Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official 76ers Offseason Thread**

Featured Replies

  • Replies 13.8k
  • Views 422.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

I’ve heard John Collins mentioned as a possibility for the Sixers. not a rim protector but they could do worse.

vid I just posted mentioned John Collins PF, and Jack Landale C as options in free agency

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

Maxey: leads nba in minutes played

VJ: leads all rookies in minutes played

Sixers’ fans: I can’t believe they drafted a guard!!! 🤬

Don’t have a problem with LaBaron. I do think he’s ultimately blocked from being a starter unless something happens with Maxey or Vj. They needed another guard off the bench.

I think the bigger issue I see with the Sixers is that Paul George is about the only wing they have that’s legitimate starting NBA caliber wing. Oubre frankly should be coming off the bench and he’s not a long-term solution to your wing problem. I don’t see Barlow or Edwards ever becoming a starting caliber wing in the NBA. The reason why I would’ve chose Carr over LeBaron is because I need a starting wing for the future and i like his upside more than labaron. Frankly believe VJ and Carr would’ve been really nice tandem together as their defense would grow to be become a huge advantage for us. i also tend to think it’s been harder for the sixers to find legitimate starting wings. It’s frankly why we had to pay PG and oubre is a starter

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Don’t have a problem with LaBaron. I do think he’s ultimately blocked from being a starter unless something happens with Maxey or Vj. They needed another guard off the bench.

I think the bigger issue I see with the Sixers is that Paul George is about the only wing they have that’s legitimate starting NBA caliber wing. Oubre frankly should be coming off the bench and he’s not a long-term solution to your wing problem. I don’t see Barlow or Edwards ever becoming a starting caliber wing in the NBA. The reason why I would’ve chose Carr over LeBaron is because I need a starting wing for the future. Frankly believe VJ and Carr would’ve been really nice tandem together as their defense would grow to be become a huge advantage for us. i also tend to think it’s been harder for the sixers to find legitimate starting wings. It’s frankly why we had to pay PG and oubre is a starter

I have a dream Dalen Terry is in the gym with Maxey and Edgecombe all summer and becomes like a 34-35% 3pt shooter at least. Then he can begin turning in to a Tayshaun Prince type of lanky 3 and D wing.

If we have so much scoring from our guards, we can settle for role players at the wing. But Oubre is not the type Im talking about. He doesnt really excel at anything. Id like to see a role player excel on D. Or, rebounding- Beauchamp is a pretty good rebounder. We need one of those guys to develop so badly.

Barlow is pretty young yet. He has a chance too. Just hope the work ethic is contagious for the whole team.

How the heck did Philon go from 31% to 39% 3pt shooting in one college season? And his 3s werent simple catch and shoot either. Thats insane rapid improvement. Maxey was similar with his pace of improvement. Its possible. We just need it from some wing player.

Gansey said the 6ers would be aggressive today.

I dont know who is worth getting other than Isaiah Evans.

Who do you guys thing?

12 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I have a dream Dalen Terry is in the gym with Maxey and Edgecombe all summer and becomes like a 34-35% 3pt shooter at least. Then he can begin turning in to a Tayshaun Prince type of lanky 3 and D wing.

If we have so much scoring from our guards, we can settle for role players at the wing. But Oubre is not the type Im talking about. He doesnt really excel at anything. Id like to see a role player excel on D. Or, rebounding- Beauchamp is a pretty good rebounder. We need one of those guys to develop so badly.

Barlow is pretty young yet. He has a chance too. Just hope the work ethic is contagious for the whole team.

How the heck did Philon go from 31% to 39% 3pt shooting in one college season? And his 3s werent simple catch and shoot either. Thats insane rapid improvement. Maxey was similar with his pace of improvement. Its possible. We just need it from some wing player.

On Terry that was what everyone hoped for when he was at Arizona then drafted by the bulls. Maybe it does come around but been waiting 4 years for that and he’s still in the same spot when he left Arizona. I also believe they have to pick up his option which it rad was $2.6 mil. I am not sure i see them doing that. Love the kid. He worked hard when he was at Arizona. But the reason why he went higher was a great combine and GMs loved the kid. I know a couple coaches at Arizona thought if he came back for another year he could’ve been a lottery pick as they got him to make a massive jump in one year from where he was with miller to where he got to with coach Lloyd. Unless he pulls an Aaron Gordon where his shot just starts clicking i think he’s going to just bounce around the league.

