Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official 76ers Offseason Thread**

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

What other assets does NO have to give up to make that work? It’s 2026 first? I’d want it unprotected.

  • Replies 13.8k
  • Views 423.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Blazehound said:

What other assets does NO have to give up to make that work? It’s 2026 first? I’d want it unprotected.

I’m guessing it would be 7th pick and someone like herb jones or trey Murphy

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m guessing it would be 7th pick and someone like herb jones or trey Murphy

Pass

1 hour ago, ToastJenkins said:

Pass

Hard pass

5 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Hard pass

Harderer pass

I’d probably ask for a 2028 first top 3 protected that if it doesn’t convert in 2028 that in 2029 it becomes unprotected if the pelicans just absolutely love Bailey and the Sixers don’t love anyone at 3. Imo I’d love to get Trey Murphy. I think he can be a building block as he’s only 24. I also don’t mind moving to 7 depending on who’s there. I’d do this deal if the pelicans offered it

IMG_4951.jpeg

Tbh i could totally see the Sixers going Tre Johnson at 3 and fans losing their minds about it.

58 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’d probably ask for a 2028 first top 3 protected that if it doesn’t convert in 2028 that in 2029 it becomes unprotected if the pelicans just absolutely love Bailey and the Sixers don’t love anyone at 3. Imo I’d love to get Trey Murphy. I think he can be a building block as he’s only 24. I also don’t mind moving to 7 depending on who’s there. I’d do this deal if the pelicans offered it

IMG_4951.jpeg

Tbh i could totally see the Sixers going Tre Johnson at 3 and fans losing their minds about it.

No to Trey Murphy. Justin Edwards is 3 years younger, the same size and has a higher ceiling….for $23 million dollars less a year.

4 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

No to Trey Murphy. Justin Edwards is 3 years younger, the same size and has a higher ceiling….for $23 million dollars less a year.

I like Justin Edwards but I think you’re putting a lot of eggs in the basket thinking Edwards is going to reach what Murphy did this past year. Murphy averaged 21-5-3.5 last year and 38.3% from 3 in his career. Add on if Edwards becomes as good as Murphy then I can always trade Murphy because he’s going to have good value as he’s still young and decent contract

Tbh I’d love to have Maxey, Murphy, 7th overall pick and that player you see with Edwards all be starters and bring McCain off the bench as our 6th man. Especially if we somehow got the clippers, our pick and pelicans in 2028.

Im not in love with trading with the Pelicans. Moving down to 7 feels to far.

If you do it, you HAVE to be getting Trey Murphy or else theres no redeeming quality about that trade at all.

You might even want to have a PG for Zion bad contract swap just to put some perceived upside in there to sweeten the deal, even if the upside is never realized.

At 7, who are we drafting? I guess my preference would be for Maluach there.

I kinda like a trade to 5 with the Jazz better for Lauri, and draft Kon. The shooting with Maxey, McCain, Kon, and Lauri would be superb.

7 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Im not in love with trading with the Pelicans. Moving down to 7 feels to far.

If you do it, you HAVE to be getting Trey Murphy or else theres no redeeming quality about that trade at all.

You might even want to have a PG for Zion bad contract swap just to put some perceived upside in there to sweeten the deal, even if the upside is never realized.

At 7, who are we drafting? I guess my preference would be for Maluach there.

I kinda like a trade to 5 with the Jazz better for Lauri, and draft Kon. The shooting with Maxey, McCain, Kon, and Lauri would be superb.

At 7 i think it’s someone of maluach, Kon (if there), Carter Bryant, Murray-boyles ( remember reading he’s an analytics that Morey like) or Queen

Tbh i only do a deal with pelicans if im getting Murphy, 7 and a future first or first round swaps. I think the extra picks/swaps comes in handy down the road in team building. especially if you aren’t in love with anyone at 3 and have guys from 3-8 ranked similarly

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I like Justin Edwards but I think you’re putting a lot of eggs in the basket thinking Edwards is going to reach what Murphy did this past year. Murphy averaged 21-5-3.5 last year and 38.3% from 3 in his career. Add on if Edwards becomes as good as Murphy then I can always trade Murphy because he’s going to have good value as he’s still young and decent contract

Tbh I’d love to have Maxey, Murphy, 7th overall pick and that player you see with Edwards all be starters and bring McCain off the bench as our 6th man. Especially if we somehow got the clippers, our pick and pelicans in 2028.

I didn’t follow him at all last year but watching some highlights and his dribbling got a lot better it appears. You are probably right, I love over-rating our guys! Maybe Edwards is Ricky Council’ing me 😂

Tre Johnson is the 2nd best player in the draft. Elite shooter with great quickness.

14 hours ago, SB52 said:

Tre Johnson is the 2nd best player in the draft. Elite shooter with great quickness.

Doesnt he play no defense?

18 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Doesnt he play no defense?

That’s the knock against him. He was just a freshman, though. He’s physically able to do it.

His ability to score the basketball is completely insane. "Best player in the league” type offensive upside.

44 minutes ago, SB52 said:

That’s the knock against him. He was just a freshman, though. He’s physically able to do it.

His ability to score the basketball is completely insane. "Best player in the league” type offensive upside.

Sounds like silly hyperbole

image.png

It would be incredibly idiotic to let teams know you like VJ at 3. So anyone who wanted to trade up for Acy now knows they dont need to.

I certainly hope VJ is only an option if they trade down to like 5.

image.png

3 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Doesnt he play no defense?

Understatement is he plays no defense. His analytics were god awful on that end. He’s a really good shooter and has a high ceiling offensive upside. Like really good. If you get him to be an average defender and his offensive game translates he has a chance to be the best player taken from 3-10 range. However there’s a chance his defense never comes around and his offense is good. Which then he’d basically be like cam Thomas.

Not going to lie feels like the VJ stuff being out out there was done for a reason. I don’t think they’d leak this out unintentionally which makes me feel Like it may be a misdirection or increase value of 3rd pick. Maybe if they show they love VJ that much then they want that much more value for 3rd pick and that a team like pelicans who love Bailey knows the hornets would take him at 4 they’ll have to give up more to make the Sixers move off it.

Also

Or run double big with Embiid and Maluach. Embiid can pick and pop while Maluach can be the rim runner.

On 6/10/2025 at 1:07 PM, Khani1 said:

No to Trey Murphy. Justin Edwards is 3 years younger, the same size and has a higher ceiling….for $23 million dollars less a year.

Trey Murphy is everything this teams and still able to pick another awesome player with the #7 pick. That is a win trade. Maluach will probably be there at 7.

The 2nd half of last year for Murphy was borderline All Star and he is Controllable until '29 at 29 a year.

Why did Rutgers miss the tourney and basically stink the entire season with 2 top talents? I guess I'm haunted by the ghost of Ben Simmons but I'm wary of guys on teams like that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.