Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official 76ers Offseason Thread**

Featured Replies

Thats really werid how the ball rotates on a tilted axis off his hand but he appears to be a great shooter.

  • Replies 13.8k
  • Views 423.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

some discussion on Bailey


I like Tre Johnson’s offensive game a lot. I think he’ll stick in the nba cause of it. but like what was said his defense is not just bad but horrifically bad. He could be an average defender but really it comes down to the want to on that end of the floor. I’m not sure you can get that out of him or teach it into him.

I think the sixers should take the best available player that they have ranked regardless of position. I don’t think you can count on Embiid being the player he was and you are just stuck with PG. Probably not going to be 5th worse record this upcoming season and somewhere like middle of the pack. But i think in 2-3 years there’s a realm where Maxey wants to be traded to a contender, PG is gone/expiring contract and you can shape the team in any which way. So take the best player with the most upside and hope they pan out.

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I like Tre Johnson’s offensive game a lot. I think he’ll stick in the nba cause of it. but like what was said his defense is not just bad but horrifically bad. He could be an average defender but really it comes down to the want to on that end of the floor. I’m not sure you can get that out of him or teach it into him.

I think the sixers should take the best available player that they have ranked regardless of position. I don’t think you can count on Embiid being the player he was and you are just stuck with PG. Probably not going to be 5th worse record this upcoming season and somewhere like middle of the pack. But i think in 2-3 years there’s a realm where Maxey wants to be traded to a contender, PG is gone/expiring contract and you can shape the team in any which way. So take the best player with the most upside and hope they pan out.

Bailey probably has the most upside. But is also more risk.

Im really intrigued by trying to get a few of Brooklyn's 4 picks starting with #8. But any trade down really to accumulate more assets.

To still get a Kon, Maluach, Queen, Lithuanian guy, + assets is what this team needs for the future rebuild years.

If they are really comfortable with Bailey, then thats better. But if not I think trade down is the way to go.

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

Bailey probably has the most upside. But is also more risk.

Im really intrigued by trying to get a few of Brooklyn's 4 picks starting with #8. But any trade down really to accumulate more assets.

To still get a Kon, Maluach, Queen, Lithuanian guy, + assets is what this team needs for the future rebuild years.

If they are really comfortable with Bailey, then thats better. But if not I think trade down is the way to go.

Tbh if they were trading down I’d like a pick in this year’s draft and I’d like a pick in a future draft that has limited or no protections in it.

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Tbh if they were trading down I’d like a pick in this year’s draft and I’d like a pick in a future draft that has limited or no protections in it.

Im so intrigued by Brooklyn's 4 picks. If you can get 2 or 3 of them. Use #8, and trade one for a potentially better future 1st.

Atlanta has 2 1st rounders as well.

9 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Im so intrigued by Brooklyn's 4 picks. If you can get 2 or 3 of them. Use #8, and trade one for a potentially better future 1st.

Atlanta has 2 1st rounders as well.

Tbh I’d be happy if we got 8, 26 and our 2027 pick back (has top 8 protection) from Brooklyn. Could use 26 and 35 to move up a few spots if you really want someone.

so his trade was 19, 27, cam Johnson for oubre, Drummond, 3

10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

so his trade was 19, 27, cam Johnson for oubre, Drummond, 3

Thats sorta nice for the 6ers considering the cap space left to try to retain Grimes and Yabu as well.

But you also have to consider how nice you are bring to Brooklyn, an Eastern Conference foe. Letting them have 3 AND 8. 2 top 10 picks in a strong draft. Further, some people think Ace can become the best player in this draft class. Youre giving them the highest potential player in the draft, and letting them keep their best pick in that trade.

Ill do a version of that trade, but Id like 8 back.

42 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Thats sorta nice for the 6ers considering the cap space left to try to retain Grimes and Yabu as well.

But you also have to consider how nice you are bring to Brooklyn, an Eastern Conference foe. Letting them have 3 AND 8. 2 top 10 picks in a strong draft. Further, some people think Ace can become the best player in this draft class. Youre giving them the highest potential player in the draft, and letting them keep their best pick in that trade.

Ill do a version of that trade, but Id like 8 back.

