EAGLES/HURTS AGREE TO 5 YEAR/$255 MILLION EXTENSION!!

SPIDER-MAN

So PFF has brought out their top 50 players list and Jalen is not one of them, but the disrespect is even greater than that. Only two Eagles make the top 50. The 49ers have 6 players on this list and the Eagles tie with the Cowboys and the Giants. The Commanders have one less. I’m sure there will be some people around who will defend this nonsense though. PFF is trash and the best part is they graded Justin Herbert on an injury curve. So the best team in football was only good last season because of two players, but the 49ers are so deep they got bodied by the Eagles in the playoffs? Yeah their analysis is top notch. :thumbdown:

35. QB JUSTIN HERBERT, LOS ANGELES CHARGERS

Any analysis of how good Justin Herbert is needs to factor in the rib injury he played through for most of last season. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

So PFF has brought out their top 50 players list and Jalen is not one of them, but the disrespect is even greater than that. Only two Eagles make the top 50. The 49ers have 6 players on this list and the Eagles tie with the Cowboys and the Giants. The Commanders have one less. I’m sure there will be some people around who will defend this nonsense though. PFF is trash and the best part is they graded Justin Herbert on an injury curve. So the best team in football was only good last season because of two players, but the 49ers are so deep they got bodied by the Eagles in the playoffs? Yeah their analysis is top notch. :thumbdown:

35. QB JUSTIN HERBERT, LOS ANGELES CHARGERS

Any analysis of how good Justin Herbert is needs to factor in the rib injury he played through for most of last season. 

FYI, 3 Eagles made the list: Johnson, Brown, and Kelce. PFF thanks you for reading and promoting their free article.

• Haha 1

On 7/23/2023 at 1:29 AM, brkmsn said:

FYI, 3 Eagles made the list: Johnson, Brown, and Kelce. PFF thanks you for reading and promoting their free article.

Still less than the 49ers. Still no Jalen, but continue your quest to brown nose those Collinsworth hacks. Heck I like AJ Brown and I’m sure glad he’s here, but Brown wasn’t considered a top 50 player until he hooked up with who I wonder? Hmmm I wonder what that difference was??? I also wonder why your buddy Quez Watkins didn’t make the list? 🤔😂🤣😂🤫

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Still less than the 49ers. Still no Jalen, but continue your quest to brown nose those Collinsworth hacks. Heck I like AJ Brown and I’m sure glad he’s here, but Brown wasn’t considered a top 50 player until he hooked up with who I wonder? Hmmm I wonder what that difference was??? I also wonder why your buddy Quez Watkins didn’t make the list? 🤔😂🤣😂🤫

First of all, it's a comprehensive (all players) top 50 list. In a league with 32 teams, that would make the median representation around 1.6 players per team. Second, the article states:

This is a list of the best 50 players in the NFL entering the 2023 season. No single number or grade dictates this list, but the grading — along with PFF's wins above replacement (WAR) metric — has been used as a foundation while leaning toward the most recent season.

Click on the link in their explanation if you want to know more about "wins above replacement." Personally, I feel it's a complicated metric and not very useful to me. https://www.pff.com/war

Next, AJ Brown was #34 on their same list in 2022, making your claim lazy, ignorant and false. You stated: 

Heck I like AJ Brown and I’m sure glad he’s here, but Brown wasn’t considered a top 50 player until he hooked up with who I wonder?

Since Brown was indeed a top 50 player last year according to them, you can easily apply your same method to Hurts regarding Brown. I'll just let you ponder that. 

Because PFF didn't tell us the next 10, 20, or 50 players that would have been ranked, we are left to wonder, but I would imagine that Hurts, Reddick, Bradberry, and Sweat probably weren't far behind and then players like Mailata, Dickerson, Smith or Graham might have made a top 100 (with their metrics). I'm not sure why you're crying about this. Most of the players that made the top 50 were All Pros and would probably make most top 50 lists. 

Finally, it's cute that every reply where you struggle to make a reasonable argument you throw in a random "your boy..." Quez is an Eagle and assuming you are an Eagles fan, he's "your boy" too. Quez obviously won't be on any comprehensive (all players) top 100 list based on last season. But if you want to protest PFF because they "snubbed him" --- more power to ya.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, brkmsn said:

First of all, it's a comprehensive (all players) top 50 list. In a league with 32 teams, that would make the median representation around 1.6 players per team. Second, the article states:

This is a list of the best 50 players in the NFL entering the 2023 season. No single number or grade dictates this list, but the grading — along with PFF's wins above replacement (WAR) metric — has been used as a foundation while leaning toward the most recent season.

