June 12, 20251 yr 10 minutes ago, Blazehound said:Harper?That would be my guess. I also think if San Antonio is actually trying moving back they don’t want another guard and trying to get more assets by doing it. Hard time believing SA would move back though I’d much rather have Harper than whoever at 3 and tbh maybe they are willing to move back to 3 get more assets then move back down again with someone like pelicans at 7 for more assets and a player like Murphy or herb jones
June 12, 20251 yr 3 minutes ago, Khani1 said:How good is Harper? Is he head and shoulders above Ace?He’s better than Ace but he’s also a guard and can run the point. The thing is his floor is likely of a solid nba player and in shoes is 6’6 with 6’10 wing span so he can pair with Maxey and bring McCain off bench as a 6 man or eventually if you need a wing deal McCain to acquire it. his ceiling is of an nba all star type point guard. Ace i think the floor is much lower but if Ace reaches his top potential his ceiling is super high.
June 12, 20251 yr Daryl will overpay to get to 2 to draft Ace who will then end up being a bust. But he will trade up so NO can't jump us to snag him first.
June 12, 20251 yr 26 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:That's a beautiful deal if it is actually true.
June 12, 20251 yr 52 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:How could they even make the money work?Saw somewhere would have to get a third team involved most likely
June 12, 20251 yr 43 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:That's a beautiful deal if it is actually true.I wouldn't move the pick to get off PG. Just draft the guy you want and hope to trick a team to take PG during the deadline or next off season
June 12, 20251 yr 1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:I wouldn't move the pick to get off PG. Just draft the guy you want and hope to trick a team to take PG during the deadline or next off seasonIt looked like Brooklyn would be sending assets, PLUS taking the George contract. Im all for adding extra picks and getting rid of bad contracts. My preference remains a trade down in this draft.I do think Morey is more likely to move up and screw it up. I bet he will move up and draft Ace or VJ at 2. Which will be universally hated since the entire world has Harper as the #2 prospect this year.
June 12, 20251 yr 2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:Multiple firsts doesn’t sound greatIf that were the case, we better be getting some good players in return. Not just pick 2.
June 13, 20251 yr 12 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:Multiple firsts doesn’t sound great13 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:It looked like Brooklyn would be sending assets, PLUS taking the George contract. Im all for adding extra picks and getting rid of bad contracts. My preference remains a trade down in this draft.I do think Morey is more likely to move up and screw it up. I bet he will move up and draft Ace or VJ at 2. Which will be universally hated since the entire world has Harper as the #2 prospect this year.Only asset they have is Cam Johnson and he is nothing special for a wing. If move the pick get a guy that runs the same timeline as Maxey, in Trey Murphy type. Drafting Ace I feel like you are running 3 timelines with PG/Embiid, Maxey, and the Ace. With VJ you are getting everything on the defensive end until he can better fill a role until he develops moreYou hope moving to two is a smoke screen or he should be fired.
June 13, 20251 yr 24 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:Only asset they have is Cam Johnson and he is nothing special for a wing. If move the pick get a guy that runs the same timeline as Maxey, in Trey Murphy type.Drafting Ace I feel like you are running 3 timelines with PG/Embiid, Maxey, and the Ace. With VJ you are getting everything on the defensive end until he can better fill a role until he develops moreYou hope moving to two is a smoke screen or he should be fired.Id take all of Brooklyn first round picks this year though.I think he looking to move to 2 for Ace Bailey.
June 14, 20251 yr The two title teams both have absolute dogs on the defensive end at the point of attack. I bet that helps VJ and how he is viewed as the draft nears.
June 14, 20251 yr If the sixers had to stay at 3 then i think the pick is likely VJ at the moment. However i also don’t think they necessarily want to stay at 3. I kind of think the Sixers would ideally love to move back to 5-7 range if they get assets like future first round picks, pick swaps, and even a young player like they acquired with grimes. Also Vecenie laid it out by moving from 3 to 6 it also saves the sixers about $3 mil and if you can unload some guys like Gordon and Drummond in those trades can shed like $11.5 mil able to potentially help keep yabusele and grimes. I think the spurs rumor is BS that you just hear around draft time that really is unlikely.
June 14, 20251 yr Im out on Yabu. He is a very good player on a winning team at age 29. We won’t be a "winning” team for at least 3 years.
June 14, 20251 yr 32 minutes ago, Khani1 said:Im out on Yabu. He is a very good player on a winning team at age 29. We won’t be a "winning” team for at least 3 years.I try to bring him back on a decent contract. If the sixers stink again, I think when you get to the trade deadline his contract is likely going to be movable, title contending teams would want him and you can get some assets for him. That said i think he leaves
June 15, 20251 yr After that Bane trade, we got no shot at Trey Murphy. The stupid Knicks messed up trade value in the nba.Edit: I blame us actually. If we kept Bridges, none of this would be happening.
June 15, 20251 yr 56 minutes ago, Khani1 said:After that Bane trade, we got no shot at Trey Murphy. The stupid Knicks messed up trade value in the nba.Edit: I blame us actually. If we kept Bridges, none of this would be happening.Helps down the road if the Sixers have to or want to deal Maxey with how the market is for dealing a player. I still think there’s some sort of discussion going on between the pelicans and teams sitting ahead of them. The pelicans news comes out saying they really want a Bailey. Not sure why the pelicans want that released so I’m guessing someone talking with the pelicans. Then the Sixers a day later has a release they really like VJ and would take him at 3. Also the Sixers shouldn’t want that put out there. I think it was to drive the value up on 3 by saying we love this kid and willing to keep the pick to take him so better over pay if you want to move up. Then a 2 days later report comes out about what the pelicans want for Murphy in a trade. Imo i think teams ahead of them in the draft know they want to move up and likely shooting for the stars with asking for 7 and Murphy to move down.
Create an account or sign in to comment