DCU Thread

BFit

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Mr Bean. Absolutely freaking brilliant. 

That’s Blackadder.

I thought the Snyder cut was significantly better than whatever the hell Whedon and the executives put out. This actually felt like a coherent story and it was a major improvement for the characters, most notably cyborg, the flash, and Steppenwolf. That said it still had a number of just weird flaws. The random chanting anytime Wonder Woman did anything, some really disjointed music choices, the fact that the Atlantians and Amazon’s do nothing after the boxes are taken,  the plethora of post action and dream sequences setting up movies that are unlikely to happen. Also, Aquaman’s change of motivation still makes little sense. And WTF was Martian Manhunter doing all film? 

Still enjoyable. It went from just a train wreck of a movie to a solid comic book film for me.

• Like 3

On 3/26/2021 at 10:36 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well it is a marvel producer making it

You know he’s Zacks protege right?

1 minute ago, homerpat said:

You know he’s Zacks protege right?

Gunn wrote the script for dawn of the dead and 4 movies before that and Zack directed it his first major movie he directed.... That is literally the only movie they worked on together and that movie also sucked ass . So what is your point? 

21 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Gunn wrote the script for dawn of the dead and 4 movies before that and Zack directed it his first major movie he directed.... That is literally the only movie they worked on together and that movie also sucked ass . So what is your point? 

saying dawn of the dead sucks ass removes you from me giving any crap on what you have to say. That movie is one of best horror movies of last 40 years

• Sad 1

Zach Snyder can at best make a solid B+. Those are Dawn of the Dead and 300. Not tent poles. MoS was a B. BvS was a B-, which makes it a fail. The trinity on screen for the first time should have been like kissing God with a mouthful of Scotch. It wasn’t. His cut of JL was a C+ at best. 

The problem is that the style of filmmaking that works for Marvel doesn’t translate to DC. So when Whedon came in to try and Avengerize the JL it turned into a huge pile of ish. The only scenes similar between the movies were the fight scenes. Outside of that it was a whole different movie. Still bad, because Snyder doesn’t have the skills to kill a tentpole. 

I’m re-watching Batman Begins now. It’s amazing how much of a better movie it is than anything marvel put out. When DC is on, it’s Fing on. When Marvel is on, you can still tell it’s a Disney production.

WB needs to remember that they’re the studio that made Casa-Fing-Blanca. They need to stop Fing around and make a Fing movie. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I thought the Snyder cut was significantly better than whatever the hell Whedon and the executives put out. This actually felt like a coherent story and it was a major improvement for the characters, most notably cyborg, the flash, and Steppenwolf. That said it still had a number of just weird flaws. The random chanting anytime Wonder Woman did anything, some really disjointed music choices, the fact that the Atlantians and Amazon’s do nothing after the boxes are taken,  the plethora of post action and dream sequences setting up movies that are unlikely to happen. Also, Aquaman’s change of motivation still makes little sense. And WTF was Martian Manhunter doing all film? 

Still enjoyable. It went from just a train wreck of a movie to a solid comic book film for me.

Spot on.

i didnt see the new cut yet, but i am wondering, now that darkseid has made his appearance, who would the next super villain be that the JL faces ? vandal savage maybe ? the injustice league ? 

again, not sure if there were any hits given in the new cut. just thinking ahead. 

legion of doom is if there's a snarky god. 

1 minute ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

legion of doom is if there's a snarky god. 

that would be awesome too eventually, but have they really introduced enough of the villains to do so at this point, so it isnt another disjointed movie that tries to tell too much in too little time ?  

59 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i didnt see the new cut yet, but i am wondering, now that darkseid has made his appearance, who would the next super villain be that the JL faces ? vandal savage maybe ? the injustice league ? 

again, not sure if there were any hits given in the new cut. just thinking ahead. 

As of right now? No one, Snyder dropped out of justice league 2 and a few of the actors also dropped out. They basically have to reboot again. They are the suck

5 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

From what I gathered, darkseid would be the villain of the first 3 JL movies, then the legion of doom would come about.

Well the DCEU isn't doing well at the moment.

• WW84 got terrible reviews, whereas WW1 was very well received
  • Suicide Squad and Birds of Prey were awful, they are already rebooting SS with Marvel director and actors
  • Their rush to JL was so bad, they had to redo it a few years later and put it on streaming.  From an F to a C at least but should've been an A.
  • They have once again changed the actor playing Batman and redoing a solo movie with the Twilight kid

They need to do some solo movies for a bit and build up to JL storylines.  Forget what Marvel is doing.  Just do what you want and do it well.

23 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Spot on, nailed it.

53 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Just do what you want and do it well.

they are....they continue to Fup the movie experience to video game movie levels.

so i noticed zack snyder's JL is broken into four parts. i watched part one last night and it's already a better movie by far. ill be watching part 2 tonight and finish it tmrrw. 

everything about the DC cinema universe couldve been so much better. i mean the animated series/movies for the most part are awesome. hell, even the tv shows are much better.  

4 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

so i noticed zack snyder's JL is broken into four parts. i watched part one last night and it's already a better movie by far. ill be watching part 2 tonight and finish it tmrrw. 

everything about the DC cinema universe couldve been so much better. i mean the animated series/movies for the most part are awesome. hell, even the tv shows are much better.  

And they would of pulled it off if it weren't for those meddling kids!! 

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

And they would of pulled it off if it weren't for those meddling kids!! 

Mr. Greenlantern!!!

21 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

so i noticed zack snyder's JL is broken into four parts.

ok, so its def more than just 4 parts. lol 

5 hours ago, NOTW said:

Looks fun but, still could be a mess

16 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Looks fun but, still could be a mess

If Gunn can’t fix this ish, WB needs to just call it a day and scrap everything. 

Have very high hopes for suicide squad. was so disappointed with the choices they made in first one