DCU Thread

BFit

Just now, Dwide Schrude said:

Yikes bad. Like I have lost all interest in seeing the movie now

Then I definitely have no interest because I've not seen any of those leaks and I want nothing to do with this movie. 

16 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I read some potential plot leaks for Flash movie this year and if it’s true…..yikes

Only one I've seen is this one and I doubt its authenticity because it doesn't have one of those blue checkmarks

Spoiler

• 4 weeks later...

Sitting through trailers for moonfall. Saw a lengthier, new to me trailer for the Batman. Looks more gritty and brutal than even the other stuff that’s come out. 

where Snyder likes to slow down fight choreography, this looks like a someone is speeding it up. 

On 2/10/2022 at 11:01 AM, NOTW said:

I can't wait for this!!!! has a very Joker kind of feel which is perfect.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 12:01 PM, NOTW said:

I am way to excited for this.... I hope it doesn't let me down. 

• Like 1

As Bruce Wayne, he looks like he’s channeling Crispen Glover. I’ll reserve judgment on the movie though.

On 2/12/2022 at 6:19 PM, The_Omega said:

As Bruce Wayne, he looks like he’s channeling Crispen Glover. I’ll reserve judgment on the movie though.

Let's just hope he doesn't have sparkly diamond skin.  Bale played Bruce Wayne well to act like he was just a playboy having fun or being ignorant of what was really going on to make for a better cover.

I would have actually liked this darker serial killer vibe with the Riddler with Ben Affleck's Batman staying in the DCEU. 

8 hours ago, NOTW said:

would have actually liked this darker serial killer vibe with the Riddler with Ben Affleck's Batman staying in the DCEU

Maybe if Snyder didn't eff everything up so bad that it caused Affleck to relapse we could have had that! 

14 hours ago, homerpat said:

Peacemaker is Fing amazing. I love it. Best intro to any show ever. 

I tried watching through 4 episodes, it's just "meh" for me.  I like Cena but not any of the other characters and the plot hasn't really grabbed me.

I guess Amazon's The Boys and Deadpool, Kick-Ass and some cartoons have already done the R rated quirky stuff already so it just feels copycat.  

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

I tried watching through 4 episodes, it's just "meh" for me.  I like Cena but not any of the other characters and the plot hasn't really grabbed me.

I guess Amazon's The Boys and Deadpool, Kick-Ass and some cartoons have already done the R rated quirky stuff already so it just feels copycat.  

I couldn't finish the first episode.

I’ve been digging Peacemaker, and the last few episodes have gotten better and better. Can’t wait for the finale.

• Like 2

If I still did things like going out for Halloween to bars, id 100% be dressing up as peacemaker and playing wig wam every 10 minutes :lol:

ive had hair nation on on my xm radio in my truck for the past 2 weeks

• Haha 2

On 2/14/2022 at 9:46 PM, homerpat said:

Peacemaker is Fing amazing. I love it. Best intro to any show ever. 

That intro is the best dude. Really enjoy the show

• Like 2

On 2/24/2022 at 12:42 PM, NOTW said:

I'm more psyched for this than I was for Batman Begins. This cast is amazing, and I think Pattinson is gonna kill it. I'm expecting "best" Batman and "worst" Bruce Wayne from the reviews I've read. But Farrell, Serkis, Turturro, Saarsgard, Wright, etc...there are some top notch actors in here. The cinematography looks amazing as well.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I'm more psyched for this than I was for Batman Begins. This cast is amazing, and I think Pattinson is gonna kill it. I'm expecting "best" Batman and "worst" Bruce Wayne from the reviews I've read. But Farrell, Serkis, Turturro, Saarsgard, Wright, etc...there are some top notch actors in here. The cinematography looks amazing as well.

I've been wanting a psychological thriller, serial killer type Batman movie that is truly dark and almost R rated (or R rated) for a long time.  I thought the 3rd Nolan film should have done this with the Riddler as a serial killer and Batman can't stop him with his strength, fighting or gadgets but he had to use his mind and detective strategies.

