**Official 76ers 2023-2024 Season Thread**

mr_hunt

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Sharpe is a future star so should count. 

But really this is saying Morey would choose Harden over Embiid if the right opportunity arises which is hilarious. 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Start the negotiations high. Love it.

But in all honesty, I’m not sure any one for one swaps would work You’re looking at someone like Fox or SGA most likely. 

Giannis, Luka, Jokic would be off the table. We’re not trading with the Celts for Tatum or Brown. Lillard? Not a fit. Kawhi is washed. Who else could work?

15 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

But in all honesty, I’m not sure any one for one swaps would work You’re looking at someone like Fox or SGA most likely. 

Giannis, Luka, Jokic would be off the table. We’re not trading with the Celts for Tatum or Brown. Lillard? Not a fit. Kawhi is washed. Who else could work?

Someone needs to look this up but Bob cooney last week said since embiid is entering first year of his Supermax deal that the sixers can’t even trade him this offseason. 

6 hours ago, Blazehound said:

I ain't trading SGA or Fox for him

Ingram is probably the ceiling 

Screenshot_20230525-232130.png

I don't think a 1 for 1 swap with Embiid is the type of trade to look for. 

But of course that's what the 6ers think will keep them most competitive in the short term. 

They're stupid so that's the route they'll take. 

Highest ceiling 1 for 1 that might be possible is a guy I brought up a few weeks ago.  Chet Holmgren.

12 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I ain't trading SGA or Fox for him

Ingram is probably the ceiling 

Screenshot_20230525-232130.png

ingram for the reigning mvp?  c'mon man :lol:   

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

ingram for the reigning mvp?  c'mon man :lol:   

MVP that can't win in the playoffs and his numbers have been the last 3 years in the playoffs vs the regular season

SGA first team All NBA, keep dreaming 

Fox -  Kings already got Sabonis

Haliburton - I ain't trading him for Embiid 

Find me a star player that makes actual sense, it doesn't exist right now. 

Best bet it a package like Nets got for KD ala Ingram, Franz type so keep dreaming that Embiid will get a star back in return. Just won't happen. 

Screenshot_20230526-121914.png

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

MVP that can't win in the playoffs and his numbers have been the last 3 years in the playoffs vs the regular season

SGA first team All NBA, keep dreaming 

Fox -  Kings already got Sabonis

Haliburton - I ain't trading him for Embiid 

Find me a star player that makes actual sense, it doesn't exist right now. 

Best bet it a package like Nets got for KD ala Ingram, Franz type so keep dreaming that Embiid will get a star back in return. Just won't happen. 

Screenshot_20230526-121914.png

Correct.  Unless you go for someone unproven with insane upside.  I can't think of anyone else but Holmgren that fits. 

I think he can be about the level of star embiid is. 

Cade Cunningham + could be alright too but not in the level of Holmgren.

This is getting ridiculous. There is 0 chance they're trading Embiid and if they did he is getting more than Ingram back.

At the end of last season people were criticising Jokic for getting knocked out in the playoffs. Last year they lost 4-1 in the first round to the Warriors and the year before they were swept by the Suns in the second round. The game 7 was a disaster for him and that is what people will continue to remember until next season. 

There is one very real criticism of Embiid, he can never seem to be healthy during the playoffs, even when they are fluky injuries he has been injured. He has tried to come back early a number of times in the playoffs including this year. The injury was supposed to be a 4-6 week injury and he played through it. 

The key is what happens with Harden, if he walks to the Rockets who are they able to bring in? They haven't had much luck attracting FA's in the past and the guys they have brought in have been pretty poor. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mat said:

This is getting ridiculous. There is 0 chance they're trading Embiid and if they did he is getting more than Ingram back.

At the end of last season people were criticising Jokic for getting knocked out in the playoffs. Last year they lost 4-1 in the first round to the Warriors and the year before they were swept by the Suns in the second round. The game 7 was a disaster for him and that is what people will continue to remember until next season. 

There is one very real criticism of Embiid, he can never seem to be healthy during the playoffs, even when they are fluky injuries he has been injured. He has tried to come back early a number of times in the playoffs including this year. The injury was supposed to be a 4-6 week injury and he played through it. 

The key is what happens with Harden, if he walks to the Rockets who are they able to bring in? They haven't had much luck attracting FA's in the past and the guys they have brought in have been pretty poor. 

Jokic played with Monte Morris, Jeff Green, Aaron Gordon and Will Barton and somehow made it to the playoffs last year. They are not the same circumstance. 

