EMB Blog: 2020 Training Camp

Connecticut Eagle

21 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

If you are mad about him being on the PS, be prepared to be irate when he's active against Washington.

Jackson, JJAW, Ward, Hightower, Watkins.  You think they'd dress 6 WRs for a game?

Unless they do not add another TE, hmmm.....

20 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

So we have to find a PS TE for insurance.  Richard Rodgers got cut and is available but I really would like to take a step forward. My favorite candidate for an Hback, Olonilua was cut by the cowpads.  More likely candidate, though, is Caleb Wilson.  Meh. 

That Fugimalli guy, too.

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Green Dog said:

Jackson, JJAW, Ward, Hightower, Watkins.  You think they'd dress 6 WRs for a game?

I don't think Watkins is ready to play (based on what has been reported) and I don't think you want a rookie as your top (and only) backup with no preseason. My guess is that Reagor goes to IR and Burnett takes his spot.

49ers Practice Squad is wild and full of busts. Jonathan Cyprien, Dion Jordan and Kevin White. Also ex Eagles River Cracraft and Joe Walker.

Yeeeaahh I'd much rather risk losing Avery than cut LeBlanc. I know they'll probably re-sign him, but he's gotta be an upgrade in the slot for some team around the league and he's a tone setter. 

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

49ers Practice Squad is wild and full of busts. Jonathan Cyprien, Dion Jordan and Kevin White. Also ex Eagles River Cracraft and Joe Walker.

Good for joe walker still being in the league after 5 years as a 7th rounder. 

1 minute ago, Saltpeter said:

Yeeeaahh I'd much rather risk losing Avery than cut LeBlanc. I know they'll probably re-sign him, but he's gotta be an upgrade in the slot for some team around the league and he's a tone setter. 

Agreed, but, since he’s injured it muddies the water. You’d have to come to an injury settlement to do it unless he’s already fully healthy. So it kinda makes sense to hold onto him and just IR him. 

A lot of teams have announced their PS already. I wonder if we’re scrambling to fill ours because of Miller and Togiai being claimed. 

Just now, ManuManu said:

A lot of teams have announced their PS already. I wonder if we’re scrambling to fill ours because of Miller and Togiai being claimed. 

Also could mean the teams announced are bringing back just their guys and we may have more outside names that have to go through COVID testing/physicals etc 

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yea, from what I remember he was the definition of JAG but on this team he might just be top backup lol 

I'd be more upset about Avery if the Eagles didn't cut bait on Jones and Miller. Clearly they're not overly worried about capital investment when making roster determination. 

2 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

I'd be more upset about Avery if the Eagles didn't cut bait on Jones and Miller. Clearly they're not overly worried about capital investment when making roster determination. 

One thing that should be mentioned about Avery: We traded a 4 for him, which suggests other teams must have been interested. He has shown some ability as a pass rusher, so it’s harder to sneak him through waivers. 

Will be curious to see what kind of contract LeBlanc gets when they resign him.  2-3 year deal?

My guess is a one-year deal for about $1M which is what his deal called for after bonuses, give or take a couple of $100K depending on when some of his guarantees were paid. 

23 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

And a Super Bowl ring.

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

One thing that should be mentioned about Avery: We traded a 4 for him, which suggests other teams must have been interested. He has shown some ability as a pass rusher, so it’s harder to sneak him through waivers. 

He's going to be the 3rd/4th DE alongside Sweat. 

Only reason Curry was brought back was in case Avery or Sweat were injured.

Toohill's the wildcard, but will obviously be inactive if he stays on the 53.

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

My guess is a one-year deal for about $1M which is what his deal called for after bonuses, give or take a couple of $100K depending on when some of his guarantees were paid. 

Hopefully they've already have an agreement in place 

Just now, Green Dog said:

He's going to be the 3rd/4th DE alongside Sweat. 

Only reason Curry was brought back was in case Avery or Sweat were injured.

I’d be shocked if he were ahead of Curry. We guaranteed him $2M. He likely is the third or fourth DE. 

Just now, ManuManu said:

I’d be shocked if he were ahead of Curry. We guaranteed him $2M. He likely is the third or fourth DE. 

I wouldn't be.

Unless he's still injured...

I'm not sure about that. I wouldn't be surprised if he's being earmarked as the Bryan Braman type special teamer. Y'know, the bigger type guy who can run and hit rather than a WR/DB type. Reports out of Stanford at the time he was drafted was that he was a very good special teams guy who wasn't used there all that much because he was a starter on defense. 

Archived