Moderation transparency

Moderator6

48 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

The discussion I requested was for a change in the way we moderate our new, smaller community to preserve as much of our tiny population as we can. 

That conversation is happening.  Other posters are making suggestions.  We are engaging with them, discussing. 

You're going on endlessly defending the a few posters that everyone else recognizes were complete trash and not worth defending.  Keeping score, defending guys who harass VA, make racist comments, etc.

32 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Are you guys allowed to take action without reports?

If so, it might make a lot of sense to have a moderator (not me) who is regularly active in the blog so that they will see things without relying on reports. Its probably the most active thread on the entire EMB. It makes no sense for it to NOT be having eyes on it. Theres a ton of activity there. Thats where attention should be focused. I believe there are a few good options for new mods in there and I know of at least one who is willing.

Yes, we do take action without reports.  I've addressed that already in this topic.  I also said that we have contacted people to help add more mods.  We already added Mod 4 months ago (but no one acknowledged that, when we were showing we were in fact adding another mod to help and address the idea of "2 mods running free" complaints). 

But considering the toxic group that ran off longtime respected posters, complained about the mods endlessly for months, who the hell wants to sign up for that?  They went after VA who doesn't even moderate, shared his personal email and YT page without his permission to troll and attack him there, affecting his income and ability to pay medical bills for his sick mother.

And you think people are lining up to be mods to deal with THAT?  Maybe treat the mods better and more people might want to volunteer to mod.  Quit blaming the moderators and blame the few guys who ruined the board for everyone else.

I've had these open discussions, transparency, explained decisions, etc. in the blog for over a year.  It doesn't make you guys happy, you still complain or flat out lie about the things I said anyway.  So people observing that might be thinking, nah I don't want to get myself into that mess. I'm trying to convince some guys right now that soon things should be better, you can stay behind the scenes and just review reports, merge topics, etc.  

Another way to look at it:  why is it that in literally every other forum we don't have these problems?  They know when to step back, when to ignore, self-moderate as a group by ignoring or just shaming trolls, or just stop replying to someone and they go away.

Posters need to read the pinned guidelines and take responsibility for their own behavior.

• Like 1

Just now, EaglePhan1986 said:

Not sure he’s been a little pissy since I forgot his birthday 

Oh ish. I forgot as well. We can always take him out to Chipotle for his bday dinner. This way olsilverbag will have a hot meal that night

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Moderator6 said:

That conversation is happening.  Other posters are making suggestions.  We are engaging with them, discussing. 

You're going on endlessly defending the a few posters that everyone else recognizes were complete trash and not worth defending.  Keeping score, defending guys who harass VA, make racist comments, etc.

Yes, we do take action without reports.  I've addressed that already in this topic.  I also said that we have contacted people to help add more mods.  We already added Mod 4 months ago (but no one acknowledged that, when we were showing we were in fact adding another mod to help and address the idea of "2 mods running free" complaints). 

But considering the toxic group that ran off longtime respected posters, complained about the mods endlessly for months, who the hell wants to sign up for that?  They went after VA who doesn't even moderate, shared his personal email and YT page without his permission to troll and attack him there, affecting his income and ability to pay medical bills for his sick mother.

And you think people are lining up to be mods to deal with THAT?  Maybe treat the mods better and more people might want to volunteer to mod.  Quit blaming the moderators and blame the few guys who ruined the board for everyone else.

I've had these open discussions, transparency, explained decisions, etc. in the blog for over a year.  It doesn't make you guys happy, you still complain or flat out lie about the things I said anyway.  So people observing that might be thinking, nah I don't want to get myself into that mess. I'm trying to convince some guys right now that soon things should be better, you can stay behind the scenes and just review reports, merge topics, etc.  

Another way to look at it:  why is it that in literally every other forum we don't have these problems?  They know when to step back, when to ignore, self-moderate as a group by ignoring or just shaming trolls, or just stop replying to someone and they go away.

Posters need to read the pinned guidelines and take responsibility for their own behavior.

Who did that? DUM? 

9 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Oh ish. I forgot as well. We can always take him out to Chipotle for his bday dinner. This way olsilverbag will have a hot meal that night

Haha that’s so gross 🤮 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Sndor Puke GIF - Sndor Puke Sandlot - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Haha that’s so gross 🤮 

Make him a pre-workout shake after Chipotle. This way olsilverbag gets some protein in his dinner 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Moderator6 said:

I don't know why you're still going on about that.  I've moved on. 

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

There could have been a bunch in the blog yesterday as someone who has managed to not get banned in the previous drama and claims no inolvement decided to troll for no reason about the Phillies. 

No reports, no one else brining that to our attention.  I just scrolled that conversation.  It's his opinion on a sports topic, others have different opinions and people are attacking him for it.  Others are replying and debating him, and he is replying. That's not trolling.  That's a sports debate.  He suggested one reply to him was a personal insult, do you have a problem with that perceived insult toward him?  Or only his opinions because you don't like him?

If everyone would stop engaging him and then he continues to just rant about the Phillies and people have asked him to stop over and over and he just continues, that's where I'd step in and warn.  So you're crying about unfair moderation instead of telling guys to stop replying to him. Don't like seeing his posts? Put him on ignore. Don't like that the conversation is happening, post in the forum to ask everyone to stop replying to him.  They might continue to engage him, then what?  You don't like the conversation, step away from it or scroll.

Transparency: I will tell you that during the World Series he was trashing the Phillies way too much and ruining the enjoyment of the WS for fans, so I gave him warnings points then.  People publicly complained about him and reported the posts.

This is a sports debate.  Just like people arguing about Hurts, which draft pick to take, Howie has us in cap hell and sucks at drafting, etc.  There are plenty of posters who repeat the same sports opinions over and over.  It's a sports message board with people arguing sports opinions.  You seem to only care about the ones who do it that you don't like, or are some some perceived "side." 

The guidelines are pretty clear on how to handle these situations.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Make him a pre-workout shake after Chipotle. This way olsilverbag gets some protein in his dinner 

There's already a massive amount of protein in a Chipotle bowl with chicken.  A shake would be excess protein and it would cause Olsilverbags to just sheet it all out with no nutritional value.  Luckily @mikemack8 would be there to lick up the scraps.  It would be like our own little version of the Human Sheeting Centipede.  

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, EaglePhan1986 said:

So when are hazelnuts and mod6 tying the knot? Can @olsilverhair officiate? 

If he can't, Artie Fartie will with his fish n chips and bangers stuck up his arse

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I don't know why you're still going on about that.  I've moved on. 

Except for continuing to bring up the same things, and ignoring my replies engaging in the conversation you claim you wanted to have, yeah you've totally moved on.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Just now, hputenis said:

There's already a massive amount of protein in a Chipotle bowl with chicken.  A shake would be excess protein and it would cause Olsilverbags to just sheet it all out with no nutritional value.  Luckily @mikemack8 would be there to lick up the scraps.  It would be like our own little version of the Human Sheeting Centipede.  

Get that steak over chicken. Extra green sauce. Olsilverbag needs some vitamins and omega 3 so maybe the shake will still be beneficial for him

Why don't the mods post in the fitness thread? We all know you're unhealthy fat Americans 🇺🇸 

47 minutes ago, Moderator6 said:

I don't understand why I haven't been asked to be a mod yet.  I would be just as fair and balanced as Fox News. 

• Haha 3

I would wreck Kari Lake after a night of drinking and a morning steak bowl breakfast 

50 minutes ago, Moderator6 said:

I would think the anonymity with being a mod would help people saying yes

24 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

no-bugs-bunny.gif

#freeShocker 

• Like 1