Hate to say it…. Hurts got paid. He’s done

uncphillyfan

38 TDs, 11-6 with 4 game winning drives is what it takes for the cockroaches to come out nowadays? Yeah the problem was definitely Hurts. Go root for Dak. 💩

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, MR-CYN said:

38 TDs, 11-6 with 4 game winning drives is what it takes for the cockroaches to come out nowadays? Yeah the problem was definitely Hurts. Go root for Dak. 💩

They were 10-1 bro. And he stunk down the stretch on the way to 11-6. That's 1-5 down the stretch.

32-9 loss to the Bucs in the playoffs. He left the season with dog doo on his cleats.

Was he playing like your freakin superhero at the end of the season?

What the hell are you smokin'? Cockroach!

Tampa Bay playoff Game - Down 16-9 at the half. 6 possessions in the second half:

Punt,  Punt,  Safety,  Turnover on Downs, Turnover on Downs, 2 plays to end of game ran out the clock with 1:09 left

Maybe 4 first downs in the second half.

Who stinks? Jalen Hurts stinks.

• Like 1

Hurts certainly regressed last year. Perhaps due to the knee injury. Most certainly due to the unimaginative nature of the offensive scheme that lacked pre-snap motion, check-down routes, and crossing patterns. On top of that, the league adjusted to Hurts and Hurts has to show that he add more depth to his game. 

I expect this to happen. He will be closer to the being in the MVP conversation than he will be the bust that you're describing. 

I'm sorry that Wentz's implosion hurt you. But it's time to move on. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Erie said:

I'm sorry that Wentz's implosion hurt you. But it's time to move on. 

The Hurts implosion hurt all of us last year.

QB1 needs to learn to throw inside the 5 yard line. Also needs to stop under throwing guys with those wobblers

18 hours ago, CouchKing said:

Story by Tim McManus

Jalen Hurts excited to work with Kellen Moore, seeks OC continuity (msn.com)

"Seeks OC continuity" means Hurts will try not to get this OC fired as well.

The Jalen Hurts Excuse Team & Apology Tour will start to make excuses about how many different coaches QB1 has had.

"OMG, he needs to learn new plays."

QB1 got paid. Skill players around him all got paid.

Be professionals and learn the new offense. 

QB1 has all spring and summer to learn the new offense. 

And, no resting the first team offense in preseason. Get your game speed reps in.

37 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

The Jalen Hurts Excuse Team & Apology Tour will start to make excuses about how many different coaches QB1 has had.

"OMG, he needs to learn new plays."

QB1 got paid. Skill players around him all got paid.

Be professionals and learn the new offense. 

QB1 has all spring and summer to learn the new offense. 

And, no resting the first team offense in preseason. Get your game speed reps in.

the different coaches angle is legitimate. there is plenty of history in the league where consistency at the OC is beneficial to the qb. having to learn a new system every year can stunt the growth of any qb. that being said Hurts needs to really work on his timing, decision making and ability to read the defense. 

10 hours ago, CouchKing said:

WTF are we doing? 

Phase One

• Two weeks | Limited to strength and conditioning activities ("dead ball"); only strength and conditioning coaches allowed on field*
  • 90 minute max on the field
  • Clubs can only specify 2 hours for players to be at the facility
  • Players choose the other 2 hours for weights, etc.

* Dead Ball Explanation:
-QBs can throw to receivers with no coverage
-Kickers and Punters can kick, but players cannot field the ball and no snappers or holders can be involved
-Long Snappers can snap into a net
-Defensive players may not catch balls at all regardless of who is throwing them.

I could see how this allows the defenders and returners to rest their tender hands.

Otherwise, they could wear out their fingers down to little nubs catching balls from a machine at 100 mph at 5 yards distance.

Then after they are worn out from off season torture, a rookie with fresh hands gets drafted.

The old guys are cut from the team, arthritic and nerves desensitized, they can't even grip the sponge at the car wash.

Between that and the concussions...there is no quality of life.

Jalen Hurts banged CrotchKing’s mother - lmao hate to see it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/9/2024 at 6:06 AM, CouchKing said:

What I wanna know is:

Was QB1's level of play due to an injury? Running that stupid Tush Push play?

What week was Jalen Hurts hurt? November 5th? Nov 26th? 

When did he first have the knee issue?

And, if he's hurt, why play him? 

Who made that decision? QB1? Sirianni? Howie?

I chalked it up to Hurts, new QB coach, and new OC

6 hours ago, CouchKing said:

NFL News: Philadelphia Eagles' Jalen Hurts Faces Mounting Pressure in the 2024 NFL Season (msn.com)

What's with all the negativity in this story about Jalen Hurts?? 