I agree on the great supporting cast they've collected.  I really like Jeffrey Wright in a lot of things I've seen him in.  Serkis I think it's a little over exposed, I'm sure he'll do fine in the role I'm just thinking of how he hams it up when he's not doing motion capture.

I don't worry about judging actors on roles they did as teens anymore.  We've seen many examples of actors getting roles and fan reaction is based on something silly they did before, or teen rom-coms or whatever.  A lot of times they have to take what they can get to get acting credentials, become famous and then be able to select better roles that suit them.  I know Pattinson has done some dramatic work after the Twilight series.  When you think about it, brooding vampire to brooding Batman makes a lot of sense.  Good actors become the role they're supposed to play and can do very different types of roles.  Leonardo DiCaprio went from doing movies like Titanic, The Beach and Romeo & Juliet but also had The Basketball Diaries and What's Eating Gilbert Grape that showed range and seriousness.  Then went on to a lot of great roles as an adult.    I think the concern about Pattinson is also based on the visuals of him with black eye makeup looking emo.  For all we know it's part of the costume to make his eyes look more intimidating, or it could even be something practical like it rubs off from the mask he wears.  

I'm interested in this and a friend and I already plan to see it opening weekend, looking forward to it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

I've been wanting a psychological thriller, serial killer type Batman movie that is truly dark and almost R rated (or R rated) for a long time.  I thought the 3rd Nolan film should have done this with the Riddler as a serial killer and Batman can't stop him with his strength, fighting or gadgets but he had to use his mind and detective strategies.

I agree on the great supporting cast they've collected.  I really like Jeffrey Wright in a lot of things I've seen him in.  Serkis I think it's a little over exposed, I'm sure he'll do fine in the role I'm just thinking of how he hams it up when he's not doing motion capture.

I don't worry about judging actors on roles they did as teens anymore.  We've seen many examples of actors getting roles and fan reaction is based on something silly they did before, or teen rom-coms or whatever.  A lot of times they have to take what they can get to get acting credentials, become famous and then be able to select better roles that suit them.  I know Pattinson has done some dramatic work after the Twilight series.  When you think about it, brooding vampire to brooding Batman makes a lot of sense.  Good actors become the role they're supposed to play and can do very different types of roles.  Leonardo DiCaprio went from doing movies like Titanic, The Beach and Romeo & Juliet but also had The Basketball Diaries and What's Eating Gilbert Grape that showed range and seriousness.  Then went on to a lot of great roles as an adult.    I think the concern about Pattinson is also based on the visuals of him with black eye makeup looking emo.  For all we know it's part of the costume to make his eyes look more intimidating, or it could even be something practical like it rubs off from the mask he wears.  

I'm interested in this and a friend and I already plan to see it opening weekend, looking forward to it.

In regards to eye black...it's always been a part of movie Batmen. But magically when they take the cowl off...it's gone! I think this is a much more realistic take. All his gadgets look homemade, the Batmobile, etc. So it makes sense that when wearing eyeblack, it doesn't just magically disappear with your mask.

I'm seeing it this weekend as well, in IMAX.  Psyched.

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

I think the concern about Pattinson is also based on the visuals of him with black eye makeup looking emo.  For all we know it's part of the costume to make his eyes look more intimidating, or it could even be something practical like it rubs off from the mask he wears

Like @Outlaw said I think it's just from after taking off his cowl or something like that. I've watched all the trailers about 10x each lol. Some scenes he has it and others he doesn't. Looks like the ones where he is actually playing as Bruce I don't see the eye make up.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

In regards to eye black...it's always been a part of movie Batmen. But magically when they take the cowl off...it's gone! I think this is a much more realistic take. All his gadgets look homemade, the Batmobile, etc. So it makes sense that when wearing eyeblack, it doesn't just magically disappear with your mask.

I'm seeing it this weekend as well, in IMAX.  Psyched.

That video I shared above goes into that, it's part trailer part behind the scenes.  Pattinson says just that, Bruce makes all this stuff himself.  Nolan's movies had Fox make everything for him which I think worked well in that dynamic.  This is a different take of a DIY method.  

I don't know if this is the type of movie that shows too much in the trailers and doesn't leave enough, or if there will be plenty of surprises but I hope so.