EMB Blog: 2023 Camps and Preseason - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

23 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Ah, delusions of grandeur. I see. I mean wow, most of those convert guys have gone on to have long and awesome careers. I sincerely hope that some NFL executives do lurk here and see your genius. Perhaps you’re the right person to turn this franchise around..

You are VERY VERY STUPID.

You specifically missed the point where I said I have no idea how it is that the weird things I type become true.  I'm just saying that that guy was wrong when he said that NFL teams wouldn't do what I say,  and I was telling him that for me, it just happens to happen all the time,  my weird stuff happens and the players become good.    I completely rebutted his point and gave many examples.  Not sure where you think I'm saying any more than that.

I have many original ideas.  You attack me for them.  I come up with new ideas all the time.  I get attacked.   My ideas are excellent,  is that what you mean about del of grand?  

I've had this argument before.  I think it's more wrong to think that no one from any front office or scouting department or coaching staff or players at any NFL team is looking at these message boards than it is to say that there are some NFL at some message boards.  Maybe the idea of Taysom Hill as a swiss army knife was an idea that existed in the ether.   The Saints absorbed it from the ether,  I absorbed it from the ether, and then typed about it over and over.

If someone from the NFL were to come to this message board, they would find a lot of people without much in the way of ideas,  some who are on top of it, not providing much in the way of unconventional ideas,  people who sometime agree with me on some things,  and me.  Much of what I type a lot about is vastly different than what others are typing.   If someone is looking for something different, they'll find it with me.  So, it's not at all unreasonable to think someone from the NFL might be reading my posts.   By the way,  having someone read your posts isn't anywhere near any grandeur level.  

You have no ideas and your grasp of facts is extremely spotty.    About Alex Leatherwood,  you had a one line reply and it was factually wrong, about the Raiders and which bad draft Leatherwood was a part of.   No ideas and a bad grasp of fact.  But you do love to get into personal attacks.  Attacks people,  wrong on facts, no ideas.

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

You are VERY VERY STUPID.

You specifically missed the point where I said I have no idea how it is that the weird things I type become true.  I'm just saying that that guy was wrong when he said that NFL teams wouldn't do what I say,  and I was telling him that for me, it just happens to happen all the time,  my weird stuff happens and the players become good.    I completely rebutted his point and gave many examples.  Not sure where you think I'm saying any more than that.

I have many original ideas.  You attack me for them.  I come up with new ideas all the time.  I get attacked.   My ideas are excellent,  is that what you mean about del of grand?  

I've had this argument before.  I think it's more wrong to think that no one from any front office or scouting department or coaching staff or players at any NFL team is looking at these message boards than it is to say that there are some NFL at some message boards.  Maybe the idea of Taysom Hill as a swiss army knife was an idea that existed in the ether.   The Saints absorbed it from the ether,  I absorbed it from the ether, and then typed about it over and over.

If someone from the NFL were to come to this message board, they would find a lot of people without much in the way of ideas,  some who are on top of it, not providing much in the way of unconventional ideas,  people who sometime agree with me on some things,  and me.  Much of what I type a lot about is vastly different than what others are typing.   If someone is looking for something different, they'll find it with me.  So, it's not at all unreasonable to think someone from the NFL might be reading my posts.   By the way,  having someone read your posts isn't anywhere near any grandeur level.  

You have no ideas and your grasp of facts is extremely spotty.    About Alex Leatherwood,  you had a one line reply and it was factually wrong, about the Raiders and which bad draft Leatherwood was a part of.   No ideas and a bad grasp of fact.  But you do love to get into personal attacks.  Attacks people,  wrong on facts, no ideas.

Yes, I forgot which of the 2 legendarily bad Raiders drafts some schmuck was a part of. I’m convinced you’re either 13 years old, retarded, or both. Now go write a diatribe about why our rookie rush LB should return kicks.

12 hours ago, just relax said:

I saw Fashanu because PSU played Michigan. I haven't seen BYU in a while but I'll make a point of checking Suamataia out. Also Alt and Paul, with thanks to @Original Sin. Alt's father played on a great Chiefs OL some years ago. Good blood line.

I haven’t seen Kingsley either, but did a little preliminary look at the 2024 draft. Seems like most people say he has prototypical size, is a monster in the run game, and has a freakish power/athleticism blend. Right now he’s a late first/early second type of prospect according to most draft sites, but based on what I’m reading I don’t expect that to hold.

He was ranked #3 in Bruce Feldman’s college football freak athlete list. For context, the #1 guy is a 6’5” 240 pound freshman WR who runs the 60 meter sprint almost as fast as Tyreek Hill. The #2 guy is Marvin Harrison Jr. Here’s Kingsley’s excerpt:

3. BYU OL Kingsley Suamataia

The 6-foot-6, 325-pound lineman was praised by multiple members of the Cougars' program in Feldman's piece. 

Offensive coordinator Aaron Roderick told Feldman that Suamataia is "the most athletic and violent OL I’ve ever coached," which includes 2017 first-round pick Garett Bollesand 2022 third-team All-American Blake Freeland. BYU's sports scientist Skyler Mayne told Feldman that Suamataia is "faster than our linebackers" and "he’s just a freak in the weight room."

