DCU Thread

BFit

12 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

You clearly haven't seen many movies if you think that could be the worse movie ever

Why do you get so butt hurt if someone really dislikes a DC movie? You seem to take it personal as if you wrote or directed this crap.

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

image.png.6cee27e72ac8da2a1b835dccf9fd83c2.png

image.png.ab0f9dedaf861064fc18701afe9ed244.png

But it's with Green Lantern :rolleyes:

GL was a better movie than WW1984. And GL really sucked as well.

11 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

image.png.6cee27e72ac8da2a1b835dccf9fd83c2.png

image.png.ab0f9dedaf861064fc18701afe9ed244.png

But it's with Green Lantern :rolleyes:

my opinion, didn't vote there. GL has also had 9 extra years for people to realize how **** it is. 

People are allowed to have opinions you disagree with.  :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

People are allowed to have opinions you disagree with.  :lol:

Imaging being confused someone doesn't like a movie you like? 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

my opinion, didn't vote there. GL has also had 9 extra years for people to realize how **** it is. 

People also talk about the RT scores that fanboys of certain franchises go in to give movies good scores even if they're not good.  I recall that happening with Batman v Superman.  I was reading the audience scores of that movie and the rating was high, then I would read their comments and they were admitting the things they didn't like about it but they wanted to give it a high score.  It's not the end all be all, there are bad movies that have high scores and vice versa.

Only place I interact with that hates the movies :rolleyes:

I don't care that any of you hate the movie but don't know why you post in a thread about movies you hate

I'll just ignore

WW84 was criticized a lot on social media.  I saw the "hate" all over their trailer social media posts.  There are also terrible reviews posted by the usual critics, a few examples below.

We interact here about all sorts of movies and TV shows.  I like some DC movies, others I don't.  It's a discussion forum, people will ya know, discuss.

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/wonder-woman-1984-2020

But what’s also disappointing about the "WW84” screenplay is that it feels like it belongs to a movie that actually came out in the ‘80s. Its plot-driving device would be right at home in a high-concept comedy: an ancient stone that immediately grants you whatever you wish for, resulting in both wacky hijinks and massive catastrophes. It’s a banal notion along the lines of "Weird Science” and "Zapped!,” a cautionary tale in which fantasy fulfillment ultimately doesn’t deliver the satisfaction its characters expect.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/04/wonder-woman-1984-2020-patty-jenkins

Wonder Woman 1984 is a smug, dishonest let-down.  ...the fact it’s so bad isn’t only disappointing but enraging. It’s not merely that the script is terrible and that in the first half of the movie, after an encouraging opening scene, hours seem to go by in which nothing happens. 

https://jamesjguild.com/blog/2020/12/17/wonder-woman-1984-is-really-long-and-very-bad

Wonder Woman 1984 is Really Long and Very Bad

I think at this point Warner Bros has proved they do not know what they are doing with these films. Joker was masterful, but they keep putting out bombs like Suicide Squad and Birds of Prey and now the one character who had a good film going for her was not done justice in this bloated, confusing and rather boring sequel. The really remarkable thing is they keep making the same mistakes, overstuffing these films and not spending the time to get the details right. 

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

I don't care that any of you hate the movie but don't know why you post in a thread about movies you hate

I'll just ignore

did the DCEU butcher the concept of a forum also ?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I'll just ignore

I think you may be the only person I ever interacted with that didn't think WW84 wasn't an absolutely terrible movie. And yes, I realize this post is going to confuse the hell out of you.

Man of Steel and the first WW may be the only 2 DCEU movies that I thought were any good to be honest.

image.thumb.png.3cc7b6a4486dcef07e36f27a67d11cfd.png

I see what you 2 did there.  :roll:

• Haha 2

I really like the dceu, especially the Snyder stuff that didn't get butchered by the studio. Having said that, ww84 was a steaming pile of garbage dumped on a tire fire :roll:

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, BFit said:

I really like the dceu, especially the Snyder stuff that didn't get butchered by the studio. Having said that, ww84 was a steaming pile of garbage dumped on a tire fire :roll:

@Mike030270, after reading this post.

tenor (32).gif

• Haha 3

thought: would it help, mikey, if all us haters changed our names to super villain names in here and you get to be the defender of WW84 City ?

While you fight for truth and misguided justice, we would (periodically) come up with nefarious plans to undermine your opinions?

ie. I could be

t7X1p03.jpg

5 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Ignore list you go

Now wonder you never find anyone who dislikes the movies you like. You ignore them all lol.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

Now wonder you never find anyone who dislikes the movies you like. You ignore them all lol.

Imagine being put on ignore for not liking a movie lol

• Haha 1

What the heck is going on.  Telling someone that a movie that does blow blows gets you on ignore.  

Breaking news, THAT MOVIE BLOWS, IMMENSELY.

36 minutes ago, downundermike said:

What the heck is going on.  Telling someone that a movie that does blow blows gets you on ignore.  

Who said that?

I'm putting all of Australia on ignore.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

You are only allowed to talk about a DC movie in here if you like it. However, if you don't like other movies you can talk about that in those threads.... #DCofflimits

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Imagine being put on ignore for not liking a movie lol

:roll:

• Haha 2

If he puts everyone who disliked WW84 on ignore, he will end up being in this thread all alone posting and replying to himself after a few days.

Uh oh, Mike you might want to skip this one.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

Uh oh, Mike you might want to skip this one.

it's not the 84th trailer, we're cool.