Oubre is fine if he’s a guy off the bench. He really shouldn’t be a starter on a title team. Beauchamp is basically a lottery ticket. He’s been what he’s been for 4 years in the league. I’m not sure nurse and the sixers are going to develop him more. He got mins here cause frankly we lack depth. There’s a reason 3 of the last 4 nba champions had good wings and depth. Knicks won with OG and Bridges, Celtics with Tatum and brown, warriors had Wiggins play his best basketball with Klay and kuminga.

I think Barlow winds up being a backup. I don’t see him developing into a starter. The better question when is the last wing the sixers truly developed? Robert Covington?

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

On Terry that was what everyone hoped for when he was at Arizona then drafted by the bulls. Maybe it does come around but been waiting 4 years for that and he’s still in the same spot when he left Arizona. I also believe they have to pick up his option which it rad was $2.6 mil. I am not sure i see them doing that. Love the kid. He worked hard when he was at Arizona. But the reason why he went higher was a great combine and GMs loved the kid. I know a couple coaches at Arizona thought if he came back for another year he could’ve been a lottery pick as they got him to make a massive jump in one year from where he was with miller to where he got to with coach Lloyd. Unless he pulls an Aaron Gordon where his shot just starts clicking i think he’s going to just bounce around the league.

Oubre is fine if he’s a guy off the bench. He really shouldn’t be a starter on a title team. Beauchamp is basically a lottery ticket. He’s been what he’s been for 4 years in the league. I’m not sure nurse and the sixers are going to develop him more. He got mins here cause frankly we lack depth. There’s a reason 3 of the last 4 nba champions had good wings and depth. Knicks won with OG and Bridges, Celtics with Tatum and brown, warriors had Wiggins play his best basketball with Klay and kuminga.

I think Barlow winds up being a backup. I don’t see him developing into a starter. The better question when is the last wing the sixers truly developed? Robert Covington?

Wouldnt even say they developed covington. He wasnt with Delaware when we signed him. I think it was Houston's G league team? He came in as a 3 and D and thats all he ever was.

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Wouldnt even say they developed covington. He wasnt with Delaware when we signed him. I think it was Houston's G league team? He came in as a 3 and D and thats all he ever was.

He's about the closest they’ve had. I get that’s an argument against Carr but i thought at worse Carr could be a Covington with much higher upside

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He's about the closest they’ve had. I get that’s an argument against Carr but i thought at worse Carr could be a Covington with much higher upside

I've read how Carr couldnt get off the bench because of poor D and basically quit on his team. Went to Baylor and looked good. But is that best player on a crap team stuff? Like Grimes here at the end of last year?

In pretty happy with Philon over him.

  • Author

if you’re bored…or wfh like me. whistle

  • Author

maxey has really developed since being drafted.

edit…sorry…you were talking about wings. carry on.

  • Author
19 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I've read how Carr couldnt get off the bench because of poor D and basically quit on his team. Went to Baylor and looked good. But is that best player on a crap team stuff? Like Grimes here at the end of last year?

In pretty happy with Philon over him.

I view Rick Barnes loses kids all the time and most get better away from him. They had tobe awaka and couldn’t get him playing well or mins. Talked to awaka (absolutely one of the most polite kids I’ve ever met) he was super frustrated with the entire situation with the coaching staff and usage. He leaves to go to Arizona and he becomes 6th man of the year. Barnes routinely has guys leave that program so I’d be more concerned if i didn’t have a convo with awaka about that. also I know Koa peat had klutch tell him not to play again after he got hurt in February and he almost didn’t come back due to agents advice. He ultimately did but it took a lot of convincing by the staff to do so (his injury was less severe than Carr’s when Carr sat out then left). I’d add Carr played his best against the best of the big 12. He played extremely well against Arizona (only reason that game was actually close— had a coach tell me top 3 best player they faced this year and they faced LaBaron, Acuff, cenac, jefferson, Michigan and etc) and well against Houston, Iowa state, TT and Kansas. The problem Baylor had was they had 2 good players him and yessoufou.

I would also add LaBaron may or may not be able to play defense at the nba level. However i don’t see it if he stays at 176 pounds even ant 6’3 with his wing span. Even maxey is at 200. I could tell you this from an Arizona coach, they said the reason Arizona was able to blow out bama in Birmingham was because they knew burries and Bradley could abuse LeBaron and that backcourt (saw it on film from earlier that season and previous). They had a similar game plan against Arkansas with Acuff. both gifted offensive players but defensively they weren’t there.