Click on the link in their explanation if you want to know more about "wins above replacement." Personally, I feel it's a complicated metric and not very useful to me. https://www.pff.com/war

Next, AJ Brown was #34 on their same list in 2022, making your claim lazy, ignorant and false. You stated: 

Since Brown was indeed a top 50 player last year according to them, you can easily apply your same method to Hurts regarding Brown. I'll just let you ponder that. 

Because PFF didn't tell us the next 10, 20, or 50 players that would have been ranked, we are left to wonder, but I would imagine that Hurts, Reddick, Bradberry, and Sweat probably weren't far behind and then players like Mailata, Dickerson, Smith or Graham might have made a top 100 (with their metrics). I'm not sure why you're crying about this. Most of the players that made the top 50 were All Pros and would probably make most top 50 lists. 

Finally, it's cute that every reply where you struggle to make a reasonable argument you throw in a random "your boy..." Quez is an Eagle and assuming you are an Eagles fan, he's "your boy" too. Quez obviously won't be on any comprehensive (all players) top 100 list based on last season. But if you want to protest PFF because they "snubbed him" --- more power to ya.

Okay post your link of Brown being on this list. You pay so you can prove. Frankly if after posting less receptions, yards, YPC, and touchdowns those idiots claimed he was the 34th best player in the league then you should quit your subscription or at least stop kissing their behind so much. Not you though. Keep on kissing. And discuss (WAR) How many wins did the Eagles accumulate when Jalen wasn’t in the lineup last year? Funny I was just watching that playoff game where Herbert and his Chargers choked in the playoffs versus the Jags. He’s way better than Jalen though. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Okay post your link of Brown being on this list. You pay so you can prove. Frankly if after posting less receptions, yards, YPC, and touchdowns those idiots claimed he was the 34th best player in the league then you should quit your subscription or at least stop kissing their behind so much. Not you though. Keep on kissing. And discuss (WAR) How many wins did the Eagles accumulate when Jalen wasn’t in the lineup last year? Funny I was just watching that playoff game where Herbert and his Chargers choked in the playoffs versus the Jags. He’s way better than Jalen though. :rolleyes:

It's a free link. I will google "pff top 50 players 2022" and here's what I get:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff50-ranking-50-best-players-2022

... and if I change it to 2023, I get this:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff50-ranking-50-best-players-2023

... I wonder what happens when I change it to 2021 ... 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff50-ranking-50-best-players-nfl-2021

Oh look ... AJ Brown at #38 that year and there was this too:

47-James-Bradberry-768x960.jpg

I don't subscribe to PFF. Just like you, I only have access to the free stuff like these pieces. Frankly, I don't find them all that interesting because the 2023 season hasn't begun. I have all the confidence in the world in Jalen Hurts regardless of where he ranks in any useless preseason player ranking. I do find it funny that you keep bashing PFF because that's your thing --- despite the fact that after 2021, they ranked Hurts as the 11th best QB much to the dismay of the "but Hurts" crowd who insisted that was a joke. Then last year, he rose to 5th on their list. 

Then after the Super Bowl, they put this out:

Highest PFF passing grades in the Super Bowl (2001-2022)
Rank Name Season PFF passing grade
1 Jalen Hurts 2022 92.9
2 Aaron Rodgers 2010 91.7
3 Eli Manning 2011 91.1
4 Nick Foles 2017 90.7
5 Russell Wilson 2013 90.3
6 Joe Flacco 2012 86.5
7 Drew Brees 2009 83.9
8 Ben Roethlisberger 2008 83.9
9 Tom Brady 2017 83.1
10 Eli Manning 2007 81.4

But somebody made a list that cuts off at 50 and Hurts wasn't on it. How dare they!:rolleyes:

Get a grip.

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

It's a free link. I will google "pff top 50 players 2022" and here's what I get:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff50-ranking-50-best-players-2022

... and if I change it to 2023, I get this:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff50-ranking-50-best-players-2023

... I wonder what happens when I change it to 2021 ... 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff50-ranking-50-best-players-nfl-2021

Oh look ... AJ Brown at #38 that year and there was this too:

47-James-Bradberry-768x960.jpg

I don't subscribe to PFF. Just like you, I only have access to the free stuff like these pieces. Frankly, I don't find them all that interesting because the 2023 season hasn't begun. I have all the confidence in the world in Jalen Hurts regardless of where he ranks in any useless preseason player ranking. I do find it funny that you keep bashing PFF because that's your thing --- despite the fact that after 2021, they ranked Hurts as the 11th best QB much to the dismay of the "but Hurts" crowd who insisted that was a joke. Then last year, he rose to 5th on their list. 

