EMB Blog: 2020 Training Camp

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Mrkingofspades said:

Quick question. When Peters gets injured playing RG (because it’s apparent he will undoubtedly get injured playing LT), who comes in at RG?

Will Pryor swing over to RG and Mailata come in at LT? 

If that’s the case, two positions would be screwed over because they won’t play Peters at LT. 

My guess is Herbig is off the bench before Mailata in that situation.

Guest justrelax
5 minutes ago, Mrkingofspades said:

Quick question. When Peters gets injured playing RG (because it’s apparent he will undoubtedly get injured playing LT), who comes in at RG?

Will Pryor swing over to RG and Mailata come in at LT? 

If that’s the case, two positions would be screwed over because they won’t play Peters at LT. 

But you've already screwed yourself in that scenario.

1 minute ago, Original Sin said:

My picks to win div

Cards

Vikes

Cowboys 

Bucs

Kc

Bill's

Colts

Ravens 

I don't care if Jesus plays on the cowpukes. You never, ever pick them to win.

1 minute ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

I don't care if Jesus plays on the cowpukes. You never, ever pick them to win.

I cant stand them ,I just think they have the roster to do it...and McCarthy is no Garrett

1 hour ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

JP is really at RG still... 

If the Eagles miss the playoffs this year there should be a certain GM and Head Coach on the hot seat next year. 

Howie perhaps, Doug, no way. Doug has proven with a strong roster, he’s an excellent coach who has made this team fun to watch. With an injury plagued team, he’s shown that he can keep guys fighting and going forward, and players respect him and battle for him. 

I cant stand them ,I just think they have the roster to do it...and McCarthy is no Garrett

Eh, I don't really see how their roster has improved significantly since last year, so IMO if they're gonna win it it's completely on McCarthy. We'll see.

38 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Anyone else think this team is gonna be absolute shitshow this year? I started out optimistic, but this feels like a disaster in the making.

The injuries are now beyond the status of laughable.  They were laughable last year and the year before.   Then they added 3 more to the report today.  Today I'm angry on the inside but laughing on the outside.    

4 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Howie perhaps, Doug, no way. Doug has proven with a strong roster, he’s an excellent coach who has made this team fun to watch. With an injury plagued team, he’s shown that he can keep guys fighting and going forward, and players respect him and battle for him. 

I dunno, a Superbowl win followed by two straight playoff appearances despite an abundance of injuries sounds like a good reason to fire a head coach

Maybe I'm thinking of a different year but , didnt doug coach birds to superbowl without dbl digit sack guy ,1000 yard rusher ,1000 yard receiver?

And injuries all over?

Stronger roster? Doug did it with a extremely banged up roster...doug can coach

I'm not trying to downplay their roster.  They have plenty of talent.  My only point is IMO they lost more talent than they gained this off season, after going 8-8. Even with Griffen who I think was a good signing, they lost some serious talent with Jones, Quinn, Frederick and more. Hell they even had some serious injury luck last year in their favor and still kinda sucked.  So in order to improve upon 8-8 it would mean some combo of McCarthy really turning things around and/or their rookie class having some serious immediate impact.  Both of which are tough to rely on in a regular year, let alone one with such a clusterF of an off season.

Not saying they can't do it. I'm just not sold on them until we see what kind of product McCarthy can put on the field.

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

JFC.  Are we still going with "injuries happen to all teams and it’s a part of the game”?

"Injuries happen. We’re all in this together.”

Guest justrelax
4 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

I'm not trying to downplay their roster.  They have plenty of talent.  My only point is IMO they lost more talent than they gained this off season, after going 8-8. Even with Griffen who I think was a good signing, they lost some serious talent with Jones, Quinn, Frederick and more. Hell they even had some serious injury luck last year in their favor and still kinda sucked.  So in order to improve upon 8-8 it would mean some combo of McCarthy really turning things around and/or their rookie class having some serious immediate impact.  Both of which are tough to rely on in a regular year, let alone one with such a clusterF of an off season.

Not saying they can't do it. I'm just not sold on them until we see what kind of product McCarthy can put on the field.

Teams with new staffs will really be at a disadvantage. Teams with most everything in place should be much more organized early.

Wow. Great sign to see so many people so "Unoptimistic" about the start of the season !!  

Eagles first 6 might be the hardest in Football  Rams Ravens 49ers Steelers. They come out of that 3-3 ( Ok good wheels didn't fall off ) 

4-2 ( Nice work ) 5-1 or BETTER ? ( Look the F out Boyz )

And could care less what any other division opponent does in their first six because God knows if the Cowboys are up a game after that stretch, they'll all be back to throwing in the towel and Boo ing the Mister Softee Truck. 

Everyone freaking out about injuries. Just wait until the Cowboys become ravaged by a Covid outbreak and are screwed for 2 weeks.

6 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Honestly I haven't seen any team mentioned....he will have plenty of offers...I dont see him in either new England or buffalo 

And obviously it will be a 1 year deal ,he just got cut because if no trade market for himm

Archived