EAGLES/HURTS AGREE TO 5 YEAR/$255 MILLION EXTENSION!!

SPIDER-MAN

Hurts is extremely liked and respected by his peers. I wouldn't be surprised to see him #1 on the list in the next couple years. Players on rival teams speak highly of him. Free agents want to come here and be a part of the ride. Some even sign for less than other teams may have offered. The best leader we've ever had at QB, by far. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"It’s so funny to me when people who are still desperate to find a way to criticize Jalen Hurts use his low passing yard total from 2022 to supposedly demonstrate that he’s not a big-time passer. You’ve gotta be kidding me. Hurts threw for 247 yards per game last year, 13th-highest in the league. But here’s what people don’t realize. He didn’t need to throw in the second half of most games because the Eagles were usually up big and their running attack was unstoppable. The Eagles led eight games by double digits at halftime and led seven by 15 or more points after three quarters. Why throw? The Eagles were fantastic at running the ball, running clock and finishing games. Here’s what I find really interesting: Hurts actually had the 3rd-most passing yards in the NFL last year before halftime with 2,498, behind only Patrick Mahomes (2,832) and Justin Herbert (2,590). He averaged 20 pass attempts per game before halftime, 6th-highest among all QBs. But after halftime, Hurts didn’t need to throw that much and his numbers reflect it: He averaged 11 pass attempts (24th-most in the league) and 80 passing yards (22nd-most in the league). So 67 percent of his passing yards came before halftime. But his passer rating – 103.8 in the first half (5th-highest), wasn’t far off in the second half at 98.0 (6th-highest). In all, the Eagles in the first half last year ran 40 percent of the time and threw 60 percent. In the second half, they ran 57 percent of the time and threw 43 percent. If the Eagles threw as much in the second half as the first, Hurts would have had nearly 5,000 passing yards and 28 TD passes.”

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/roobs-10-eagles-observations-revealing-133823876.html

Roob is putting the Hurts haters in their place especially those in the media. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

"It’s so funny to me when people who are still desperate to find a way to criticize Jalen Hurts use his low passing yard total from 2022 to supposedly demonstrate that he’s not a big-time passer. You’ve gotta be kidding me. Hurts threw for 247 yards per game last year, 13th-highest in the league. But here’s what people don’t realize. He didn’t need to throw in the second half of most games because the Eagles were usually up big and their running attack was unstoppable. The Eagles led eight games by double digits at halftime and led seven by 15 or more points after three quarters. Why throw? The Eagles were fantastic at running the ball, running clock and finishing games. Here’s what I find really interesting: Hurts actually had the 3rd-most passing yards in the NFL last year before halftime with 2,498, behind only Patrick Mahomes (2,832) and Justin Herbert (2,590). He averaged 20 pass attempts per game before halftime, 6th-highest among all QBs. But after halftime, Hurts didn’t need to throw that much and his numbers reflect it: He averaged 11 pass attempts (24th-most in the league) and 80 passing yards (22nd-most in the league). So 67 percent of his passing yards came before halftime. But his passer rating – 103.8 in the first half (5th-highest), wasn’t far off in the second half at 98.0 (6th-highest). In all, the Eagles in the first half last year ran 40 percent of the time and threw 60 percent. In the second half, they ran 57 percent of the time and threw 43 percent. If the Eagles threw as much in the second half as the first, Hurts would have had nearly 5,000 passing yards and 28 TD passes.”

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/roobs-10-eagles-observations-revealing-133823876.html

Roob is putting the Hurts haters in their place especially those in the media. 

Good stuff there.  

• Like 1

Statistics without context are fools gold. Some critics also like to suggest he wasn't all that notable a runner with just a 4.6 ypc average, but completely leave out the 15 victory formation "runs" and I never did count all the QB sneaks. Hurts was 3rd in the NFL in 1st downs rushing (67) and tied for 2nd with 13 rushing TDs. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Statistics without context are fools gold. Some critics also like to suggest he wasn't all that notable a runner with just a 4.6 ypc average, but completely leave out the 15 victory formation "runs" and I never did count all the QB sneaks. Hurts was 3rd in the NFL in 1st downs rushing (67) and tied for 2nd with 13 rushing TDs. 