Didn't QB1 have an awesome season?

What is wrong with the media? Thinking QB1 has something to prove.

Ah, yes the media stalwart "Hiptoro" that is entertainment and celebrity gossip. Elsewhere on their site, they're ranking the top 10 movies of Chris Hemsworth and the outfits worn by women in anime. 

Also, no one says Hurts had an awesome season, everyone acknowledges the regression and struggles of not only Hurts, but the entire offense. The coaching, the O line, almost everyone had a part in it. They certainly have a lot to prove. Hurts has to prove he's more 2022 than 2023.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I chalked it up to Hurts, new QB coach, and new OC

I chalked it up to the "protect the investment" policy and the inability to add a new wrinkle to the offense that was originally designed around a dual threat QB on a rookie contract. Once the decree was given that he slide at the first sign of pending contact, the read option was no longer the effective play it used to be. 

Personally, I think Jalen is at his best when he gets to be Jalen, but if you are going to hamstring an important element of an offensive scheme, then you need to find something equally effective to take it's place.

• Like 1

Hurts could have played better last year but the play calling and lack of adjustments really didn’t help him out at any. They had an entire month before the playoffs to figure out the blitz and they didn’t change anything at all. Ha 

I think Hurts is primed for a big rebound this year with proper coaching but I do worry about his health. He didn’t look healthy last year and of course his shoulder the year before etc…

I do think there is something to the team thinking he needs to be a better leader and he might have slacked off a bit after getting paid but it seems correctable and he seems refocused on correcting his mistakes. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DaBirds said:

I do think there is something to the team thinking he needs to be a better leader and he might have slacked off a bit after getting paid but it seems correctable and he seems refocused on correcting his mistakes. 

I don't think anybody said "better" when it comes to leader. There were a couple that said they'd like him to be more vocal or show more emotion. I have two problems with that. One, that's not who he is. If he were to all of a sudden start smiling, frowning and yelling, people would know it's not genuine and would question his leadership as fake. Second, the people that want him to be more vocal were non-vocal leaders themselves. Of course they wanted someone else to be "that guy" because they didn't want to be it. 

9 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I don't think anybody said "better" when it comes to leader. There were a couple that said they'd like him to be more vocal or show more emotion. I have two problems with that. One, that's not who he is. If he were to all of a sudden start smiling, frowning and yelling, people would know it's not genuine and would question his leadership as fake. Second, the people that want him to be more vocal were non-vocal leaders themselves. Of course they wanted someone else to be "that guy" because they didn't want to be it. 

Fair enough. Either way it seems like something he can correct which is a good thing. 🦅 

Sounds like on his return to the team he offered more to reporters and was more willing to speak and say a little more? He may have used the offseason to reflect and look at the areas he needs to be a better leader. There’s nothing to say he can’t be mature and develop as a leader whilst still being genuine.

12 hours ago, brkmsn said:

It's a guarantee: if Hurts gets more vocal, shows "emotion" on the sidelines, gets in guys faces to hype them up the same critics will criticize him for that. You're right, they'll say it's fake or forced. They'll say he's too emotional, he has to stay focused. They'll suggest there's conflict because he was "yelling" at a teammate. They'll say they wish their QB were more stoic, focused, with ice in his veins. Some people are never happy. 

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Sounds like on his return to the team he offered more to reporters and was more willing to speak and say a little more? He may have used the offseason to reflect and look at the areas he needs to be a better leader. There’s nothing to say he can’t be mature and develop as a leader whilst still being genuine.

I missed it. What did he say in the press conference about being a better leader?

Just now, NOTW said:

I missed it. What did he say in the press conference about being a better leader?

Oh no I don’t think he did but I think he was talking more openly. Talking about the impact of having different coordinators every year. Talking about how he wants to step up and have this team in his image as leader etc. They were discussing it on the Eagle Eye podcast. Just had he was more open and spent more time with his answers rather than just one liners.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

It's a guarantee: if Hurts gets more vocal, shows "emotion" on the sidelines, gets in guys faces to hype them up the same critics will criticize him for that. You're right, they'll say it's fake or forced. They'll say he's too emotional, he has to stay focused. They'll suggest there's conflict because he was "yelling" at a teammate. They'll say they wish their QB were more stoic, focused, with ice in his veins. Some people are never happy. 

I have a guarantee that will usurp your guarantee:   Perform next season, and the majority will care less about his demeanor.  

I don’t care if he has to stand on his head, juggle plates with his feet while singing Yankee Doodle Dandy.  If that’s what it takes to perform up to his contract and lead this team to W’s, then so be it. 

JFC this belongs in the, "Lesean McCoy is overrated," thread. 🙄