EMB Blog: 2020 Training Camp

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just thinking about the Parks injury and its consequences... I'm not too broken up over it because a) the guy is a proven NFL defender and should be a good bit of reinforcements mid-season.  Something this team in particular has needed year after year in the secondary.  But also b), it both mentally and by way of necessity gives Mills some clarity that he will get a full look at the new position and show he belongs there.  Its on him to succeed now, after "failing" at CB.

14 minutes ago, Green Dog said:

Just thinking about the Parks injury and its consequences... I'm not too broken up over it because a) the guy is a proven NFL defender and should be a good bit of reinforcements mid-season.  Something this team in particular has needed year after year in the secondary.  But also b), it both mentally and by way of necessity gives Mills some clarity that he will get a full look at the new position and show he belongs there.  Its on him to succeed now, after "failing" at CB.

I like ensuring Wallace gets reps now.  Even if he makes mistakes this will have him better prepared for later on getting real,  regular season game reps.

Might not have gotten many as the 4th safety. 

20 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

image.thumb.png.6416fc3438682c31fa54e7695cc438ec.png

A shoulder stabilize brace is designed to limit the range of motion to keep the arm from moving in to its most vulnerable position where dislocations most commonly occur.

Its common for footbal players to play in the brace above. Probably not a WR though.  You can see how limiting that is. You literally can not lift your arm further than what is pictured.  

When I was at Bucknell we had a LB wearing that and his shoulder still wouldn't stay in. There no brace that can really do the job as well as the internal structures.

A WR would likely have to wear something much less protective that allows more motion.  Such as a shoulder Spica wrap with a large ACE bandage as pictured below.  They're doing it wrong in the picture and pulling the shoulder forward.  Should be going the opposite way and pulling posterior across the front of the shoulder,  but you get the idea.

And this will be really minimally effective either way. 

image.png.eae3f3b73b4d0f47d96ad8962b3df1e9.png

At least that's not a shirtless selfie.   Still though... so many times, I pop in and this is what I see... 

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

At least that's not a shirtless selfie.   Still though... so many times, I pop in and this is what I see... 

Needs more nip, is what you're saying

Just now, Mike030270 said:

750A4F04-C408-486A-8260-D97709E64874.jpeg.4c5c0a642b3c87530bd89e7fc76270d6.jpeg

I posted this a couple days ago. It’s soo true right now. I love that the guy is in a devils jersey tho lol. 

22 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

JJAW certainly looks different. Slow, but more like an NFL receiver than this

With family in town, JJ Arcega-Whiteside continues to impress | Sports |  delcotimes.com

Just now, ManuManu said:

I am not that surprised. I thought they’d try to trade him earlier this offseason  I actually suggested it. But his 6.5 cap number probably didn’t make it worthwhile. 

13 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I like ensuring Wallace gets reps now.  Even if he makes mistakes this will have him better prepared for later on getting real,  regular season game reps.

Yep, true.

17 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Maybe its a sign.

18 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I think wallace is gonna be a stud. I wouldn’t be shocked if mills struggles he eventually replaces him midway or the end of the year. Loved him at Clemson. I think he offers a ton of versatility and i believe in a year or two will be a leader on that defense. 

my favorite Two picks were wallace and Hightower. I liked reagor but those two for where they got them the value was really good.  

1 minute ago, Green Dog said:

Maybe its a sign.

Yeah gave the shirt off his back...

50 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Really like to see all the talking and teaching with Slay. Guy prides himself on his footwork so to give the other DBs and WRs an insight into what he's doing is nice. Even if he sounds as eloquent as Brandon Graham when he's hyped but that sheet is valuable.

Kind of an exaggeration, it looks better because of the overpursuit (who was that?).  Still nice to see from a guy that was known mostly for power.

1 minute ago, DEagle7 said:

Kind of an exaggeration, it looks better because of the overpursuit (who was that?).  Still nice to see from a guy that was known mostly for power.

So i guess its pretty much a lock he's the #4 then?

Or do they go light at RB to start the season.  16 PS spots to fill, gotta think an unproven RB would make it.

2 minutes ago, Original Sin said:
The Buccaneers have emerged as a serious suitor for RB Leonard Fournette, sources say. Not done, but there's serious interest there. So another weapon for Tom Brady may be on its way.

Wouldn't be shocked 

Beast getting secretly pumped.  :lol:

36 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

JJAW certainly looks different. Slow, but more like an NFL receiver than this

With family in town, JJ Arcega-Whiteside continues to impress | Sports |  delcotimes.com

Who is that on the right?

Just now, Green Dog said:

Beast getting secretly pumped.  :lol:

Bucs have 4 young backs , so dont matter to me...but if they sign him...feelings won't be hurt.

Very nice power back

4 minutes ago, Original Sin said:
The Buccaneers have emerged as a serious suitor for RB Leonard Fournette, sources say. Not done, but there's serious interest there. So another weapon for Tom Brady may be on its way.

Wouldn't be shocked 

image.gif.06d1baffb7b7a7cd1ca89a7dfcb06e36.gif

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Clearly the cabana associate from the Nigel bradham incident. 

15 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

When he comes back into the screen it looks like something 1. Ruling out who it obviously isn't, it would be Mills (don't see a visor), NRC (looks too big), Trevor Williams (dont think he was back yet for this and probably not with the 1's), Shareef Miller (who i'm blaming)

7 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Back off, she's taken 

Oh, NVM, far right is Dom DiSandro

Archived