Eagles - Seahawks Game Score Predictions

mattwill

The Game Score Predictions window for the Seahawks game is open

As always, please tag your prediction post with @mattwill that way I will be sure to see/record it.  Score predictions can also have an optional "Bonus Pick" tiebreaker prediction.  So far over the course of the season 118 different EMB posters have made at least one prediction. 

For anyone who missed the results of the first 13 weeks, the post below takes you to a recap of those results

@mattwill

Eagles have loss last 7 vs Seattle.  Eagles end the Seahawks run.  Mariota passes for 300yds , 2 TDs and another rushing TD.  Eagles 28 Seattle 21

• Thanks 1

This is going to be a clunker, lots of sloppy football. Eagles win it because of a play or two from the defensive line, I can see Jalen Carter being the difference maker.

Eagles 27-17 Seahawks, but it will be closer than the score suggests @mattwill

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, kiwinavega said:

This is going to be a clunker, lots of sloppy football. Eagles win it because of a play or two from the defensive line, I can see Jalen Carter being the difference maker.

Eagles 27-17 Seahawks, but it will be closer than the score suggests @mattwill

If hurts is out there’s zero chance we win.

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If hurts is out there’s zero chance we win.

Put your numbers where your mouth is!

@mattwill, I have changed my mind.  With Patricia taking over the D and Geno re aggrivating his groin.... 

Eagles 27

Seahawks 17

Tie Breaker - Jake hits from 50+

• Thanks 1

Seahawks QB may not play as well. A game of back ups. I hope Tanner McKee replaces mariota. 

Sunday Injury Update

The Eagles downgraded quarterback Jalen Hurts to questionable for Monday night's game against the Seattle Seahawks due to an illness. He will travel to Seattle separately from the team. Hurts was added to the injury report on Friday after not participating in practice. However, he had no game status designation at the time.

Marcus Mariota would be in line to start if Hurts is unable to play. Mariota has started 74 career regular-season games, including 13 last season for the Atlanta Falcons.

In fact, both starting quarterbacks are questionable as Seattle's Geno Smith is dealing with a groin injury. Smith suffered the injury in practice prior to last Sunday's game against San Francisco. He went through a pregame workout and was declared inactive. This week, Smith was limited in practice and will once again be a game-time decision, according to Seahawks Head Coach Pete Carroll

Drew Lock started for Smith last Sunday in San Francisco and finished 22-for-31 with 269 yards passing, two touchdowns, and two interceptions despite limited practice reps. The Seahawks led 10-7 after the first quarter, but eventually lost 28-16.

40 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

Seahawks QB may not play as well. A game of back ups. I hope Tanner McKee replaces mariota.

Given the Cowboys loss yesterday, the question is "which backup QB is the better choice to get some rust knocked off in advance of the Playoffs?  Mariota or McKee?"

5 minutes ago, mattwill said:

Given the Cowboys loss yesterday, the question is "which backup QB is the better choice to get some rust knocked off in advance of the Playoffs?  Mariota or McKee?"

McKee throws a better ball and is more accurate than MM. But Mariota will be the one to advance. 

Even if Hurts plays this is a game I don't feel confident. The have historically struggled against the Seahawks, but those streaks do have to come to an end (Jets). Philly should win with Lock starting at QB. 

A Five Hours Until Kickoff Predictions Update

66 predictions recorded thus far.  46 for an Eagles win and 19 for a Seahawks win, and one prediction for a tie.  The Average Predicted Score is a little bit more comfortable Eagles 26 Seahawks 23.

As always, please tag your prediction post with @mattwill that way I will be sure to see/record it.  Score predictions can also have an optional "Bonus Pick" tiebreaker prediction.  So far over the course of the season 135 different EMB posters have made at least one prediction. 

A list of the predictions is presented below, sorted alphabetically by the name of the predictor.  If you don't see your name there, then I either missed yours in my absence from Monday though Saturday, or I you haven't yet submitted one. 

413812498_Screenshot2023-12-18at2_05_11PM.png.da456178a4194dba572057fa7bed22cc.png
1284554072_Screenshot2023-12-18at2_05_32PM.png.ab1d6b30313eadec78f08f92d7dfe68c.png
1308895032_Screenshot2023-12-18at2_12_16PM.png.dda54dfe2353665bbfd908c618277853.png
174383860_Screenshot2023-12-18at2_12_32PM.png.af89f236e48b350fe8f7dc02d907f4c7.png