EMB Blog: 2023 Camps and Preseason - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

34 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

Probably Calcaterra or Stoll

Marlon Tuipulotu. Plenty of DT on the roster. Jalen Carter can play NT if needed.

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad news to report today. The Phillies don’t have a game. It’s an off day 

spacer.png

11 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Is there anything to the theory that some of Siposs' worst moments came after Kern who had already brought a larger magnifying lens to the position?

Kern sucked real bad.  He left for siposs to return. Everyone redirects pointing to go back to being good and then siposs shanks a couple. Next thing you know the whole image of him changes. 

Definitely something to that.  Also there is something to injury residual hangover making Siposs not 100%, but he was still better than Kern.

4 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Its crazy that going on year 7 Le'Raven has still not signed with the Ravens.

Agreed.  We signed Feagles. 

Get with the program!!

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Sad news to report today. The Phillies don’t have a game. It’s an off day 

spacer.png

What the hell are we gonna talk about then?

Just now, bpac55 said:

What the hell are we gonna talk about then?

Idk it’s gonna be a long day 

Just now, Connecticut Eagle said:

Agreed.  We signed Feagles. 

Get with the program!!

Feagles, Eagles, Steagles... Its a rich history.

Its why Anthony Richardson decided to play football. He did an interpretive dance about it in the last preseason game. 

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Idk it’s gonna be a long day 

I Know What We Can Do I Know What Were Capable Of GIF - I Know What

Why in the world did they cut Tyree Jackson?

5 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Marlon Tuipulotu. Plenty of DT on the roster. Jalen Carter can play NT if needed.

Strongly disagree. You don't put your best 3-tech at a position where he has to eat double teams.

I just realized the Patriots only have 1 QB on the roster an they still have a better QB room than SF.

Just now, just relax said:

Strongly disagree. You don't put your best 3-tech at a position where he has to eat double teams.

I don't think Marlon is even dressing on Sundays. One of the other DT on the team is going to be giving Davis a breather. Plus, how many plays are the Eagles going to have a true NT? 

Carter could do it in a pinch if needed on gameday. I'm not wasting a roster spot on Marlon for the chance be might need a few snaps.

7 hours ago, TEW said:

I guess I should rephrase… I don’t understand not keeping Jackson when we are going with 4 TEs.

Goedert is obviously the starter and a great in-line TE as well as a lethal receiving option.

Albert O and Jackson are both sort of WR tweeners. So for me I would keep both, because they are the second and third most explosive pass catchers we have at the position. Then the 4th guy could be the best blocker/special teamer.

They grabbed who they thought was best.  The way I think about it was it came down to Arnold, Jackson and Ngata for the spot that requires off line blocking, separation, hands.  Then they noted that Denver was waiving Albert O. So they compared him to those three and the cost was a conditional flip of a six for a seven in 2025 (we don’t know what the conditions are).  So pretty low cost for a modest salary increase and a more polished TE that is faster than the other three.  As to keeping three, I think the Eagles like Calcaterra and Stoll more than we do.  Stoll is better at what we ask him to do than Jackson.  We saw that when Dallas went down last year and Jackson didn’t look so hot. (Looking good in the fourth quarter of PS chaos games isn’t a gauge).  

Jackson has played in 14 regular season games for the Eagles with 3 catches for 22 yards on seven targets.  A 42% catch rate. Jack Stoll has played 33 games with 15 receptions on 19 targets with an 79% catch rate.  Calcaterra (with only rookie starts after missing part of training camp) has 5 catches on 9 targets with a 56% catch rate. (His yards per catch are like Goedert’s).  Albert O has 26 games with 54 catches on 73 targets with a 74% catch rate albeit, I admit he slipped last year to Calcaterra level. (Who didn’t slip on the Broncos with the worse coaching match I have seen in years. But that slip, the Broncos TE depth and being in the final year of his contract is probably why he was available, hence conditions on the swap.)

I liked the Jackson experiment and had hopes for it.  But this team has playoff aspirations that suggest and upgrade on Pascal/Jackson was warranted.  Frankly, I am not convinced Jackson outplayed Brady Russell in PS and Arnold did outplay him.  

