DCU Thread

BFit

26 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Friend of mine texted me to tell me that this was visually one of the "greatest movies he’s ever seen” and that this should be nominated for Best Cinematography ala Fury Road. Accurate or is he delirious from the three hour run time?

Hmm, I'd have to think about it. I don't know if I could give a fair assessment on that since I was probably also delirious lol. I tell you what though, there was some really nice camera angles and some stuff I don't think I've ever really noticed in other movies. 

There was a scene towards the end I felt like Batman was looking at me!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Friend of mine texted me to tell me that this was visually one of the "greatest movies he’s ever seen” and that this should be nominated for Best Cinematography ala Fury Road. Accurate or is he delirious from the three hour run time?

It has good cinematography, score and sound effects. See it in theater for full effect. There are stylish noir type shots I loved. It had a very dark gritty look but also had some beautiful shots. 

I don't know if I'd go as far as your friend. 

But dude stop asking and worrying, just go see it you'll like it. B-)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

It has good cinematography, score and sound effects. See it in theater for full effect. There are stylish noir type shots I loved. It had a very dark gritty look but also had some beautiful shots. 

I don't know if I'd go as far as your friend. 

But dude stop asking and worrying, just go see it you'll like it. B-)

I have to wait until Sunday…Family reunion tomorrow. Like I haven’t seen most of you in two years. I survived. :lol:

• Haha 1

I enjoyed the movie. There was one line Batman has when talking to the riddler that I can’t remember now, but in the moment it felt like an identical line from one of Bale’s films and many lines in that scene sounded identical to Bale’s Batman. 

I know bales Batman voice has been critiqued by countless people in all walks of life over the years, so curious if anyone noticed/felt the same thing there. 

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

I enjoyed the movie. There was one line Batman has when talking to the riddler that I can’t remember now, but in the moment it felt like an identical line from one of Bale’s films and many lines in that scene sounded identical to Bale’s Batman. 

I know bales Batman voice has been critiqued by countless people in all walks of life over the years, so curious if anyone noticed/felt the same thing there. 

Kind of felt the opposite in that I was relieved he didn’t have a ridiculous Batman voice like Bale

5 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Nope, because I hated Bales Batmans voice with a passion and one of the reasons I think he is the worse Batman. Patterson  limited his talking while being Batman with one liners like Keaton. I thought this was more Burton then Nolan. 

• Like 1

I was a big fan of the Snyder verse. Having said that and after watching this movie, they should cast the Snyder verse into the sun. This is the Batman we need. This is the universe we need. I know reeves has said he's not doing a superman in his universe, but he needs to change his mind. This movie was so good that about an hour into I was already excited for it to come out on digital so I could watch it 6 more times :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BFit said:

I was a big fan of the Snyder verse. Having said that and after watching this movie, they should cast the Snyder verse into the sun. This is the Batman we need. This is the universe we need. I know reeves has said he's not doing a superman in his universe, but he needs to change his mind. This movie was so good that about an hour into I was already excited for it to come out on digital so I could watch it 6 more times :lol:

I always miss so much stuff the first time seeing a movie like that in the theater. Especially 3 hr long movies lol.

I found myself zoning out a few times looking for Easter eggs and comparing certain aspects of the movie to previous Batman movies. First day purchase for me on digital. Possibly even a physical copy just to display. 

I wonder if you know who at the end is going to play you know who, he looked like the animated version of you know who lol. 

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I always miss so much stuff the first time seeing a movie like that in the theater. Especially 3 hr long movies lol.

I found myself zoning out a few times looking for Easter eggs and comparing certain aspects of the movie to previous Batman movies. First day purchase for me on digital. Possibly even a physical copy just to display. 

I wonder if you know who at the end is going to play you know who, he looked like the animated version of you know who lol. 

Pretty sure it was this dude 

BC9E3EDA-B83C-40FD-A279-9FF59EF208A7.png

I thought it was good but not great. A tad over the top dramatic effect for me. 

5 hours ago, BFit said:

Supposed to come to HBOmax in 45days, middle of April ?

29 minutes ago, Talkingbirds said:

Really?! That'd be awesome if it did. It'll help hold me over till Dr strange :lol:

32 minutes ago, Talkingbirds said:

Wow that’s quick. We’re still waiting on Spider-Man 

1 hour ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Two different companies.

2 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

In the next 2 weeks, right?

16 minutes ago, BFit said:

I believe so.

