GDT: Super Bowl LVII, Kansas City Chiefs vs Philadelphia Eagles, 2-12-23, 6:30 PM EST

EagleJoe8

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

The Eagles would not have walked away from Wentz. Wentz chose to walk away from the Eagles. In both cases the Eagles failed to pull the trigger and what’s worse is the replacement for Wentz actually won in the playoffs. With that being the case the Wentz situation just shows why they should’ve been looking to replace McNabb. Brady replaced Bledsoe who was a really good quarterback. The Chargers had Brees and still drafted Rivers. Reid should’ve replaced McNabb much sooner than he did.

You have to have a better replacement in place though. The Eagles didn't. They missed on Kolb.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, judunno said:

Some coaches haven't evolved with the game. Not sure what you are implying. Some times the game moves past these DCs and they don't adjust. Some move on to have a little success some don't.

I’m implying that everyone keeps crying about firing defense coaches here, yet are failing to realize how similar the style of play is regardless. Perhaps it’s not the coaches that’s the problem. 

Just now, judunno said:

You have to have a better replacement in place though. The Eagles didn't. They missed on Kolb.

I agree. They waited too long to replace McNabb and definitely chose the wrong guy to do it. @gameshowfan91 he’s trying to say Reid was the problem though, and I don’t buy that. It was McNabb. 

I’m implying that everyone keeps crying about firing defense coaches here, yet are failing to realize how similar the style of play is regardless. Perhaps it’s not the coaches that’s the problem. 

If you're implying that they had similar bend but don't break philosophies... that goes all the way back to Jimmy Johnson.

3 minutes ago, judunno said:

McNabb was good enough to win a chip. They won plenty in the playoffs with him under center. They just failed to win the big one. I've seen lesser QBs win Super Bowls especially in that era. As time went on not many teams were beating Brady and Belicheat period. The Eagles benefited from a weak NFC east during his tenure. They just didn't close the deal. That's not all on McNabb though. I think many didn't like his personality and some how equate that to him being a bad player. Remove the emotion and you see a QB that was good enough.

I don’t think McNabb was good enough to win the  hip, because he didn’t win one. On top of that he let Eli sneak in there and win two against the same Patriots that you’re saying it’s not McNabb’s fault he wasn’t he didn’t beat them because they were too good to beat. 😂 Eli beat the the undefeated Patriots. The biggest play McNabb made in the playoffs was 4th and 26. Even after that the drive stalled and they were forced to kick a field goal. If it weren’t for Dawkins picking off Favre we probably lose that game. McNabb was not good enough to win it. He showed us over and over again that fact. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

I agree. They waited too long to replace McNabb and definitely chose the wrong guy to do it. @gameshowfan91 he’s trying to say Reid was the problem though, and I don’t buy that. It was McNabb. 

Reid was certainly part of the problem. his style changed in kc. he evolved... how? he started really running the ball where as in the past he went pass happy when under duress. You have to acknowledge Reid's change in approach. He's the guy that we were asking for when he was here. Can be more balanced when needed to win the game even when he has a GOAT at QB. There were times when that man was 80/20 passing lol. And that's with McNabb who many of you feel wasn't a good passer.

2 hours ago, Devaster said:

Eagles were letting them run in for a TD since that was the only chance to get the ball back. The Chiefs player smartly gave himself up.

Do you really think we could have stopped them from scoring a TD if they had wanted to score a TD? If they needed 7 points to win, they would have scored a TD and only someone in denial can't see that!

I don’t think McNabb was good enough to win the  hip, because he didn’t win one. On top of that he let Eli sneak in there and win two against the same Patriots that you’re saying it’s not McNabb’s fault he wasn’t he didn’t beat them because they were too good to beat. 😂 Eli beat the the undefeated Patriots. The biggest play McNabb made in the playoffs was 4th and 26. Even after that the drive stalled and they were forced to kick a field goal. If it weren’t for Dawkins picking off Favre we probably lose that game. McNabb was not good enough to win it. He showed us over and over again that fact. 

Eli didnt beat them alone... .he had some significant help from his defense and some spectacular plays and an asante samuels game ending dropped pick.

Just now, judunno said:

Eli didnt beat them alone... .he had some significant help from his defense and some spectacular plays and an asante samuels game ending dropped pick.

Not saying Eli did it alone (twice) rather he did it when McNabb didn’t and you could argue McNabb had better teams than Eli did. 

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The problem before was that the offense was never really that good, so the defense had to carry the team. This team is different in that it's offense is probably its strength, but the defense can also do its thing too.  For them to not get any pressure at all, and allow Mahomes to throw/run as he pleased was just pathetic. Again, I'm not really a conspiracy theorist lol, but I can see why people think the NFL is rigged. Especially with the late flag at the end, the dramatics of Kermit's injury, yet he outruns our defense for a huge 1st down at the end. How many times do we need to see a team like KC win on a bogus flag at the end before you're done with it all?

Anyway, I really thought we'd win, but I'm not too upset with the loss. It's just disappointing more than anything.

3 minutes ago, judunno said:

Reid was certainly part of the problem. his style changed in kc. he evolved... how? he started really running the ball where as in the past he went pass happy when under duress. You have to acknowledge Reid's change in approach. He's the guy that we were asking for when he was here. Can be more balanced when needed to win the game even when he has a GOAT at QB. There were times when that man was 80/20 passing lol. And that's with McNabb who many of you feel wasn't a good passer.

Yeah didn’t Reid go to like five consecutive conference championships with both teams though? You know where he really changed? He had a quarterback in Alex Smith who he was winning with but still went up to draft Mahomes. Should’ve did the same thing when he had McNabb. 