Suamataia has already recorded a 4.98 in the 40-yard dash and Mayne thinks he "could run in the 4.8s," which would be one of the fastest 40-yard dash times ever recorded at the NFL Scouting Combine for a lineman. 

The cousin of Detroit Lions star tackle Penei Sewell, Suamataia is viewed as one of the top tackle prospects after he didn't give up a sack in 361 pass-blocking snaps last season, per Pro Football Focus. 

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/college-football/marvin-harrison-jr-and-4-penn-state-players-headline-top-50-bruce-feldmans-freaks-list

18 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Yes, I forgot which of the 2 legendarily bad Raiders drafts some schmuck was a part of. I’m convinced you’re either 13 years old, retarded, or both. Now go write a diatribe about why our rookie rush LB should return kicks.

the problem wasn't that you forgot.

the problem was that you decided to type something wrong.

It was a one sentence reply.  One wrong sentence.

You don't even try to be right.  You don't let the fact that you make mistakes of basic fact as the entirely of your post to keep you from doing it over and over.

My weird stuff is not as weird to the NFL as it is to you.

The Eagles have 2 rookie LBs with great numbers.  One is on the 53.  Nolan Smith.  the other is on the practice squad. Ben VanSumeren. 

Players on defense do play special teams.  Players on defense do return kicks and punts.  Generally, teams prefer to have players who don't play a lot of snaps on offense or defense.  Nolan Smith is not likely to play a lot of snaps at OLB, because Reddick is there, also Patrick Johnson.  Last year,  this years green dot wearing ILB, Dean, played  over half of the special teams snaps. No reason to think Nolan Smith won't be doing special teams.  It's not like players on defense don't return kicks.  The leading kick returners last year were CBs.  Do they have CBs return kicks because they're typically small?  No, because they're fast.  Nolan Smith is also fast.
Can Nolan Smith catch kicks?  Can Nolan Smith muff kicks, pick them up and run?  That's what Devon Allen did, and he ran so well that the fact that he didn't actually catch the kick caused some to want to keep him returning kicks.   If CBs return kicks, a LB who is as fast as a CB could return kicks, provided he can catch, and even that might not be needed.   VanSumeren - same arguments except his numbers aren't quite as good, still great,  more positional versatility - we have video of him catching many tds in high school, and video of him running for a TD as Michigan Fullback.  Not at all busy, being on practice squad.   What the Eagles could do is have Nolan Smith do this stuff, whatever it is he can do, then he gets a lot of snaps on defense, then VanSumeren does the stuff Nolan Smith was doing on special teams, plus whatever VanSumeren is able to do. 

🏈 Immaculate Grid 44 9/9:
Rarity: 26
IMMACULATE!
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
Play at:
https://immaculategrid.com/football
@immaculategrid x @pfref

Spoiler

I had to use the great Trey Sermon. Joyner chasing a ring is always a good answer for GB or Denver. Went cup of coffee Sendejo for Minnesota.

I was really surprised how low I got for Rich Gannon and Jeff George (13 total for both )I guess people are getting better at not just answering a few names now.

DeBerg is always good for KC-SF (Montana's mentor in SF)

Its easy to remember long time GB safeties who go to the SB with Atlanta and get arrested.

30 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

https://ras.football/ras-compare/?&p1=20038&p2=14003&pos=FB

ras compare Nolan Smith v Elliott as FB.  Nolan Smith is 10 ras

Elliott is way too light for FB,  but good that you're thinking.

It's a good thing we have a tool like the RAS to tell us if someone like Elliott is a good candidate to play fullback or not. 

6 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

It's a good thing we have a tool like the RAS to tell us if someone like Elliott is a good candidate to play fullback or not. 

it's actually not necessary, but objective fact  should be determinative.  Removes opinion from the equation.

the ras compare tool provides a simple way to compare 2 sets of numbers.  the actual ras formula is extra and can be ignored. 

4 hours ago, hputenis said:

@RememberTheKoy What ever happened to Steve Guttenberg?  Police Academy, Cocoon, 3 Men and a Baby?  Then poof. Gone. Go Phillies!  Don’t you hope Bryce Harper hits 301 tonight!  Let’s go Phils!  

His career tanked after the Stonecutters were disbanded and reformed as the No Homers Club. As we all know, the Stonecutters kept Steve Gutenberg a star. 

4 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Wrong, clone.

Clone?  Whose clone am I?  What if I'm just a mod creation?  What if I'm not even the real original RememberTheKoy and the mods just took my posts from the old board and entered it into some AI bot that they released on the board in RememberTheKoy's name and it just kept getting everything right and making people go wild like a goat after a sheep in heat?  What if if that went down?  They would just have to let it go wild. It would became too correct all the time to get rid of it for solely being correct all the time. What if I'm just the clone of the various mod accounts which may or may not be run by only one person, me?

1ec8c7b42ed32f6db881253e3fe7bd8d0a1aa1a3

Archived