Hate to say it…. Hurts got paid. He’s done

uncphillyfan

6 minutes ago, uncphillyfan said:

All y’all know it but are afraid to admit it

No doubt he has regressed, he's back to that run right sheet whenever he feels pressure.

I’m not sure if I like the threads about mediocre players more than the return of the whining about Jalen threads. I’ll have to think about it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Regression to the mean.

1 hit wonder territory.

Avg QB that got paid like a great one because he can execute a sneak better than most.

Prove me wrong Jalen Hurts.

• Haha 1

You had this one prewritten and ready in your browser but had to wait 6 weeks. Well played 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Did he really have a bad game though? 1 int was on him. Smith dropped 2 balls, gainwell dropped a ball, Goedert caused the int, oline had him running for his life and allowed a defender to hit his arm causing an int, swift fumbled and also didn't stay in bounds when we started the 4min drive. There were other things, but those I mentioned were huge. If we had a statue QB back there, we easily would have given up close to 10 sacks. While I understand some of those sound like excuses, but if you're giving him blame, give him praise for what he did well. 

All this Hurts hate is easy to pinpoint. And his initials is how he got the job... BJ needs to be better. 14 rush attempts against the bottom of the league rush D? But at the same time, players didn't make plays (see above).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Nobody here was harder on him than me. He has regressed but I don't agree he is done or another Dak just yet. He kept them in the game with his legs all game. Was that cause he missed open people? Others can comment on that aftet they watch the film this week.

That had to wear him out amd fatigue can cause a lot of mistakes. He also didn't trust his protection for good reason after Lane went out. 

Also, the Chiefs didn't score many more points against the Jets than they did today. I mean it's a good thing their top CBs were out, but still. They have good players and a good system.

He had a bad last few drives. Horrible. He caused them to lose throwing a dumb ball with the lead. He isn't done. 

• Like 3

Allen 29/41 236yds 1TD 3 int 

Mahomes 18/30 203yds  1TD 2 int

Hurts 28/45 280yds 1TD 3 int

We know 2 int wasn't Hurts fault, not sure about the other 2. We also know Mahomes was bailed out by refs to secure that win. Allen also lost.

• Like 5

The greater concern for me is the coaching. If nothing else they have an OC who isn't putting him in the best spots to succeed. For all I know Nick vetoed a run and called pass over Johnson on the last INT but he obviously isn't good either way. He got the job because he was close with Hurts not because he was the best guy out there and they are paying for it.

28 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Allen 29/41 236yds 1TD 3 int 

Mahomes 18/30 203yds  1TD 2 int

Hurts 28/45 280yds 1TD 3 int

We know 2 int wasn't Hurts fault, not sure about the other 2. We also know Mahomes was bailed out by refs to secure that win. Allen also lost.

Sorry but Jets were without their 2 best CBs versus the Eagles.

Non sequitur in my opinion.

Hurts needed 10 yards to win the game.

And he threw a costly INT that lost the game.

28 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

The greater concern for me is the coaching. If nothing else they have an OC who isn't putting him in the best spots to succeed. For all I know Nick vetoed a run and called pass over Johnson on the last INT but he obviously isn't good either way. He got the job because he was close with Hurts not because he was the best guy out there and they are paying for it.

A completion ends the game there and the Eagles go home with a win. It fits the bill with this team being agressive to win the game and I have no issue with the call.

Hurts stared down the receiver with 2 defenders in the area and then threw off his back foot. He needed to make a better decision with the ball in his hand in that situation. I don't believe he is done or mailing it in. He absolutely carried the team for 3 quarters and had a very poor last quarter. He has the right character to bounce back from this and hopefully it's his worst performance of the season done and dusted

34 minutes ago, Mat said:

A completion ends the game there and the Eagles go home with a win. It fits the bill with this team being agressive to win the game and I have no issue with the call.

Hurts stared down the receiver with 2 defenders in the area and then threw off his back foot. He needed to make a better decision with the ball in his hand in that situation. I don't believe he is done or mailing it in. He absolutely carried the team for 3 quarters and had a very poor last quarter. He has the right character to bounce back from this and hopefully it's his worst performance of the season done and dusted

Yeah, obviously that would have ended it and fits what Nick likes to do. Thats why I have a feeling that was his vs Johnson. You have to have a feel for things as a coach though. It was a literal carbon copy of what the Cleveland backup did in a similar situation. The Eagles defense was playing well. Run the ball and make Wilson drive on you.

Hurts stared him down like an idiot and threw it in there regardless of the multiple defenders in the area. I still blame the coaches for not having a better feel for things. Yeah, their identity is aggressiveness, but never adapting is bad. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Yeah, obviously that would have ended it and fits what Nick likes to do. Thats why I have a feeling that was his vs Johnson. You have to have a feel for things as a coach though. It was a literal carbon copy of what the Cleveland backup did in a similar situation. The Eagles defense was playing well. Run the ball and make Wilson drive on you.

Hurts stared him down like an idiot and threw it in there regardless of the multiple defenders in the area. I still blame the coaches for not having a better feel for things. Yeah, their identity is aggressiveness, but never adapting is bad. 

I think you also want to put the ball in the hands of your MVP calibre franchise QB there and have faith that he will make the right decision.

It looked like Goedert and Zaccheaus both would have been short on the routes they ran had Hurts hit them so it may not have been the best play call unless he was supposed to go to Smith/Brown who were running deeper. I think the D fooled Hurts that they were playing outside, he felt pressure and threw it to Goedert believing that was the one on one option. On the reverse you can see Brown turns around just as the ball leaves Hurts hands and he would have been 1 on 1 in a better position. 

I still like the idea of being aggressive because when you move away from what you normally do it ends up costing you games anyway, it just sucks that Hurts threw the pick in this situation

He didn't have a good second half, but we were fine first half, the whole offense was off, it's like we thought we could turn up in the Jets house and get a win without trying. Our starting tackle goes out and we're still calling empty backfield slow developing pass plays, it was dumb, the OC needs to get his head out of his ass.

He hasn't regressed, you were just waiting for us to lose on a bad game to post this nonsense.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Swimm said:

I cant stand him bailing out of the pocket for no reason.

When did he bail for no reason?  When he had protection he was stood in the pocket for 6 seconds at a time.  The pass protection was either 7 seconds of concrete protection or a collapsing mess within a second and a half, they're so up and down it's not funny.

I actually saw him try and move up into a couple of collapsing pockets before avoiding sacks to get out, plus he took a couple of hits standing in an empty backfield to deliver a ball after protection broke down.

• Thanks 1