I would have to get eight back in that deal. I’m not giving up #3 and not getting that pick in there. Tbh i like cam but giving up that pick i rather have cam, 8 and 27. I have picked 35. I kind of think from 25 to about 40. There’s gonna be a ton of guys in that range that I don’t think are all that much different from each other in terms of ceiling of a prospect. i think cam and 8 for 3 if nets love bailey or VJ is solid both teams. I get cap wise is harder on sixers but i don’t like moving from 3 to 19. There’s a significant drop off for a guaranteed contract

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I would have to get eight back in that deal. I’m not giving up #3 and not getting that pick in there. Tbh i like cam but giving up that pick i rather have cam, 8 and 27. I have picked 35. I kind of think from 25 to about 40. There’s gonna be a ton of guys in that range that I don’t think are all that much different from each other in terms of ceiling of a prospect. i think cam and 8 for 3 if nets love bailey or VJ is solid both teams. I get cap wise is harder on sixers but i don’t like moving from 3 to 19. There’s a significant drop off for a guaranteed contract

agreed.

do it Daryl.

3 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I would have to get eight back in that deal. I’m not giving up #3 and not getting that pick in there. Tbh i like cam but giving up that pick i rather have cam, 8 and 27. I have picked 35. I kind of think from 25 to about 40. There’s gonna be a ton of guys in that range that I don’t think are all that much different from each other in terms of ceiling of a prospect. i think cam and 8 for 3 if nets love bailey or VJ is solid both teams. I get cap wise is harder on sixers but i don’t like moving from 3 to 19. There’s a significant drop off for a guaranteed contract

I want pick 8 or nope

Went back and Listened to the RTRS with Morey on and it sounded like Morey didn't think Yabu was going to be back. With cap reasons with the 3rd pick kind of makes sense unless they trade out

For those questioning Bailey, because Rutgers couldnt win with 2 top 5 talents on their roster, here's a stat that says his presence did elevate the team.

image.png

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

For those questioning Bailey, because Rutgers couldnt win with 2 top 5 talents on their roster, here's a stat that says his presence did elevate the team.

image.png

Bailey is not enormous, he is a tiny 201,and he still was negative while on court. Maybe it was the coaching who let him play AAU basketball or lack of depth around him and Harper but at the end of the day not even getting to 0.500 in Big10 play is something

12 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Bailey is not enormous, he is a tiny 201,and he still was negative while on court. Maybe it was the coaching who let him play AAU basketball or lack of depth around him and Harper but at the end of the day not even getting to 0.500 in Big10 play is something

I believe that was a Givony quote. Maybe the agent is paying him to talk up his size, because Givony is always all over the combine and would know if Bailey is, or is not enormous.

That does sound like hyperbole since Bailey measured in less than his listed height.

But as is pointed out in the video above, hes still going to be like 6'9'' with shoes, and a 7' wing span. So, theres no durant size hype with him, but I think people have gone overboard knocking his size because of that. He is not an undersized player. Size should not be one of the knocks against him. He is also only 18, and will still grow. Youre going to end up with a guy who is 6'10'' with shoes on. Thats big.

The 6ers have had SGs playing SF. It would be nice to have a guy with legit wing size.

They will out smart themselves again with that #3 spot just like they did with the Tatum/Fultz draft and watch Baily end up being the next great thing they give up for another headcase

He should be fired

44 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

He should be fired

I have no problem with a small trade down. Hopefully that's all they're considering.

On 5/16/2025 at 12:16 PM, HazletonEagle said:

agreed.

do it Daryl.

Horrible idea

Keep seeing Markkanen trade speculation again. Including a trade with the 6ers for pick 3.

3 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Keep seeing Markkanen trade speculation again. Including a trade with the 6ers for pick 3.

Haven’t heard anything with markkanen like in the past from Arizona coaches I’m friends with. I wouldn’t be surprised if Utah would do it to move up the draft if they love VJ or Bailey. However i tend to think if they are taking PG back (to make it work has to be) then it’s likely going to be markkanen and 21 for 3 and PG. I don’t see ainge giving up 5 and Markenan for 3 and PG

  • Author

if there’s any truth to these rumors about them shopping #3 for a vet, they must actually believe jo has something left…which is a huge mistake.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.