Embiid the king of excuses when it comes to games that matter. Did the excuse make him not demand the ball in the final four minutes of game 6 or shoot 5/18 in game 7 and looked like he quit? Dude isn't a winner and the Sixers will never win a title with him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Correct.  Unless you go for someone unproven with insane upside.  I can't think of anyone else but Holmgren that fits. 

I think he can be about the level of star embiid is. 

Cade Cunningham + could be alright too but not in the level of Holmgren.

You love love Chet. I can't say I do and not sure the Sixers want to do the process over with Chet already missing his first year of basketball like Simmons and Embiid did. 

I'm a Trey Murphy fan for the Pelicans. A long wing who can shoot 40% from 3, an All Star in Ingram. You solve the important piece, get young athletic wings. 

Other names that fit

Franz Wagner, OG and Scottie Barnes, Simons and Sharpe, or Giddy and Jalen Williams. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Jokic played with Monte Morris, Jeff Green, Aaron Gordon and Will Barton and somehow made it to the playoffs last year. They are not the same circumstance. 

Embiid the king of excuses when it comes to games that matter. Did the excuse make him not demand the ball in the final four minutes of game 6 or shoot 5/18 in game 7 and looked like he quit? Dude isn't a winner and the Sixers will never win a title with him.

And people will make the argument that if you're the MVP you should be making it out of the first round of the playoffs. 

You can come up with arguments against almost every superstar that doesn't win the finals each year

Giannis shot under 50% from the line and got knocked out by an 8 seed. Tatum was horrible for the majority of the Sixers series and invisible in the last quarter of the 1st three games vs the Heat. 

Steph barely beat the Kings and then lost to the Lakers while having a brain fade down the stretch in the game he threw the ball out of bounds and can't hit clutch shots 

Ja can't get out of the 1st round or stop shooting himself in the foot

Luka and Kyrie didn't even make the playoffs and they were on the same team

How did the Pacers do with Haliburton and an actual decent coach? He missed a bunch of games and they didn't make the play-in game 

Booker scored 12 points in a must win game 6

The list goes on, but sure, let's trade the MVP for some dude that can't even make the playoffs in Ingram

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mat said:

And people will make the argument that if you're the MVP you should be making it out of the first round of the playoffs. 

You can come up with arguments against almost every superstar that doesn't win the finals each year

Giannis shot under 50% from the line and got knocked out by an 8 seed. Tatum was horrible for the majority of the Sixers series and invisible in the last quarter of the 1st three games vs the Heat. 

Steph barely beat the Kings and then lost to the Lakers while having a brain fade down the stretch in the game he threw the ball out of bounds and can't hit clutch shots 

Ja can't get out of the 1st round or stop shooting himself in the foot

Luka and Kyrie didn't even make the playoffs and they were on the same team

How did the Pacers do with Haliburton and an actual decent coach? He missed a bunch of games and they didn't make the play-in game 

Booker scored 12 points in a must win game 6

The list goes on, but sure, let's trade the MVP for some dude that can't even make the playoffs in Ingram

They lost to the NBA Champs last year dum dum, but Jokic will have a ring in a few weeks.

Giannis has a ring.

Tatum made it to more conference finals and finals at 25 than Embiid did. 

Steph has 4 rings

Kyrie has a ring

Ja, Haliburton and Luka are 23 and 24, still not in prime.

Six years in the playoffs and Embiid haven't made it past the 2nd round. SIX YEARS with a team that is out of assets to trade and options to make this team compete for a title next year, but yes run it back and expect a different outcome. 

Maybe it Embiid wasn't so selfish and cared more winning MVP than a title they would still be playing, but that isn't the case. 

Dude needed PJ Tucker to yell at him in the 4th quarter of Game 4 to get him motivated. A 29 year old that just won the MVP needed to get yelled at for motivation in the playoffs. Dude is soft and mentally weak. 

What kind of loser ass s hit is that.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

You love love Chet. I can't say I do and not sure the Sixers want to do the process over with Chet already missing his first year of basketball like Simmons and Embiid did. 

I'm a Trey Murphy fan for the Pelicans. A long wing who can shoot 40% from 3, an All Star in Ingram. You solve the important piece, get young athletic wings. 

Other names that fit

Franz Wagner, OG and Scottie Barnes, Simons and Sharpe, or Giddy and Jalen Williams. 

The rumor though, is that the 6ers are looking for 1 mega star if they were to trade Embiid. Even a straight up swap.

Your guys are a package of 2 really nice players, both below the level of Embiid's stardom. I like your ideas, they just arent what was reported.