This isn’t i hate LaBaron. I like him. i dont see a 3 guard lineup of maxey, vj and LaBaron working either defensively or on the glass. it helps keep Maxey fresher in playoff games and regular season. which is why I get you wanna have another guard and the selection besides value as Carr and LaBaron both were two best guys on the board. However, their wing position is so bad we are hoping terry, beauchamp, edwards or Barlow pans out. I think FA it’s very tough to find the wing you need in their prime and trade wise it’ll cost you a ton (hence asking price with the pelicans for Murphy and jones)

Imo really hope Gansey is talking out of his butt about re-signing grimes. At this point, the roster is not good enough to win a championship until can move PG and Embiid. So you might as well let those minutes go to LaBaron so he can improve over time. If you bring grimes back, you’re only potentially stunting his development as there’s probably a good chance that Nick nurse buries LaBaron instead of playing him like he should.

I love his quick release on those threes. Should translate well so he can make an immediate impact off the bench.

  • Author
38 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I view Rick Barnes loses kids all the time and most get better away from him. They had tobe awaka and couldn’t get him playing well or mins. Talked to awaka (absolutely one of the most polite kids I’ve ever met) he was super frustrated with the entire situation with the coaching staff and usage. He leaves to go to Arizona and he becomes 6th man of the year. Barnes routinely has guys leave that program so I’d be more concerned if i didn’t have a convo with awaka about that. also I know Koa peat had klutch tell him not to play again after he got hurt in February and he almost didn’t come back due to agents advice. He ultimately did but it took a lot of convincing by the staff to do so (his injury was less severe than Carr’s when Carr sat out then left). I’d add Carr played his best against the best of the big 12. He played extremely well against Arizona (only reason that game was actually close— had a coach tell me top 3 best player they faced this year and they faced LaBaron, Acuff, cenac, jefferson, Michigan and etc) and well against Houston, Iowa state, TT and Kansas. The problem Baylor had was they had 2 good players him and yessoufou.

I would also add LaBaron may or may not be able to play defense at the nba level. However i don’t see it if he stays at 176 pounds even ant 6’3 with his wing span. Even maxey is at 200. I could tell you this from an Arizona coach, they said the reason Arizona was able to blow out bama in Birmingham was because they knew burries and Bradley could abuse LeBaron and that backcourt (saw it on film from earlier that season and previous). They had a similar game plan against Arkansas with Acuff. both gifted offensive players but defensively they weren’t there.

This isn’t i hate LaBaron. I like him. i dont see a 3 guard lineup of maxey, vj and LaBaron working either defensively or on the glass. it helps keep Maxey fresher in playoff games and regular season. which is why I get you wanna have another guard and the selection besides value as Carr and LaBaron both were two best guys on the board. However, their wing position is so bad we are hoping terry, beauchamp, edwards or Barlow pans out. I think FA it’s very tough to find the wing you need in their prime and trade wise it’ll cost you a ton (hence asking price with the pelicans for Murphy and jones)

Imo really hope Gansey is talking out of his butt about re-signing grimes. At this point, the roster is not good enough to win a championship until can move PG and Embiid. So you might as well let those minutes go to LaBaron so he can improve over time. If you bring grimes back, you’re only potentially stunting his development as there’s probably a good chance that Nick nurse buries LaBaron instead of playing him like he should.

I won’t pretend to be an expert on Carr but I read that he’s strictly a SG…not really a switchable wing…and has bad handles so he can’t play minutes at PG…but that might be copium. 💉

4 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

I won’t pretend to be an expert on Carr but I read that he’s strictly a SG…not really a switchable wing…and has bad handles so he can’t play minutes at PG…but that might be copium. 💉

His handle needs improving. I’d argue it’s his weakest part of his offensive game. It’s a negative against him. He can play SF. He is 6’6 with shoes on. has a 7’0.75 wingspan, 8’8 standing reach and a 42 vert. So as an athlete i think he can guard 2s and 3s even if hes 1-2 inches shorter. Not ideal but if you believe you can tap into his potential he can be a very good 2/3 defender.

Imo many had him projected as late lottery to 18-19. Imo fell due to what HE described as maturity/character concerns. It’s why i don’t think teams wanted to risk that high in a good draft class.

Tbh he is actually a really good fit with Luka. At 24 it was an excellent value pick for the lakers. I view him as Derrick jones jr athlete but much better shooter. Seem comps to Trey Murphy and vessell don’t love those as much. I can at least understand the Lavine comp

Get me some Baba!! Ba...ba....Ba...ba...Ba...ba!!

So is this second round shot clock unlimited time or what?

When did the Sixers last draft a 2nd rounder that could play?

2 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

When did the Sixers last draft a 2nd rounder that could play?

Isaiah Joe, 2020

Shake Milton, 2018

I just got home. I see we did not get Isaiah Evans. Not sure we should buy a 1st round pick now.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.