**Official 76ers 2023-2024 Season Thread**

mr_hunt

45 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Lillard is a pipe dream. They don’t have the assets to make it work. Unless lillard just demands to go to Philly and no where else. Unfortunately i think Miami would be in play. As well as the Knicks (don’t think he and Brunson are great fits either). 

Agreed that the only way we get Lillard is if he demands to come only here, which seems unlikely. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Right4thePicking said:

Lillard is to old and is not the Answer

The truth is that there probably isn't a right answer and no matter what they do to prolong this run with Embiid won't work and they will end up blowing up this team and starting over.  It's mostly a matter of acceptance at this point.

• Like 2

I've been pondering the options if say,  Harden walks, we renounce all of our free agents and end up with about 16M in cap space. 

What does a guy like Austin Reeves command on the free agent market?

He's a lead guard who can score. Pretty much replaces exactly what Harden gives you right now. 

Then anything you can flip Harris for (preferably athletic wing and a pick or 2) is gravy.

That first tweet lol. BS

Darryl with the murder of doc in  Joshua Harris office with luxury tax money 

morey calling eskin "trent crimm" was the highlight of the presser. 

• Haha 1

Well can start being mad at himself cause he’s a major reason why it happened 

2 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

F eskin. He bashes the process at every turn but the sixers even for their second round disasters is sadly still one of their best eras of sixers basketball in the last 35 years. the thing is the Sixers were eventually going to be bad and go into a tank. The Sixers just started it way sooner than what they probably would’ve had to do and went way more in depth to get as much assets as they could for the process. The process in theory isn’t a bad idea. Heck the spurs just did it this past year. The way the Sixers executed the process was an epic disaster

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

B!!!!!

Scenario B is we are Fed either way lol 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

• Haha 1

Ok. I give credit to Morey for going to ownership and calling for Doc's firing. 

I have thought Morey is an absolute fraud here. But I do remember early on he or Doc saying Morey would bring up trade possibiities, and Doc would veto them.

So, maybe Doc had too much say in the signings and trades.

Im willing to give Morey a clean slate for this offseason.

18 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Ok. I give credit to Morey for going to ownership and calling for Doc's firing. 

I have thought Morey is an absolute fraud here. But I do remember early on he or Doc saying Morey would bring up trade possibiities, and Doc would veto them.

So, maybe Doc had too much say in the signings and trades.

Im willing to give Morey a clean slate for this offseason.

Also went into about embiid was upset with doc firing but also discussed he was upset about a trade they made cause he liked the player and morey had to convince him of the player he was getting in return. I’m guessing this wasn’t Ben Simmons lol but probably thybulle 

With 16 M, or a max slot open, there are free agents potentially to be had. Looking at guys who arent stars but could be good signings

Jerami Grant

Kuzma (player option)

D'Angelo Russell

Poeltl

Jordan Clarkson (player option)

Cameron Johnson (Restricted). Tobi sign and trade candidate?

Harrison Barnes

Dillon Brooks

Austin Reaves (Restricted)

Christian Wood

Josh Hart (player option)

PJ Washington (restricted) Tobi sign and trade candidate?

Malik Beasley (team option)

Naz Reid

Tre Jones (restricted)

Thomas Bryant

Jevon Carter (player option)

Jae Crowder

Lonnie Walker

Horton-Tucker (player option)

Alec Burks (team option)

Patrick Beverly

Terrence Ross

Dario Saric

Justin Holiday

I think if you keep the team mostly intact and get 2 of those with the 16 million, youve done well.

If you have the max slot, and you can get 3 of those on 2-3 year deals, you can do really well.

MDA moving on up in the odds 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Also went into about embiid was upset with doc firing but also discussed he was upset about a trade they made cause he liked the player and morey had to convince him of the player he was getting in return. I’m guessing this wasn’t Ben Simmons lol but probably thybulle 

yeah Thybulle is the one that makes sense.

Embiid really struggles with the business side, and personal relationships. 

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

With 16 M, or a max slot open, there are free agents potentially to be had. Looking at guys who arent stars but could be good signings

Jerami Grant

Kuzma (player option)

D'Angelo Russell

Poeltl

Jordan Clarkson (player option)

Cameron Johnson (Restricted). Tobi sign and trade candidate?

Harrison Barnes

Dillon Brooks

Austin Reaves (Restricted)

Christian Wood

Josh Hart (player option)

PJ Washington (restricted) Tobi sign and trade candidate?

Malik Beasley (team option)

Naz Reid

Tre Jones (restricted)

Thomas Bryant

Jevon Carter (player option)

Jae Crowder

Lonnie Walker

Horton-Tucker (player option)

Alec Burks (team option)

Patrick Beverly

Terrence Ross

Dario Saric

Justin Holiday

I think if you keep the team mostly intact and get 2 of those with the 16 million, youve done well.

If you have the max slot, and you can get 3 of those on 2-3 year deals, you can do really well.

This is where I pulled the names from. Seems to be a pretty comprehensive list.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/2023-nba-free-agent-rankings-top-players-available-summer/

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

yeah Thybulle is the one that makes sense.

Embiid really struggles with the business side, and personal relationships. 

Honestly, the thing that irritates me with Embiid being upset about Doc Rivers being fired is that if Embiid does his job in the fourth quarter of game six or shows up for game seven then Doc Rivers wouldn’t be in that position. Doc Rivers even being in that position at all falls on Joel Embiid not Fing doing his job well. Like if you want to be upset at anybody, look in the Fing mirror. We are at this point cause of you and James harden. 

• Like 1

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Honestly, the thing that irritates me with Embiid being upset about Doc Rivers being fired is that if Embiid does his job in the fourth quarter of game six or shows up for game seven then Doc Rivers wouldn’t be in that position. Doc Rivers even being in that position at all falls on Joel Embiid not Fing doing his job well. Like if you want to be upset at anybody, look in the Fing mirror. We are at this point cause of you and James harden. 

Maybe he knows that, and that makes it hurt more.

But this guy said he almost retired because Redick left. He was so tight with Butler and unhappy how that went down (as we all were). Upset about Doc firing. Upset with Thybulle trade... Everyone liked Thybulle, but he sucked and had to go.

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Maybe he knows that, and that makes it hurt more.

But this guy said he almost retired because Redick left. He was so tight with Butler and unhappy how that went down (as we all were). Upset about Doc firing. Upset with Thybulle trade... Everyone liked Thybulle, but he sucked and had to go.

Not talked about enough is when Tatum was destroying the sixers in game 7 (even 4th quarter of game 6 when tobias was cooked by that point and wasn’t scoring anyway) why not try to use mcdaniels and hope he gives you a house type of energy. Likely doesn’t work but at that point had nothing to lose with how it was going.