EMB Blog: 2023 Camps and Preseason - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

1 hour ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Absolutely love that movie.  Speaking of off topic, best baseball movies?  I got:

1. Major League

2. Field of Dreams

3. 8 men out

4. 42

5. sandlot

Bull Durham and A League of Their Own are better than all of those

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, vikas83 said:

Marlon is the only viable backup NT -- he will dress. The question will be does Street dress (I'm assuming Ojomo won't). So, we can have 48 active players not counting McKee. Assuming we elevate Siposs and Covey for week 1, we need to deactivate 6 of the 52 (excluding McKee) on the active roster. Here's my best guess:

OL: Fred Johnson - Driscoll fills in at RT if Lane gets hurt, Steen at LT for Mailata. Need to dress 8 OL to have 48 active, so only deactivate 1

TE: Albert O - New guy needs to get up to speed

DT: Ojomo -- too raw to play on gameday

CB: Ringo and Ricks -- Jobe is the outside backup, Goodrich dresses as the backup slot since Maddox is injury prone

That's 5 -- need one more. It's Street or Scott, and I'm guessing they dress Scott. Injuries will impact this after week 1.

STs will impact the Actives list

1 minute ago, mattwill said:

I've been trying to get my 14 year old nephew to watch A League of Their Own but he's being a pain in the arse refusing to because it's not about "real baseball". Have tried like hell to explain to him but he doesn't care. I know he'll love it if he watches it. I've never seen Bull Durham and need to sit down to watch one of these days. 

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

This is a wild stat

Gotta be the best run NFL organization of all time.

1 hour ago, Texas Eagle said:

Hilarious coming from you of all people

I don’t do takes.  I throw out ideas for discussion and then step back and watch where the discussion goes..

9 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

I draw the line at Sixers content. That's just annoying and in the way

Scroll past.

Where is @Veejer with his :peng: 

1 minute ago, mattwill said:

I don’t do takes.  I throw out ideas for discussion and then step back and watch where the discussion goes..

Thats called instigation

2 hours ago, TEW said:

In the NFL? Generally it’s physical talent + coachability.

Definitely beats past performance.

Only in an initial growth phase. He had his chance and didnt develop.

25 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

Albert O and Tyree are also "move TE" or "big slot receiver"  and both better than Grant.

Last I checked tyree wasn't on the team...

9 minutes ago, mattwill said:

I will say, I didn't know what all the hype was about but......Ted Lasso might be the greatest sports show/movie/etc. ever.  I was blown away by how good it actually was.

One of the reasons I think the Eagles will be in on Mann is that the Steelers kept him for that extra day. Weidl thought he might be able to pry a pick for a reason imo

1 minute ago, NYEagle said:

I will say, I didn't know what all the hype was about but......Ted Lasso might be the greatest sports show/movie/etc. ever.  I was blown away by how good it actually was.

I heard the third season wasn't as good as the first two. Is this correct?

I've only ever seen the first two episodes of the series, which I enjoyed, so I have very little knowledge. Friends have raved though.

7 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Thats called instigation

… or Critical Thinking

6 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

If a player goes on IR before the 53, he is unavailable to the original team for the year, even if cut from IR. But can sign with other teams. Is the same true under scenario 2 or can the original team injury settle and bring him back after the injury period.  Based on how you explained it in the first response, sounds like under both 1 and 2, the player is unavailable to the original team all season. Did I understand this correctly?

No. Under scenario #2 the original team can come to a settlement which gets them off IR. After the settlement expires they can sign with any team including the original team. 

Greg Ward was scenario #2 last year.

He was released but reverted to IR before the final 53 because he had the injury designation. Transaction went through 8/30/22.

He went unclaimed so he reverted to IR. And then came to an injury settlement 9/9/2022

Then on 10/24/2022 he was signed back to the practice squad

The Eagles have signed wide receiver Greg Ward to the practice squad.

After suffering a toe injury, he was waived from the team's Injured Reserve days before the 2022 season opener with an injury settlement. Now, healthy, he will return to the organization as a practice player.

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/eagles-sign-greg-ward-to-the-practice-squad

The disrespect to rookie of the year. Not only a solid baseball movie but his last out came against the Mets. And that’s worth something.

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I heard the third season wasn't as good as the first two. Is this correct?

I've only ever seen the first two episodes of the series, which I enjoyed, so I have very little knowledge. Friends have raved though.

I found the third season to be far and away the best … and I loved seasons one and two.

10 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

One of the reasons I think the Eagles will be in on Mann is that the Steelers kept him for that extra day. Weidl thought he might be able to pry a pick for a reason imo

My guess is Howie is waiting this out to get Mann on to the practice squad. But Mann will explore market first to see if he gets on a 53 somewhere pretty quick. Mutual understanding that if he punts well the 1st 3 weeks the job is his for the year. Siposs holding the seat warm right now. Ultimately, having roster flexibility in the 1st 3 weeks is vital here. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The disrespect to rookie of the year. Not only a solid baseball movie but his last out came against the Mets. And that’s worth something.

spacer.png

And it had a great portrayal of what would have happened to Trea Turner had he neve received a standing ovation

Royals Review reviews: Rookie of the Year - Royals Review

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

No. Under scenario #2 the original team can come to a settlement which gets them off IR. After the settlement expires they can sign with any team including the original team. 

Greg Ward was scenario #2 last year.

He was released but reverted to IR before the final 53 because he had the injury designation. Transaction went through 8/30/22.

He went unclaimed so he reverted to IR. And then came to an injury settlement 9/9/2022

Then on 10/24/2022 he was signed back to the practice squad

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/eagles-sign-greg-ward-to-the-practice-squad

Thanks.  So Sermon could get the same treatment and might be available just like Cleveland later this year.  Smart move by Howie.  Risk because it comes with release but because it is player friendly, has that bit of a hook.  

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

spacer.png

In all seriousness though, Rookie of the Year was a great kids baseball movie. Being the same age as the actor who played Henry (Thomas Ian Nicholas) made it a completely relatable movie for guys my age. Every 12 year old kid was hoping he could somehow get hurt like that.

2 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Absolutely love that movie.  Speaking of off topic, best baseball movies?  I got:

1. Major League

2. Field of Dreams

3. 8 men out

4. 42

5. sandlot

1. A League of Their Own

2. Moneyball

3. Major League

4. Bull Durham

5. Field of Dreams

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

In all seriousness though, Rookie of the Year was a great kids baseball movie. Being the same age as the actor who played Henry (Thomas Ian Nicholas) made it a completely relatable movie for guys my age. Every 12 year old kid was hoping he could somehow get hurt like that.

Yeah, but I'm scared to go back and watch it now. So many movies just aren't the same.

30 minutes ago, mattwill said:

STs will impact the Actives list

That's why P. Johnson and Scott will dress. Don't think any of the guys I sat down are key for special teams.

I haven't seen many baseball movies, but:

1.  Eight Men Out

2.  Field of Dreams

3.  61*

4.  Pride of the Yankees

5.  Bad News Bears

Archived