June 3, 20251 yr 3 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:I would have took him years ago. Think Embiid needed tough love. Now it’s too late.
June 3, 20251 yr Thats interesting... I dont think Thibodeau was the reason they didnt win this year. He took them to the conference finals, and they just didnt match up with Indiana. Teams just cant keep up with Indiana. I dont think a different coach makes NY a faster team. They have the guys they have. I guess the thinking is that maybe someone who uses more of a rotation keeps the starters fresher to run in the post season? But then theyre probably getting a lesser coach. I think he deserved a couple more cracks at it.
June 3, 20251 yr The Knicks are the Flyers of the NBA. Terrible ownership. Inept management Delusional fans Hasn't won anything in 50 years.
June 4, 20251 yr 2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:Thats interesting... I dont think Thibodeau was the reason they didnt win this year. He took them to the conference finals, and they just didnt match up with Indiana. Teams just cant keep up with Indiana. I dont think a different coach makes NY a faster team. They have the guys they have.I guess the thinking is that maybe someone who uses more of a rotation keeps the starters fresher to run in the post season? But then theyre probably getting a lesser coach.I think he deserved a couple more cracks at it.Agree with this sentiment. Feels like a scapegoat move for not making it to the Finals but the timing as you mentioned just doesn't make sense.This is the furthest the Knicks have went in the playoffs in recent history and the response is to fire the coach instead of looking at how to build from the current roster? I also think they're gonna regret this move.
June 4, 20251 yr 4 hours ago, iladelphxx said:👀She doesn't skip leg day. She just skips right leg day.
June 4, 20251 yr 15 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:Agree with this sentiment. Feels like a scapegoat move for not making it to the Finals but the timing as you mentioned just doesn't make sense.This is the furthest the Knicks have went in the playoffs in recent history and the response is to fire the coach instead of looking at how to build from the current roster? I also think they're gonna regret this move.Tbh feels like this decision was made during pistons then flipped during series then Celtics and then made again after losing to the pacers back to back years.Pistons gave them all they could handle and frankly a better officiated game that series might have finished different. I thought that was a bad look for the Knicks. They should’ve handled the pistons much easier than what they made it look. Then when they beat Boston it felt like it likely gave him another year as he got to the ECF.But I’m guessing Dolan wasn’t thrilled with how the pacers series went from coaching and players performance. They were the favorites. They choked game 1. Dolan likely viewed it as he’s not going to blow up the team as they probably believe they showed capable of beating the Celtics (who before Tatum injury were best team in the east and the defending champion). Dolan looked at it like Carlisle out-coached the Knicks (beat Knicks last year too which probably didn’t help things even though Knicks were decimated) so if he isn’t blowing up the team the big change would have to be changing the coach.Also tend to think Malone being available probably pushed this too. I think Dolan views him Malone as an upgrade and may not be available next year.I’d add the Knicks were 2-9 vs. cavs, Celtics and pacers regular season (0-8 vs cavs and Celtics). Pacers series looked more like the Knicks did regular season against those top teams. Even Celtics series it took 2 20+ point blown games by the Celtics, porzingis being injured (not surprising) then Tatum finally getting hurt to win it.
June 4, 20251 yr 19 hours ago, iladelphxx said:👀You just know the Kate Scott’s of the WNBA would love to eat her up.
June 6, 20251 yr 10 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:What a game 1.hopefully this finals is better than the last two
June 6, 20251 yr I dont know why but i absolutely hate the Pacers... Maybe the Reggie Miller era did it to me
June 6, 20251 yr Author On 6/4/2025 at 9:23 PM, DaEagles4Life said:too bad playmaking can’t really be developed…that’s where they need him to improve.
June 6, 20251 yr 1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:too bad playmaking can’t really be developed…that’s where they need him to improve.It definitely can. Everyone talks about Harden as some great PG. It took him till his 5th year in the league to even hit 5 assists per game.He started with 1.8 as a rookie.It took him till year 7 to average 7 per game. And he wasn't consistently at 10 per game till year 13.Pass first PGs barely exist in the league anymore. Most "PG"s are scoring guards initially who developed their playmaking.Back in the day PG wasn't even Hardens position. He was a SG.
June 8, 20251 yr I saw a thing on facebook about Lowry returning to Toronto for 1 year and retiring. Not sure if true though. Free agency obviously hasnt begun. Probably too good to be true.
June 9, 20251 yr I see a lot of people on social media including Joel in their starting 5 this year or including him in the future of this team in general. And then basing our draft decision on Joel being available. Geniuses these guys are. PG should be included when talking about this year’s lineups but only because we won’t be able to get rid of him. Joel is more cooked than a turkey left in the oven at 500 degrees for 5 hours. Let him go already.
Create an account or sign in to comment