DCU Thread

BFit

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Like @Outlaw said I think it's just from after taking off his cowl or something like that. I've watched all the trailers about 10x each lol. Some scenes he has it and others he doesn't. Looks like the ones where he is actually playing as Bruce I don't see the eye make up.

I don't have a problem with it, was just noting that's some of the criticism of this I've seen like "They're doing emo teen Batman!" you know.  I get vibes of The Crow from it, like he's getting into character and wanting to intimidate.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I don't have a problem with it, was just noting that's some of the criticism of this I've seen like "They're doing emo teen Batman!" you know.  I get vibes of The Crow from it, like he's getting into character and wanting to intimidate.  

I'm fine with that. Wasn't Batman supposed to be emo and angry as a young man? We only ever get middle aged Batman

I think Bale was the worst Batman so people can fight me! 

49 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm fine with that. Wasn't Batman supposed to be emo and angry as a young man? We only ever get middle aged Batman

:o

You liked Clooney better? 

Just now, NOTW said:

:o

You liked Clooney better? 

Lol no! Never even watched that 🗑️

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Critics reviews, i stopped reading because a couple minor things spoiled.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/the-batman-review-roundup-critics-1235191908/

Summary: retro noir detective meets Se7en.

And it's almost 3 hours long.

The Batman.PNG

So.... sucks? New that eye paint was gonna ruin it! Just like Nick with those stupid shirts!

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I agree to a point. I wasn't a fan of him as batman, he's probably not the worst, but Affleck, Keaton, Kilmer and Conroy we're all better. 

27 minutes ago, BFit said:

I agree to a point. I wasn't a fan of him as batman, he's probably not the worst, but Affleck, Keaton, Kilmer and Conroy we're all better. 

The movies were great, he worked well as Bruce but, other then that I didn't care for him. His voice while being Batman just made me cringe every single time he spoke

Saw it last night. Great movie. You don’t recognize that it’s 3hrs long. Love that they show more of a detective Batman. 

I will say that it starts off differently than any other Batman movie has so far. 

It’s basically like a Hitchcock inspired Batman movie. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Saw it last night. Great movie. You don’t recognize that it’s 3hrs long. Love that they show more of a detective Batman. 

I will say that it starts off differently than any other Batman movie has so far. 

We were wanting that from the Nolan movies.  We got a bit of a taste especially in The Dark Knight.

I'm seeing it tomorrow, looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

well, just realized i misread the runtime by 50 minutes. the wife will be happy that we have 7:20 tickets for tomorrow :lol: 

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, NOTW said:

We were wanting that from the Nolan movies.  We got a bit of a taste especially in The Dark Knight.

I'm seeing it tomorrow, looking forward to it.

Yeah it’s definitely good. One thing about it is that it’s damn near entirely from Batman’s perspective. Think of this movie as B89, Batman: Year One, Se7en, Taxi Driver, Chinatown, and Rear Window rolled into one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, BFit said:

well, just realized i misread the runtime by 50 minutes. the wife will be happy that we have 7:20 tickets for tomorrow :lol: 

I have tickets for tonight at 8pm lol. I didn't realize it was so long, I have to get up for 5:30am for work tomorrow lol. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bill said:

Yeah it’s definitely good. One thing about it is that it’s damn near entirely from Batman’s perspective. Think of this movie as B89, Batman: Year One, Se7en, Taxi Driver, Chinatown, and Rear Window rolled into one.

that sounds what I've wanted in a Batman movie forever.  The Nolan franchise was the closest thing.  I did like the comic gothic look Burton did in the first one.  Some of the animated series were great as well.

5 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I have tickets for tonight at 8pm lol. I didn't realize it was so long, I have to get up for 5:30am for work tomorrow lol. 

No problem. Just drop acid and stay up all night.

• Haha 1

Just got done seeing it, definitely a strong Batman movie. Pattinson did a great job in the role. As mentioned it’s more of a detective movie & Riddler was a perfect antagonist for this movie. If you’ve played the Arkham video games, the movie felt like the game quite a bit.

It’s definitely a long movie, but you don’t really want it to end.

8 hours ago, Bill said:

2 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Just got done seeing it, definitely a strong Batman movie. Pattinson did a great job in the role. As mentioned it’s more of a detective movie & Riddler was a perfect antagonist for this movie. If you’ve played the Arkham video games, the movie felt like the game quite a bit.

It’s definitely a long movie, but you don’t really want it to end.

Awesome to hear. Doing IMAX on Sunday. Can’t wait!

10D0DB7E-564F-4C97-BC4C-5A73A3A864CA.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Awesome to hear. Doing IMAX on Sunday. Can’t wait!

10D0DB7E-564F-4C97-BC4C-5A73A3A864CA.jpeg

Enjoy man! Hopefully you don’t get any spoilers

8 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Enjoy man! Hopefully you don’t get any spoilers

Avoiding it like the plague

6 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Avoiding it like the plague

Good. Yea months ago I unfortunately was told a leaked report that ended up being accurate about the ending, so I knew part of the ending already. Luckily it didn’t take away from too much. 

Just now, Dwide Schrude said:

Good. Yea months ago I unfortunately was told a leaked report that ended up being accurate about the ending, so I knew part of the ending already. Luckily it didn’t take away from too much. 

So far I’ve heard Pattinson is the best Batman and worst Bruce Wayne. Accurate?