Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official 76ers Offseason Thread**

Featured Replies

  • Replies 13.8k
  • Views 422.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

  • Author
On 6/15/2026 at 6:59 AM, CouchKing said:

What is Gansey doing? Sipping coffee all day at the Sixers complex?

be a fountain, not a drain!

  • Author

peat is a complete non shooter…I kind of like cenac from what I’ve seen. don’t want graves at all.

On 6/16/2026 at 4:06 PM, HazletonEagle said:

6'8'' 245. Solid build.

Athletic. Good vert, 3/4 sprint, and lane agility.

Still only 19 years old.

Lacks ideal length for the position.

Shot needs to be rebuilt- nothing new for the 76ers.

Hows the work ethic? How is the intensity level?

The kid is a hard worker. He really loves the game. His family is all Pro athletes. Brother was the LT for saints and Steelers. So he’s gonna work hard, knows what it takes to Make it and he’s a good kid. He’s a winner. I’m sure the sixers love his mentality.

The issue is his shot needed to be completely overhauled. And really they should’ve started doing it when he was in high school knowing that he was always likely one and done. they waited until three weeks before the combine to start doing it. The biggest concerns I have with Koa are that that shot never develops like they want. He can’t just bully guys like he did in HS and college at the nba level. I actually think it’s worse than what Aaron Gordon was when he left Arizona. He was also an underwhelming rebounder at times. Not sure that gets better at nba level given his length and who he’s playing against. I am not sure he has the quickness to guard SF and his size/length against bigger 4s can be an issue.

19 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

peat is a complete non shooter…I kind of like cenac from what I’ve seen. don’t want graves at all.

Cenac was highly ranked going into the season. If he could’ve come out from college would’ve likely been a lottery pick.

worry I have with him, is when he played better teams in college he’d disappear for long stretches of games. The 5 best teams he played against this year were Illinois, Arizona (twice), Iowa state, Texas tech and Tennessee. Was very inconsistent scoring. Usually was effective in the glass. Granted Houston really only had him and their center Tugler rebounding. it worries me when against teams with NBA guys, he puts up 5-4 vs. Arizona or 2-7 against TT. Some of his big rebounding games like against Arizona the first time he had 13 rebounds. the big 12 officials got krivas and awaka (with oeat out) into foul trouble early so had to play some guys they normally never use and dominated guys who aren’t even with Arizona’s team anymore as transferred to lesser program. Meanwhile, when those two and Koa didn’t get in the foul trouble in the second matchup they played, he was a non-factor on the boards.

I think he clearly needs to add strength to play at the NBA. I think that’s gonna take time so i wonder if Nick nurse would actually play him or he could just run rot on the bench

If the Sixers were picking 27 to 30 or even early second round, I think the pick would be Zuby Ejiofor. Guy is relentless and he’s a high motor guy. Could use a guy like that off the bench.

Since the Sixers are picking up 22 I think it comes down to koa peat, cenac and swain. Not sure Swain will be there but if he is, that’s the guy I would take. He’s still 20 years old. the Sixers need a long term wing. I get his shot isn’t there yet but the same could be said with Koa. I think is his further away and he’s gonna have bigger problems guarding his position at the NBA. That said unless klutch is making crap up and putting it out there, feels like a lot of smoke around koa and the sixers.

  • Author
17 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If the Sixers were picking 27 to 30 or even early second round, I think the pick would be Zuby Ejiofor. Guy is relentless and he’s a high motor guy. Could use a guy like that off the bench.

Since the Sixers are picking up 22 I think it comes down to koa peat, cenac and swain. Not sure Swain will be there but if he is, that’s the guy I would take. He’s still 20 years old. the Sixers need a long term wing. I get his shot isn’t there yet but the same could be said with Koa. I think is his further away and he’s gonna have bigger problems guarding his position at the NBA. That said unless klutch is making crap up and putting it out there, feels like a lot of smoke around koa and the sixers.

agreed on zuby. he’s a battler & would fit nicely…but 22 is a bit early for him. I wouldn’t be mad at swain either.

of course they’ll pick another 6’1 guard who can’t defend & we’ll all be pizzed.

  • Author

remembering Sixers’ 1st rounders from the past….

IMG_8949.gif

  • Author

ahhhh….the memories…

IMG_8950.gif

  • Author

🥜🥜 IMG_8951.webp🥜🥜

  • Author

IMG_8952.gif

8 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

agreed on zuby. he’s a battler & would fit nicely…but 22 is a bit early for him. I wouldn’t be mad at swain either.

of course they’ll pick another 6’1 guard who can’t defend & we’ll all be pizzed.