Your post sounds like you wanted Jackson over Calcaterra on the roster overall and Stoll relegated to 4th TE.  The demotion of Stoll, because of his role in the run offense doesn’t make sense for this team to me.  I see why people want him more involved in the passing game, but in truth in 12 personnel that is rarely his role. (I think he is a better receiving threat than most here do but as a receiving threat, he’s a JAG). But Calcaterra needs to see Albert O as a threat. He is, not sure Jackson was. Quite likely the lesser of Albert O and Calcaterra is inactive, depending on ST’s role(s). The Eagles brought in Arnold to challenge Calcaterra and now Albert O.  That position needs to replace some of Pascal’s snaps.

8 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I Know What We Can Do I Know What Were Capable Of GIF - I Know What

Why in the world did they cut Tyree Jackson?

spacer.png

Take away Phillies talk, Siposs' irrelevant statistical pontification, Random Regular's soliloquies and the aggrandizing of Tyree Jackson. This thread would be chopped to a few pages. Wow! The Eagles must be pretty good folks! Makes me miss all the Hurts hammering and Carson Strong talk. And let's not forget Matt bloviating...

6 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

The Eagles didn't want Jackson over Stoll or Calcaterra, and the Eagles clearly wanted Albert O, being willing to cut the waiver line and make the trade.  Let's put it this way, some folks around here were way more into Jackson than the Eagles seemed to be.

Count me among them.

We knew Jackson was a work in progress. He was also obviously the second most explosive receiving threat we had at TE. I’d rather have him as the 4th TE we are keeping on the roster. Higher upside and more potential for explosive plays this season.

With all the chatter about the Colts not having a player under 30, the Eagles are a VERY young team. Per Reub, the Eagles currently are ranked 12th with an age of 26.15, however, just taking Kelce and BG off the team, makes the average age 25.8 or the 4th youngest team in the NFL.

I know you can't just take guys off the team but this is a VERY young team and is looking to go back to the SB. If these young DL, LB and CB turn in to what we think they can, this team could be good for a very long time.

7 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I don't think Marlon is even dressing on Sundays. One of the other DT on the team is going to be giving Davis a breather. Plus, how many plays are the Eagles going to have a true NT? 

Carter could do it in a pinch if needed on gameday. I'm not wasting a roster spot on Marlon for the chance be might need a few snaps.

I think Marlon dresses and has a decent backup size role. He played more than you think last year, he averaged 26 snaps a game. 

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He was waived/injured and not claimed so he reverts to IR

Oh wise one, can you explain if that is in season IR or season ending IR.  Would think it would be the former, in which case, clever move by Howie.  

I know I am over my daily quota of 13th guy on the practice squad references but I thought this was Le'Raven.

k732v28ng50b1.jpg

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Righhhhhht SI.  Righhhht 

Ahhh yes, the 2023 land of journalists who impost their opinion as facts. Across the board, this is why journalism is dying. Opinions are regarded as facts with no push back but facts are questioned more than ever. 

The Eagles were dressing 6 DTs at the end of last season (Hargrave, Cox, Williams, Davis, Suh, Joseph).

If they continue to show 5-man fronts, expect that to continue as well.

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

With all the chatter about the Colts not having a player under 30, the Eagles are a VERY young team. Per Reub, the Eagles currently are ranked 12th with an age of 26.15, however, just taking Kelce and BG off the team, makes the average age 25.8 or the 4th youngest team in the NFL.

I know you can't just take guys off the team but this is a VERY young team and is looking to go back to the SB. If these young DL, LB and CB turn in to what we think they can, this team could be good for a very long time.

That's weird. Kempski did the same thing and has them 21st

https://www.phillyvoice.com/ranking-nfl-teams-age-after-53-man-cutdowns-2023-edition/

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Injury Settlement comes after they revert to IR. Cleveland was on IR for about a week or two and just signed a settlement on Tuesday so now he's off it. 

Waived/Injured > unclaimed on waivers > reverts to IR > injury settlement > eventually able to re-sign. That's the process of it.

Cleveland move this year is the same move Howie used with Ward last year, IIRC.

Archived