GDT: Super Bowl LVII, Kansas City Chiefs vs Philadelphia Eagles, 2-12-23, 6:30 PM EST

EagleJoe8

25 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

My four takeaways:

- Jalen’s fumble for a TD

- The 4th quarter Chiefs punt return

- Lack of sacks/plays from Eagles Defense 

- Lack of Eagles running game.

These items are why the Iggles lost and will eat at me for a looooong time. Hell, the first two gave the Chiefs 14 points!! That is tough for any team to overcome.

It was still a close game and went to the wire. And we legitimately should have had a shot to tie it for OT or win the game. I think the Eagles would have won the game if they had got the ball back with over 1:30 and 1 TO. Refs robbed us of that opportunity.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Swoop said:

I've been told by several posters that this doesn't matter because we were up at halftime.

Of course it matters just like KC's missed FG matters.

5 hours ago, Chester Copperpot said:

Keep Gannon lose Steichen…next year is already looking grim.

Super Bowl losers!

Grim? 

Quite the opposite IMO. Schedule will be definitely be tougher, and we'll lose some key players on D, but that's the game. 

We have our franchise QB, best GM, a great HC and top 10 draft pick. 

Heres another one to fan the flames about the game being "fixed". Theres no explanation for why Devonta was completely wide open for that last bomb. The CB didnt slip. He wasnt fooled by some double move. It was like he just decided ok im not gonna guard u and let u run free down the field so u guys can score and make this a more dramatic game for ratings.

11 minutes ago, Birdman said:

Grim? 

Quite the opposite IMO. Schedule will be definitely be tougher, and we'll lose some key players on D, but that's the game. 

We have our franchise QB, best GM, a great HC and top 10 draft pick. 

A positive view. Need some more of that. Hopefully we get a beast of a DC in here and then it's on again. Wouldn't mind an OC that protects that QB a little more. The QB sneaks were cool and all when we have a budget QB but we won't be able to risk the franchise like that going forward. Pull it out when only absolutely necessary IMO. Only takes one head hunter to send Hurts out for weeks. Protect Hurts... going to need him upright in all of our games when we start putting lesser talent around him because of cap reasons.

9 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

Heres another one to fan the flames about the game being "fixed". Theres no explanation for why Devonta was completely wide open for that last bomb. The CB didnt slip. He wasnt fooled by some double move. It was like he just decided ok im not gonna guard u and let u run free down the field so u guys can score and make this a more dramatic game for ratings.

He was peaking into the back field at the QB and lost Smith. Watch his eyes on that play. He got caught peaking and got burned for it.

Eagles Chiefs to open NFL season most likely so that means starting off 0-1

4 minutes ago, judunno said:

He was peaking into the back field at the QB and lost Smith. Watch his eyes on that play. He got caught peaking and got burned for it.

Don't even bother with that troll

8 minutes ago, Swimm said:

The whole strength of the Eagles defense was negated by piss poor field conditions.. Almost like it was done purposely. 

The beast team didn't win yesterday. The best coached team won yesterday. KC made the right adjustments across the board from cleats, to halftime, to STs (Toney vs Siposs), you name it. They had to play mistake free football with their lesser talent and for the most part they did (at least on offense). Hats off to them.

10 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Just like in SB 52, in the 2nd half, our Defense didn’t make a play when needed. Well, in SB one play was made by BG.

I was hoping for that one play to steal a possession in the 2nd half. We didn't get it. Unfortunate. Game still was within their grasp though.

16 minutes ago, judunno said:

The beast team didn't win yesterday. The best coached team won yesterday. KC made the right adjustments across the board from cleats, to halftime, to STs (Toney vs Siposs), you name it. They had to play mistake free football with their lesser talent and for the most part they did (at least on offense). Hats off to them.

Cleats? The worlds most highly promoted game. the game of games... played... on an ice skating rink? A feild so bad, you put the best players in the world in danger, on national TV? It was either rigged for people's beloved sport betting ( a sloppy, slow feild affects the score-duh), or it was just a totally embarrassing travesty for all the world to see. The NFL, NBA and a lot of pro sports are corrupt to the core and broken. I remember when sports actually was good for people. It no longer means anything at all, except $$$$. 

26 minutes ago, Swimm said:

The whole strength of the Eagles defense was negated by piss poor field conditions.. Almost like it was done purposely. 

Sports betting- sloppy field= $$$$$$$$$$$. There is no shame in pro sports. As soon as they legalized gambling, pro sports became the WWE. It's in reality.... all rigged and not worth supporting.

6 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Cleats? The worlds most highly promoted game. the game of games... played... on an ice skating rink? A feild so bad, you put the best players in the world in danger, on national TV? It was either rigged for people's beloved sport betting ( a sloppy, slow feild affects the score-duh), or it was just a totally embarrassing travesty for all the world to see. The NFL, NBA and a lot of pro sports are corrupt to the core and broken. I remember when sports actually was good for people. It no longer means anything at all, except $$$$. 

FIFA is requiring many of the NFL stadiums to update to pure grass fields since that is a requirement for FIFA World Cup games. Shame the NFL can't think of the well-being of their players. That was indeed an embarrassment.

4 hours ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Well it was Reid. He was always set in his ways in Philly. I feel like he’s changed since going to KC. 