1 hour ago, Talkingbirds said:

Two different companies.

You’re telling me Spider-Man & Batman aren’t in same universe???

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, BFit said:

March 22nd. 

I think it will depend on how well Batman does in theaters for the release date for digital... Spiderman changed it's date several times because of how well it did and is still doing. 

9 hours ago, BFit said:

Reeves has "his universe?" He recently said he's just focused on Batman. But maybe in the future...

https://collider.com/the-batman-2-sequel-superman-matt-reeves-comments/

"It's a high wire act to do a Batman movie, right? Because the character's been around for 80 years, everyone has their own version in their head and there have been great movies. The last thing I wanted to do was come in there and feel like I had to do something with the highest degree of difficulty and then also find the ways that it connects to everything else. My thing was, from the beginning, I said, "Look, I think it's enough to try and just do a bat verse, to do a Batman movie," and that that's where this begins.

"I suppose it's not impossible to believe that somewhere down the line, they could connect to something else, but that was not my interest in this, and it's not my interest in what we would do in follow-ups at the moment either. I feel like the whole point in us working with this incredible cast and this incredible crew to realize this movie that sort of, I really believe, is a fresh and different version of these characters is to pursue every ... There are a lot of great characters in the Gotham world and so the idea of leaning into that, that's really my interest right now.”

16 hours ago, NOTW said:

Reeves has "his universe?" He recently said he's just focused on Batman. But maybe in the future...

https://collider.com/the-batman-2-sequel-superman-matt-reeves-comments/

"It's a high wire act to do a Batman movie, right? Because the character's been around for 80 years, everyone has their own version in their head and there have been great movies. The last thing I wanted to do was come in there and feel like I had to do something with the highest degree of difficulty and then also find the ways that it connects to everything else. My thing was, from the beginning, I said, "Look, I think it's enough to try and just do a bat verse, to do a Batman movie," and that that's where this begins.

"I suppose it's not impossible to believe that somewhere down the line, they could connect to something else, but that was not my interest in this, and it's not my interest in what we would do in follow-ups at the moment either. I feel like the whole point in us working with this incredible cast and this incredible crew to realize this movie that sort of, I really believe, is a fresh and different version of these characters is to pursue every ... There are a lot of great characters in the Gotham world and so the idea of leaning into that, that's really my interest right now.”

Yes, Batman universe. There's going to be more movies and HBO series, that constitutes a universe. 

1 hour ago, BFit said:

Yes, Batman universe. There's going to be more movies and HBO series, that constitutes a universe. 

Right but you compared to Snyder and said Superman should be on it i thought you meant Reeves taking over all DCEU.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Right but you compared to Snyder and said Superman should be on it i thought you meant Reeves taking over all DCEU.

Yeah I was saying that's what I want :lol:

38 minutes ago, BFit said:

Yeah I was saying that's what I want :lol:

That would be great. 

Back in 2005 they should've done this with a young Batman. Year One which this one drew from and lead that Batman into the Justice League team up. 

• Like 1

On 3/5/2022 at 11:00 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

• Thanks 1

Just watched it, though admittedly didn't get the full effect since it was a cam version online. 

Spoiler

Liked the story and there was some good action, but there was no introduction into how Bruce became Batman as it just jumped right into there being a vigilante in Gotham.  Maybe I was expecting too much for a 2.75hr film.  Also thought there wasn't near enough of him being Bruce vs him being Batman.  This was different take which is fine, but I was expecting more balance between the roles.  Even the Nolan films, especially the first 2, had Bale being Bruce almost as much him being Batman, and that's the delicate balance that makes the character complex.  Maybe I'm being picky here.  I liked Andy Serkis as Alfred, but that role was marginalized as more of background scenery.  I know some of you hated Bale's Batman because of the voice, but the stories were solid and well rounded.  Maybe this is just the opening act and more will be shared in the 2nd installment, but for the length of the film IMO they could have offered more than they did.  Overall I thought it was good, not great, but good.  It was a more simplified Batman without the bells and whistles Nolan's had, a more direct version.  Though, I would expect a billionaire to have all the tech and tools like Bale's Batman had to create an advantage over the 'bad' guys.  Again, get it's a different take and it wasn't wrong or bad, I just thought Nolan did a better job of it.  But that's 3 films vs just 1 so I'm willing to give it another go to see if they expand on this one and bring it more of the backstory (yes, which we all know, but still good to see it painted in a different light) and what villains he has to face going forward.