4 minutes ago, judunno said:

The only thing that changed is Reid now has a much better QB and overall better players. That's it. 

1 minute ago, MF POON said:

The problem before was that the offense was never really that good, so the defense had to carry the team. This team is different in that it's offense is probably its strength, but the defense can also do its thing too.  For them to not get any pressure at all, and allow Mahomes to throw/run as he pleased was just pathetic. Again, I'm not really a conspiracy theorist lol, but I can see why people think the NFL is rigged. Especially with the late flag at the end, the dramatics of Kermit's injury, yet he outruns our defense for a huge 1st down at the end. How many times do we need to see a team like KC win on a bogus flag at the end before you're done with it all?

Anyway, I really thought we'd win, but I'm not too upset with the loss. It's just disappointing more than anything.

Looking past the game and just noticing how we keep saying the same stuff since JJ passed and to me it feels like this bend don’t break philosophy is how the Eagles want to play defense. They believe analytically it’s the most effective way and look it got them to the SB so I doubt things change with the next guy. Dollars to doughnuts people will be screaming that the next DC plays more pressure. Just watch.

2 minutes ago, MF POON said:

The only thing that changed is Reid now has a much better QB and overall better players. That's it. 

Agreed. Reid hasn’t changed. He now has an elite player who makes up for his mistakes when the other guy he had magnified them. 

Look last night this defense came up against a good IOL and a really really good QB. And ultimately they didn't get pressure and when you don't do that vs Mahomes you are in trouble. I'm not going to slam the defense entirely for the loss as there were other factors but the lack of pressure was one of the biggest reasons. 

3 minutes ago, MF POON said:

Hell no... this man runs the ball with consistency now. He ran the ball with a 7th round rookie all over us. Let that one sink in.

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Agreed. Reid hasn’t changed. He now has an elite player who makes up for his mistakes when the other guy he had magnified them. 

Have you paid attention to how Reid calls games? Especially in the big games? He's absolutely a changed man.

8 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah didn’t Reid go to like five consecutive conference championships with both teams though? You know where he really changed? He had a quarterback in Alex Smith who he was winning with but still went up to draft Mahomes. Should’ve did the same thing when he had McNabb. 

Revisionist history or something. Alex Smith wasn't his guy. Every coach wants HIS guy.

2 minutes ago, judunno said:

Have you paid attention to how Reid calls games? Especially in the big games? He's absolutely a changed man.

How? He was doing shovel passes and trick players when he was here. Are you paying attention to how much better Mahomes is compared to McNabb and every other quarterback he’s had as a head coach? I mean people are talking about he’s running the ball more meanwhile his quarterback is throwing over 5k almost annually. 😂

1 minute ago, judunno said:

Revisionist history or something. Alex Smith wasn't his guy. Every coach wants HIS guy.

Reid won with that guy, but he knew he needed to upgrade. 

26 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The Eagles would not have walked away from Wentz. Wentz chose to walk away from the Eagles. In both cases the Eagles failed to pull the trigger and what’s worse is the replacement for Wentz actually won in the playoffs. With that being the case the Wentz situation just shows why they should’ve been looking to replace McNabb. Brady replaced Bledsoe who was a really good quarterback. The Chargers had Brees and still drafted Rivers. Reid should’ve replaced McNabb much sooner than he did.

Eagles still could have said no to Wentz to trade him, but they traded him. It was still ultimately Eagles decision.

23 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Reid didn't get him better receivers until TO. Did anyone really think Hurts would be this good, let alone be a good enough replacement for Wentz?

12 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

This is yet another thing that hurts about Andy Reid. He seems to be able to do everything right with Chiefs yet couldn't do anything right with Eagles. All reasons mentioned is why he belongs in Eagles Hall of Infamy, not Ring of Honor. Ban this fat walrus from Eagles.  I hope Lurie pulls a Jerry Jones on Andy Reid. 

11 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Not saying Eli did it alone (twice) rather he did it when McNabb didn’t and you could argue McNabb had better teams than Eli did. 

Eli had some of the greatest circumstances happen in big games that I've ever seen. He literally threw the ball up to Jesus several times and his guys magically came down with it. You have to have some good fortune at times but Eli had the best rabbits foot ever made or something. He to me was one of those good enough guys and some how didn't have critical mistakes happen in big games. That's the difference in Super Bowl wins typically. Eli wasn't one of those great elite QBs. Just happened to make a few plays when it really mattered and his defense and coaching staff has some great plans.

Another one for the record books. No other team has ever scored 35+ points and lost a Superbowl. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

How? He was doing shovel passes and trick players when he was here. Are you paying attention to how much better Mahomes is compared to McNabb and every other quarterback he’s had as a head coach? I mean people are talking about he’s running the ball more meanwhile his quarterback is throwing over 5k almost annually. 😂

There's no debate that Mahomes is great. What you're not acknowledging is that Reid isn't the same coach that he was when he was in Philly. Give that man his due. He changed with the league and evolved.

1 minute ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Eagles still could have said no to Wentz to trade him, but they traded him. It was still ultimately Eagles decision.

Reid didn't get him better receivers until TO. Did anyone really think Hurts would be this good, let alone be a good enough replacement for Wentz?

This is yet another thing that hurts about Andy Reid. He seems to be able to do everything right with Chiefs yet couldn't do anything right with Eagles. All reasons mentioned is why he belongs in Eagles hall of infamy, not Ring of Honor. Ban this fat walrus from Eagles.  I hope Lurie pulls a Jerry Jones on Andy Reid.

Reid turned this organization into contenders after being a joke for years. He turned the Chiefs around soon after as well. He went to the Super Bowl with two different organizations as a head coach, what other coach can say that? 

Archived