In KC Reid also has the best player in football. In Philly McNabb was never that high as a player and I wonder if he were even a top five quarterback other than his number. A guy like that makes up for Reid’s mistakes when a guy like McNabb exposes them. 

This was worst Eagles loss ever. I didn't think I would find a loss worse than Cowboys in Playoffs, but I just did: losing against Andy Reid in Super Bowl.

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

In KC Reid also has the best player in football. In Philly McNabb was never that high as a player and I wonder if he were even a top five quarterback other than his number. A guy like that makes up for Reid’s mistakes when a guy like McNabb exposes them. 

Andy Reid is a sorry arse coach. It took him getting an elite QB and facing against Jimmy G in one Super Bowl and sorry arse Jonathan Gannon in another one to win Super Bowls. I believe with a better coach, McNabb would have won at least one.

2 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

This was worst Eagles loss ever. I didn't think I would find a loss worse than Cowboys in Playoffs, but I just did: losing against Andy Reid in Super Bowl.

Andy Reid is a sorry arse coach. It took him getting an elite QB and facing against Jimmy G in one Super Bowl and sorry arse Jonathan Gannon in another one to win Super Bowls. I believe with a better coach, McNabb would have won at least one.

Coaches need great players to succeed. What has Belicheat done since Brady left? 

8 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

McNabb is garbage and the only reason he had a decent career was because of Reid. Reid is a great coach and many of his assistants are having success in the NFL. Can't say the same about Belichick's assistants.

Just now, judunno said:

A positive view. Need some more of that. Hopefully we get a beast of a DC in here and then it's on again. Wouldn't mind an OC that protects that QB a little more. The QB sneaks were cool and all when we have a budget QB but we won't be able to risk the franchise like that going forward. Pull it out when only absolutely necessary IMO. Only takes one head hunter to send Hurts out for weeks. Protect Hurts... going to need him upright in all of our games when we start putting lesser talent around him because of cap reasons.

Yeah man, that's just who I am, I try to remain objective and realistic, but never bought into the whole Negadelphian take. 

I was one of the select few that was high on Hurts when we drafted him and took constant grief for it last season. It's not so much about being right, as it about giving the kid and chance and watching his game mature over the course of the season. 

I really hope that Lane returns next season, I think that Kelce is done...good thing that we have Jurgens lined up to replace him. 

Our defense needs teeth, Gannon definitely doesn't have the killer instinct needed, and neither did Swartz 

I'm all in for a complete defensive rehaul. Hopefully we address CB, DT and S in the draft. 

42 minutes ago, judunno said:

Did you notice that the commentators said the Eagles went through multiple cleats while the Chiefs went through none? Do you remember the pile of replacement cleats they showed of the Eagles? Now why is it the Eagles didn’t realize that field would be bad when they already played their earlier in the season, but the Chiefs knew? Look I’m really not into a bunch of conspiracy theories, but either someone tipped Reid and the Chiefs off on that terrible field or Sirianni and the staff had some gross negligence. The Chiefs offensive players were literally stopping at one spot and going in a different direction while the defense just slid everywhere. 

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Coaches need great players to succeed. What has Belicheat done since Brady left? 

McNabb was good enough to win, Reid wasn't. Doug won with Wentz, who was hard to get along with, and won Super Bowl with a backup QB. Sirianni has made, so far, Hurts into a top 5 QB and went to a Super Bowl with a QB who was thought of a bad pick in draft. What's Reid's excuse? Reid had plenty of great players, whom he squandered away by choking against inferior teams Buccaneers, Panthers, and friggin' 9-7 Cardinals in NFCCG

6 minutes ago, Devaster said:

McNabb is garbage and the only reason he had a decent career was because of Reid. Reid is a great coach and many of his assistants are having success in the NFL. Can't say the same about Belichick's assistants.

A great coach who lost to many inferior teams like a John Skelton and Kevin Kolb led Cardinals. How was McNabb garbage when he made bad WRs look good?

Just now, gameshowfan91 said:

McNabb was good enough to win, Reid wasn't. Doug won with Wentz, who was hard to get along with, and won Super Bowl with a backup QB. Sirianni has made, so far, Hurts into a top 5 QB and went to a Super Bowl with a QB who was thought of a bad pick in draft. What's Reid's excuse? Reid had plenty of great players, whom he squandered away by choking against inferior teams Buccaneers, Panthers, and friggin' 9-7 Cardinals in NFCCG

A great coach who lost to many inferior teams like a John Skelton and Kevin Kolb led Cardinals. How was McNabb garbage when he made bad WRs look good?

Lol 😂 How is Reid not good enough to win when he won 2 Super Bowls without being saddles with McNabb? Also Doug didn’t win a Super Bowl with Wentz. In fact he never even won a playoff game with Wentz. Bad quarterback play makes good coaches look bad. Reid protected McNabb and puffed that dude up to look way better than he really was. Do you know what would have happened if Reid got McNabb a receiver like TO sooner? An implosion like what happened after they linked up sooner. McNabb’s fragile ego and lack for showing up when it mattered caused way more problems for the Eagles than Reid ever did. The Eagles made two big mistakes. They stayed too long with McNabb and they replaced him with someone worse in Kolb.

22 minutes ago, Devaster said:

You are an idiot if you think McNabb was garbage. The one year he wasn’t throwing to YMCA rejects he went to the SB with TO. 

Archived