagles blowing out all 3 teams on the way to their 2nd Super Bowl Championship would be crazy (The 85 Bears did that and people have been comparing this team them).   But the Chiefs offense is way better than both GMen or 49ers.  Again I'm expecting either a close game (3 or 7 points) or Birds take it by 10-14 points.  Chiefs can score at will so we will have to match them point for point.   This is a team that can put up points in their sleep.  Patrick Injury will be the X Factor.   He looked ok in the AFC Championship but he was still moving much slower.    Plus he's had two weeks to heal. But he hasn't seen a pass rush like this all season long.  I'm not concerned about Jalen's shoulder as he's proven in two playoff games, if they have to change to a power running game, they can do that and only pass at a minimal level.   The Chiefs secondary can be exploited so I do want some more passing to AJ, Devonta etc.   But as I said in the season Blog.  If Jalen has 250 Yards, 1 Pass TD and 1 Rush TD but we rush for over 150 combined yards and we win by two scores, I'll be just fine.  

16 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

I'm going to the Sixers Knicks Game on the 10th. That Friday. 

Archived