Then after the Super Bowl, they put this out:

Highest PFF passing grades in the Super Bowl (2001-2022)
Rank Name Season PFF passing grade
1 Jalen Hurts 2022 92.9
2 Aaron Rodgers 2010 91.7
3 Eli Manning 2011 91.1
4 Nick Foles 2017 90.7
5 Russell Wilson 2013 90.3
6 Joe Flacco 2012 86.5
7 Drew Brees 2009 83.9
8 Ben Roethlisberger 2008 83.9
9 Tom Brady 2017 83.1
10 Eli Manning 2007 81.4

But somebody made a list that cuts off at 50 and Hurts wasn't on it. How dare they!:rolleyes:

Get a grip.

Wow I don’t know what’s the bigger joke. Jalen is not considered one of the best players from 2022 or you defending the clowns who says he isn’t. You work harder to support bums and PFF than you do Hurts. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Wow I don’t know what’s the bigger joke. Jalen is not considered one of the best players from 2022 or you defending the clowns who says he isn’t. You work harder to support bums and PFF than you do Hurts. 

What am I supposed to defend again? I believe Hurts is a top 5 QB. When there are people in here saying things I disagree with about Hurts, I'll respond. Most of those guys "checked out," so we don't have people really saying questionable things about Hurts at the moment. Is Hurts a top 50 player at this point? Honestly, I don't know. He's certainly a top 100 player, IMO and I expect to see the players have him on their top 100 list. I have no idea how high he'll be as that is more of a popularity list than ranking players through metrics. 

At the beginning of the 2022 season, PFF gave Hurts a better player grade than Mahomes and you came unglued. I'm guessing not because you wanted to trash Hurts, but because you hate PFF. There is probably no other poster still posting here that is as obsessed with posting about the things/players they hate as you. 

BTW, there are 1696 (regular season) roster positions in the NFL. More than that will be employed during a given year. There are an additional 512 practice squad spots available. So when any player makes a "Top 100" list, it's something special. Everybody on such a list is a very good player. Getting butt-hurt because your favorite player is lower on a list than he is on your own personal "homer list" is stupid. As far as I'm concerned, a top 100 list could be in any order. People get too caught up in the rankings. A top 50 list is even more difficult because so many deserving players won't make it. The NFL revealed the first group of their Top 100 Players today and D. Smith got #100. I'm very happy for him. I'll be happy for any other Eagles player that makes the list regardless of the rankings. 

14 hours ago, brkmsn said:

What am I supposed to defend again? I believe Hurts is a top 5 QB. When there are people in here saying things I disagree with about Hurts, I'll respond. Most of those guys "checked out," so we don't have people really saying questionable things about Hurts at the moment. Is Hurts a top 50 player at this point? Honestly, I don't know. He's certainly a top 100 player, IMO and I expect to see the players have him on their top 100 list. I have no idea how high he'll be as that is more of a popularity list than ranking players through metrics. 

At the beginning of the 2022 season, PFF gave Hurts a better player grade than Mahomes and you came unglued. I'm guessing not because you wanted to trash Hurts, but because you hate PFF. There is probably no other poster still posting here that is as obsessed with posting about the things/players they hate as you. 

BTW, there are 1696 (regular season) roster positions in the NFL. More than that will be employed during a given year. There are an additional 512 practice squad spots available. So when any player makes a "Top 100" list, it's something special. Everybody on such a list is a very good player. Getting butt-hurt because your favorite player is lower on a list than he is on your own personal "homer list" is stupid. As far as I'm concerned, a top 100 list could be in any order. People get too caught up in the rankings. A top 50 list is even more difficult because so many deserving players won't make it. The NFL revealed the first group of their Top 100 Players today and D. Smith got #100. I'm very happy for him. I'll be happy for any other Eagles player that makes the list regardless of the rankings. 

PFF sucks period. Their evaluations are arbitrarily based and can change on their whims. I have a hard time believing believing that Cooper Kupp for example having a massively down year was better than Jalen Hurts last year, or Lamar Jackson (really Lamar Jackson is better than Hurts right now?) or the Ravens TE Andrews is more important or (more importantly) better than Jalen Hurts. Defend those hacks all you want though. And no I didn’t have a problem with Hurts last year, but I absolutely had a problem with PFF ranking Hurts over Mahomes which by the way makes their whole Jalen isn’t a top 50 player in this league even more ridiculous. Again defend them all you like, but let me make one thing very clear. You won’t stop me from calling PFF trash anymore than I can stop you from vehemently defending their hot garbage. 