I like Christian Anderson but not for the sixers. . I do think he makes it in the nba either as a nice backup with upside to maybe eventually a starting PG.

I know a lot of people like graves, I just kind of see him pigeon hold as strictly a 4. I also worry about his athleticism at the next level. I really like Swain. I just don’t think he’s gonna be there. I also like Carr of Baylor and I know he’s not gonna be there.

  • Author

it’s wild because they basically need everything. they have no good depth at any position. even a guard like anderson makes sense because their only playable bench guard was a** & might not be re-signed.

Ill say, of course we all want this pick to be a start. But realistically...

With Peat, we dont necessarily need a scorer. I just want a center to be what I have wanted Embiid to become. Rebound, defend, and score on putbacks. A young version of Drummond who was able to be a lob threat and moved better is just fine.

Morey assembled talent in the starting lineup, but he never ever put a complementary team together.

We have perimeter scoring with Maxey and VJ. And, you can always find more of that in any free agent period. I dont mind drafting Evans from Duke to add to that as well. But with Peat, Id just like an athletic big who can actually play like a big. What people hoped Bona could be, and isnt. What people hoped Paul George could be, but isnt...

I dont mind so much if Peat cant shoot. I dont want a big who plays like a guard anymore.

3 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

it’s wild because they basically need everything. they have no good depth at any position. even a guard like anderson makes sense because their only playable bench guard was a** & might not be re-signed.

yeah. theoretically they can take another 6'1'' guard and say, well we needed a PG off the bench for years and years. This finally fills our need.

I just want a guy with a defined role that fits with the team.

By the way, if you need offense from the 4/5 spot maybe Broome takes a step this year and becomes playable for a few minutes.

We have Broome and Barlow in the development pipeline.

Wing or guard could be more of a need unless they really feel they are landing a legit backup big man who can start within the next few years when Embiid is hopefully gone.

4 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

By the way, if you need offense from the 4/5 spot maybe Broome takes a step this year and becomes playable for a few minutes.

We have Broome and Barlow in the development pipeline.

Wing or guard could be more of a need unless they really feel they are landing a legit backup big man who can start within the next few years when Embiid is hopefully gone.

Broome was an absolute waste of a pick

8 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Broome was an absolute waste of a pick

I tend to agree. Thats how I felt about it on draft night and then he never cracked the rotation, unsurprisingly.

But Daryl drafted pretty darn well, so Im leaving a 3% chance Broome surprises me and is a player if Nurse ever gave him some playing time.

Nick Nurse does not develop young players.

On 6/18/2026 at 11:14 AM, mr_hunt said:

🥜🥜 IMG_8951.webp🥜🥜

As bad as the other ones were, this is the one that really pissed me off. I was on vacation somewhere in the mountains. and had next to no cell phone reception where we were and we didn't have a TV, but I was desperately trying to follow the draft on the ESPN app. I went to bed that night thinking that they had drafted Bridges and only found out the next night about the bad news. As much as hindsight lets us say it was a bad pick, there is no other team that wouldn't have taken Simmons with the first pick that year, and they were either getting Fultz or Ball that year- I could have done without giving up the other pick, but would they have been better off with Ball than they were with Fultz?

17 hours ago, NothingClever said:

As bad as the other ones were, this is the one that really pissed me off. I was on vacation somewhere in the mountains. and had next to no cell phone reception where we were and we didn't have a TV, but I was desperately trying to follow the draft on the ESPN app. I went to bed that night thinking that they had drafted Bridges and only found out the next night about the bad news. As much as hindsight lets us say it was a bad pick, there is no other team that wouldn't have taken Simmons with the first pick that year, and they were either getting Fultz or Ball that year- I could have done without giving up the other pick, but would they have been better off with Ball than they were with Fultz?

Fun what if game....what if during that Fultz draft, the Sixers tell the Celtics...we absolutely are taking and love Fultz....and then drafted Tatum. My god how the two franchises fortunes would have changed.

Sounding like Cenac has the most intriguing attributes. Good size. Already 240, not some twig. 7'5'' wing span, athleticism. Supposedly developing offensive game. Offensive rebounder....

  • Author

Yax would be a steal if he falls & they could move up.

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

Yax would be a steal if he falls & they could move up.

If the 6ers draft him, he will look like our version of Chris Webber, or post-Achilles Elton Brand. He will be out of the league as quick as DeJuan Blair.

If some other team drafts him, the injury concerns will never be a factor.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.