Anyone who watched hurts last year knew what a runner he was and what a threat he was. Like you say stats without context are fools gold.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Yeah the short yardage and goal line success really kills the avg 

• Like 1

Burrow 5 years 275 million with 219 guaranteed.

All of a sudden the Hurts contract looks like a bargain. Props to the Eagles for getting it done first.

• Like 1

It's a big contract but not a team killing contract. As reported, it's actually fairly team friendly as far as franchise QB contracts go. In the end, I fully expect it to be worth every penny and much, much more. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

And that’s the kind of leader he is. We all knew after that game he’d apologise for his errors and praise the defense for coming up big.

• Like 2

Defense and Special teams ended up saving the day.  Offense still need work but it was bad weather and early in the season so I give them a slight pass.  Jalen kept his composure and took what Belichick gave him.   This was the 9th Straight regular Season Road Win for Jalen.  He is now 17-2 including the playoffs dating back to last season.   Sadly self evaluation will have to be short lived.  We have a desperate Vikings team coming in looking to not fall to 0-2.    My only beef is they have get Dallas involved with some quick and easy passes.  But again give Belichick credit, he definitely made a lot of adjustments during the game. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Great show a leadership there by QB1. Most week one games are sloppy but they got out of NE with a win and that’s what matters. 

• Like 2

Jalen Hurts is now 19-1 over his last 20 Regular Season Starts.   Jalen's only losses during this stretch:

Bucs playoff game

Washington Regular Season

Super Bowl LVII

Including Playoffs he's 21-3 over 24 games.  This is also Jalen's 8th straight Regular Season Win.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

F66tEVIaEAA8jCk?format=webp&name=small

Jalen Hurts also won his 10th Straight Road Game breaking Donovan Mcnabb's 9 Straight Road Game Record.  It's also his 9th Straight Regular Season Win.  He also beats Tampa for the first time in his Career.  I know every game hasn't looked the prettiest.  But like Jalen says.  Winning is all that matters.  I know with Jalen in the game, he will do everything in his power to win.  No matter the mistakes, no matter the situation.  He keeps calm and delivers. Enjoy the ride Eagles fans.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

If that’s true (and we have no reason to think it isn’t) then fair play to him. He guts it out and we win. Had we lost I’m sure we wouldn’t have even known about him having flu symptoms though.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If that’s true (and we have no reason to think it isn’t) then fair play to him. He guts it out and we win. Had we lost I’m sure we wouldn’t have even known about him having flu symptoms though.

Reportedly a bunch of guys on the team have the muck:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/jalen-hurts-jason-kelce-other-eagles-played-through-illness

They didn't play like it though. :flex::Eagle_smiley:

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

AJ Brown said he had a stomach bug too.  He joked with reporters it was the bag of Takis he ate, don't eat Mexican the night before a game, etc.  Another player said he had it too.  Jalen seemed pretty sick in his press conference, even shorter answers than usual and coughing and sniffing.  AJ Brown also said he was really tired because of the humidity, he was glad Swift had so many carries because it gave him a break.  The broadcast said it was 90 degrees with high humidity that made it feel like over 100 degrees.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Considering we won and people are trashing Jalen I’m pretty sure they would have crucified him if we lost. Guys went out there ill and gutted it out. Much props to this football team. They just go out there and handle business. Let everybody else get the press. We will see who is where in the end.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Considering we won and people are trashing Jalen I’m pretty sure they would have crucified him if we lost. Guys went out there ill and gutted it out. Much props to this football team. They just go out there and handle business. Let everybody else get the press. We will see who is where in the end.

No sorry what I meant was if we had lost I’m not sure Jalen would have said he had flu as the guy just doesn’t make excuses. I think he’d have kept it hush if we had lost.

• Like 2