Oh and by the way @brkmsnif PFF really wanted to show how next level thinking they truly were then Lane Johnson should be much higher on this list, because he hasn’t given up a sack in over 2 years, his WAR is insanely high, and many of the defenders on this top 50 list Lane has owned every time he went up against them. Heck when Parson went up against him he didn’t even allow him a stat. Trent Williams is the third best player in football though. The 49ers lead the league in losing quarterbacks, but they have one the best offensive lineman in foo. It’s a joke. 

• Haha 1

Hurts 255

Lamar 260

Herbert 262.5

Burrow  265?  270?

Good timing on Howie.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Hurts 255

Lamar 260

Herbert 262.5

Burrow  265?  270?

Good timing on Howie.

Yep and more importantly Herbert has nearly 40 million more guaranteed. Definitely was the right move signing Hurts first. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Yep and more importantly Herbert has nearly 40 million more guaranteed. Definitely was the right move signing Hurts first. 

Agreed. Ironically Jalen’s contract is even better than Daniel Jones contract even though it’s for more money and he was signed after him. 

10 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Screenshot_20230726_224246.jpg

That's like a super hero line or some sheet lol

• Like 1

On 7/26/2023 at 7:23 AM, ManchesterEagle said:

That’s a very misleading stat, it’s counting his 5th year option in the fully guaranteed (which Jalen doesn’t have). The actual extension guarantees is only marginally better than Jalen’s.

Its how Jalen’s extension got a lot more fully guaranteed money than Kyler even though the report was 280 for Jalen and 289 for Kyler

• Like 1

So the NFL players dropped Lamar Jackson to 72 on their poll of top 100 players, but PFF has him in top top 50. No matter, because according to @brkmsn PFF knows football better than the players do. 😂🤣😂

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

So the NFL players dropped Lamar Jackson to 72 on their poll of top 100 players, but PFF has him in top top 50. No matter, because according to @brkmsn PFF knows football better than the players do. 😂🤣😂

Do you have a quote where I said that? 

PFF is not the end-all to football discussions. It's just a source that applies analytics to compliment statistics. For me, I like the analytics and the advanced stats that have resulted. You like having your dog bring in your newspaper. Nobody is forcing you to change --- but don't expect me to bust out the corduroys and Members Only jacket just to make you feel better. 

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Screenshot_20230731_115754.thumb.jpg.b1e483ad3288e2fe67111187793362c8.jpg

FB_IMG_1691112966075.jpg

That’s that Jordan level of "taking things personally.” 

• Like 2

The story about Sirianni and Hurts having words over the field goal situation. Jalen clipped back at Sirianni, but then eventually gave himself penalty pushups for making a mistake. This dude is on another level with his commitment to get better. 

On 7/27/2023 at 3:21 PM, brkmsn said:

Do you have a quote where I said that? 

PFF is not the end-all to football discussions. It's just a source that applies analytics to compliment statistics. For me, I like the analytics and the advanced stats that have resulted. You like having your dog bring in your newspaper. Nobody is forcing you to change --- but don't expect me to bust out the corduroys and Members Only jacket just to make you feel better. 

So the top 100 list (according to the players) still hasn’t mentioned Hurts yet. Do you think that means the NFL players think Jalen is a top 20 player in this league or do you think it means they think he’s even worse than those hacks at PFF? 

54 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

So the top 100 list (according to the players) still hasn’t mentioned Hurts yet. Do you think that means the NFL players think Jalen is a top 20 player in this league or do you think it means they think he’s even worse than those hacks at PFF? 

I think the players have Hurts in the top 10 ... Maybe in the top 5 even. What difference does it make? They also have Justin Fields at 86. Do you think Fields is already a better player than DeVonta Smith? The NFL's Top 100 Players list is a popularity list and Hurts is pretty popular around the league --- for good reason. PFF's list was based on different criteria. Both lists are fallible. 

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I think the players have Hurts in the top 10 ... Maybe in the top 5 even. What difference does it make? They also have Justin Fields at 86. Do you think Fields is already a better player than DeVonta Smith? The NFL's Top 100 Players list is a popularity list and Hurts is pretty popular around the league --- for good reason. PFF's list was based on different criteria. Both lists are fallible. 

Fields is a quarterback so I get it. He’s was the best offensive player on the Bears when Smith isn’t even the best receiver on his own team. I’ll agree with one thing. Both list are fallible, but the players list is far more realistic than the PFF one is.