EMB Blog: 2024 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

I keep forgetting about Cedric Gray. Bring him home, Howie. 

• Like 3

Just now, ManuManu said:

Hopefully they all don’t get scooped up boom boom boom, because I think this is a great round to get WR, RB and TE. Maybe OL. 

WR - Franklin and Baker are the two best IMO

RB - I’m good with a handful. 

TE - Theo Johnson

OL - Mahogany

No Sanders at TE? Any idea why his stock fell so much. Seemed to be a second round guy at one point 

1 hour ago, garingovt2000 said:

Give me some of

WR - Malik Washington, Devontez Walker, Troy Franklin

RB - Laube, Jaylen Wright, Guerendo

IOL - McCormick, Mahogany, Grable

TE - All, Johnson, Sanders, Stover, Wiley

DT - Leonard Taylor, Boyd, Wingo

OT - Crum, Nathan Thomas

LB - Trade for Muma, Gray

Really surprised Walker is still sitting there. I'd jump on that one. Leonard Taylor, sure, why not at this stage. 

Just now, judunno said:

No Sanders at TE? Any idea why his stock fell so much. Seemed to be a second round guy at one point 

He tested pretty poorly, and that’s a big problem for a guy is supposed to be a pass catching only TE. 

24 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Maddox can’t stay healthy and looked terrible in the playoffs, but I do think he’s too good to be on the PS.  The second a team has an injury at CB and a bad need, no one cares if a player is injury prone…they’ve gotta plug a hole and Maddox will get plucked.

Maddox when healthy hasn't even been that good 

• Confused 1

54 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Yeah the barwin comps are wildly optimistic. We can make ourselves feel better about the pick without the need for hyperbole.

It amazes me how people can't understand how comparisons work.  It's a skillset comparison. It's not hyperbole at all. 

5 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

He tested pretty poorly, and that’s a big problem for a guy is supposed to be a pass catching only TE. 

Interesting. He's just not blazing fast I gather.

OT… I used to be able to copy and paste links to Twitter in the forum and the tweet would automatically embed in a post. That’s not happening anymore. What am I doing wrong? 

I like Stover as an all around TE (jack of all trades); the PSU kid doesn’t translate as a volume target but a guy who can block and threaten the seam as a straight line athlete.

2 hours ago, garingovt2000 said:

Give me some of

WR - Malik Washington, Devontez Walker, Troy Franklin

RB - Laube, Jaylen Wright, Guerendo

IOL - McCormick, Mahogany, Grable

TE - All, Johnson, Sanders, Stover, Wiley

DT - Leonard Taylor, Boyd, Wingo

OT - Crum, Nathan Thomas

LB - Trade for Muma, Gray

I MUCH prefer Wright, but the thought of this much NFL DEI in one draft is hilarious. He was a top 30 visit. 

1 hour ago, DeathByEagle said:

No one mentioning Trotter Jr. in possible pick ups for today? So many down on him cause of the smaller frame like Dean? I personally rather have him over Cedric Grey 

If they take him today, I’m not shocked. The thought of running a 3-4 with him and Dean inside worries me though. They spent a lot of time with him. 

1 hour ago, UK Eagle said:

The DeJean pick, I very much like.  Young talent is something this team has lacked in the DB room - no complaints at all. 

The trade downs were entertaining. I had to use social media to work out what had been traded because the NFL Network just shrugged their shoulders and stopped reporting trade comp.

Hunt feels like a familiar 3rd round pick for the Birds. Flyer on athletic freak, etc etc. I've never seen one work out, but maybe this time it ill happen?

Overall, happy with the draft so far. Younger, quicker but depth picks there.  A lot to like

Agreed. I'm getting Davion Taylor vibes...

11 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

I like Stover as an all around TE (jack of all trades); the PSU kid doesn’t translate as a volume target but a guy who can block and threaten the seam as a straight line athlete.

What about Johnny Wilson? Seems like more of a TE than a WR.

29 minutes ago, wussbasket said:

For those that want Trotter Jr., besides his name, why should the Eagles draft him? 

Depth

We are extremely thin at LB and honestly there is not anything better in this draft right now on the board. He is explosive and a physical player that can play and has played at a higher level in college. Id take him as a good depth option that could pan out in a year or two and if he does not, its a 4th round pick out of the 3 we have. 

• Like 1

Hunt being a Safety turned LB/Edge is giving me Reddick vibes. Fangio I guess loved him. 🤞🏻 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DeathByEagle said:

Depth

We are extremely thin at LB and honestly there is not anything better in this draft right now on the board. He is explosive and a physical player that can play and has played at a higher level in college. Id take him as a good depth option that could pan out in a year or two and if he does not, its a 4th round pick out of the 3 we have. 

Isn’t he sort of similar to Dean though? I think I’d rather them take a less polished LB with more upside athletically if they were going to take a LB going forward this late. 

26 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Hopefully they all don’t get scooped up boom boom boom, because I think this is a great round to get WR, RB and TE. Maybe OL. 

WR - Franklin and Baker are the two best IMO

RB - I’m good with a handful. 

TE - Theo Johnson

OL - Mahogany

Check out WR Devontez Walker, really liked him as a round 2 potential target. 

1 minute ago, DaBirds said:

Isn’t he sort of similar to Dean though? I think I’d rather them take a less polished LB with more upside athletically if they were going to take a LB going forward this late. 

Getting a backup to Dean wouldn't be the world's worst idea.

• Like 1

Solak doesn’t think DeJean will play nickel with the Eagles. Thinks with his size and skill set he’s better suited for outside than playing inside. But said his gut is telling him they drafted him with the plan to eventually move him to safety.

6 minutes ago, judunno said:

What about Johnny Wilson? Seems like more of a TE than a WR.

what about Jared Wiley, i see gronk in him.

3 minutes ago, DaBirds said:

I want the LB with instincts and high football IQ over superior athleticism. Gimmie that guy.

• Like 2

Just now, toughfighter83 said:

what about Jared Wiley, i see gronk in him.

Yeah that's another intriguing guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

@bpac55

I don’t think it’s particularly fair to compare Hunt to Taylor, Johnson or Jackson. 

Taylor was an athlete at a position where instincts are necessary. It was just a bad pick who would have been a failure anywhere else since he can’t play. Johnson and Jackson were picked in rounds 6/7. Their talent level isn’t close to Hunt.  

Right, and I'm not knocking Hunt. The guy looks like a rocked up athlete, sort of a mini JPP build if you ask me. My concern is the Eagles and their ability to develop anyone. I know we have quite a few new coaches on the defensive side of the ball, so a lot to be seen yet. Just going off the Eagles as an organization to develop raw talent. They don't do it. Hopefully, Hunt can reach his potential here.

1 minute ago, DaBirds said:

There are tons of NFL successful LBs that are Dean/Trotter size. This is not a new trend, honestly they been around for quite some time now.

Your avg ILB is 6'0-6'2, 225-240 pounds. Im sure he can eat a Big Mac and get a few more pounds on if that makes people feel better. Some have said Cedric Grey. Grey is only 1 inch taller and 8 pounds bigger. Not to mention not as physically of a player as Trotter. I like players with the Dog in them. 

• Like 1