You arent going to get an established star on Embiid's level, such as Luka, or anyone like that. Teams will want to pair them up. So I think what you need to look for are the guys who are elite prospects, but too young to be proven yet.

Chet and Cade are 2 on the level I am thinking of. 

12 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

The rumor though, is that the 6ers are looking for 1 mega star if they were to trade Embiid. Even a straight up swap.

Your guys are a package of 2 really nice players, both below the level of Embiid's stardom. I like your ideas, they just arent what was reported.

You arent going to get an established star on Embiid's level, such as Luka, or anyone like that. Teams will want to pair them up. So I think what you need to look for are the guys who are elite prospects, but too young to be proven yet.

Chet and Cade are 2 on the level I am thinking of. 

I know not what being reported but doing a 1v1 really does nothing for the franchise especially if the star is already older. Think we both agree blow it up and start over, get young pieces and get some drsft capital back is the way to go. 

I can't say I am on the Cade train and probably rather have Franz. Cade before his injury, his 3p % was even worse than his rookie year. 

Giddy and Jalen Williams are two really good talents and future All Stars. Jalen is going to be a stud on the wing. 

14 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I know not what being reported but doing a 1v1 really does nothing for the franchise especially if the star is already older. Think we both agree blow it up and start over, get young pieces and get some drsft capital back is the way to go. 

I can't say I am on the Cade train and probably rather have Franz. Cade before his injury, his 3p % was even worse than his rookie year. 

Giddy and Jalen Williams are two really good talents and future All Stars. Jalen is going to be a stud on the wing. 

yeah. Theres a lot of talent out there that you can imagine in a nice package for Embiid. But you know that if it happens itll be for something stupid and nothing any of us wanted.

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

yeah. Theres a lot of talent out there that you can imagine in a nice package for Embiid. But you know that if it happens itll be for something stupid and nothing any of us wanted.

As long as Morey is the GM. I wouldn't expect any package of young players.

Trajan Langdon interviewed for Wiz job even though he is the Pelicans GM right now so he may want President of basketball operations but his track record is good and of course Bob Myers is a FA

Embiid is great...he's the MVP.  All NBA teams would love to add him.  All NBA teams would try to muster up some assets to trade for him.  BUT...what NBA with high upside buildable assets that potentially project as cornerstones for a fresh window of opportunity would scratch all of that for the immediate boost of a player who has proven to not be a winner in the playoffs?

If you've just assembled lots of pieces and completed your own process, why would you wipe that away for a guy that won't carry your team in the playoffs?  And I'm sure a team like the Warriors would love to add Embiid as a surrounding piece, but what the heck would those types of teams have to offer?

It's never going to work.

2 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Embiid is great...he's the MVP.  All NBA teams would love to add him.  All NBA teams would try to muster up some assets to trade for him.  BUT...what NBA with high upside buildable assets that potentially project as cornerstones for a fresh window of opportunity would scratch all of that for the immediate boost of a player who has proven to not be a winner in the playoffs?

If you've just assembled lots of pieces and completed your own process, why would you wipe that away for a guy that won't carry your team in the playoffs?  And I'm sure a team like the Warriors would love to add Embiid as a surrounding piece, but what the heck would those types of teams have to offer?

Dame would disagree 

One of the reasons I bring up Chet is they would still have: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Josh, Giddy, and Jalen WIlliams. Add Embiid to that, they are going to go from a young building team waiting for young players to mature, to an instant contender.

And Embiid doesnt have to be a loser there. They dont have to play his slow, antequated stule of ball. They can let those perimeter players control the game, and let him focus on defense and rim protection. They dont need him to take over games and carry their team on offense. Changing his role plays in to the winning formula, and they still have plenty of those high upside buildable assets in a fresh window like you talk about.

That makes them a reallllly good team. And instead of waiting for Chet to get healthy, and then develop a year or 2, they have Giddy and Shai who are probably ready to start contending now, with an established vet who accelerates everything for them.

We take on some risk with Chet. But his upside is enough that he can be a player worthy of a 1 for 1 swap of Embiid. Whereas, you arent going to get any players that are already in that category.

7 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Dame would disagree 

This is true too. Other than the opportunity that I believe can exist in OKC, there are always teams who are trying to make big moves to appease their big stars and convince them to stay. Those teams are looking for win now moves. Not looking for the young buildable players with fresh windows of opportunity. Their stars force them in to making star moves.

Pretty sure nurse is taking either the suns job or the sixers job 

Warriors have to be going with their core one more year then blow it up with Kerr retiring because Atkinson should have a job.