EMB Blog: 2020 Training Camp

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

The deal is worth up to $15M with incentives.

"IF" he hits those incentive numbers

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

So, aside from McCown and those who were claimed, pretty much everyone stays around.

I expect this to be a fluid list.

1 minute ago, DeathByEagle said:

"IF" he hits those incentive numbers

Right, but why would Clowney take $12M with no incentives from a different team?

Just now, schuy7 said:

Right, but why would Clowney take $12M with no incentives from a different team?

Its a 12 mill base. pay the 12 and give the same incentives. They were not that far off. Its better then a dumb idea of giving up a 2nd round pick to get him for 2 mill less with a very slim possibility to getting the 15. He will prob land 13 range. If they wanted him that bad, you get that small amount needed. There are so many loop holes that can make it work. 

5 minutes ago, Green Dog said:

So, aside from McCown and those who were claimed, pretty much everyone stays around.

I expect this to be a fluid list.

The only mild surprise was no Jacquet, but it was reported earlier that he wouldn’t be on the team. 

20 minutes ago, Green Dog said:

I mean, its not like Ostman didn't have some decent tape from 2 years ago.  He looked aggressive. 

But of course it was against non NFL players and late in those preseason games. 

Happens every year.  I don't blame fans for wanting those guys to make it.

Sure.  And that was 2 years ago, as you say, against guys who are out of the league.   Since that time, we've heard about him, he got injured and we've heard about him.   Nothing actually to confirm what we've heard has been seen with our eyes...  So people want a guy like that, but even if he's what the sport writers have said, he's still the 5th DE or worse.  

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Sucks for him. Thats the last place Id be looking to join since they are in pure tank mode right now. 

6 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Sucks for him. Thats the last place Id be looking to join since they are in pure tank mode right now. 

It might be the only place that called.

51 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Fantastic.  Kept everyone I was hoping they would....Holyfield, Warren, Killins, Prince, Arnold, and Burnett. 

5 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Fantastic.  Kept everyone I was hoping they would....Holyfield, Warren, Killins, Prince, Arnold, and Burnett. 

7 RBs between the roster and PS is a bit overkill imo 

11 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

I actually followed them a little bit last season since Foles was there. 

Man, what a difference between that organization and the Eagles.  It's one of the reasons I have (even more) respect now on how this team is run.   Apples to Oranges does not do that comparison justice.  It's closer to: complete organization vs total chaos.  

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

7 RBs between the roster and PS is a bit overkill imo 

Killns isn't really a RB in the NFL though.  He's basically a kick/punt returner, slot guy and a gadget player who could possibly get a handful of carries at the RB position. 

46 minutes ago, RLC said:

We pretty much kept everyone we wanted to. Losing Noah Togiai is the only disappointment. 

So long as strap comes back

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

There's a lot of very short sighted responses to this move.

A QB is not a position that you want to just bring a guy in from the outside.   Let him be around the team, be a coach, work with Wentz, etc.  And if we need him, he's not coming in cold.  QB is the single most position in the NFL, why would you want to try to do a shortcut on that position?   The PS is expanded.  Take advantage of it and leverage the most important position.  He's also likely the best option for running scout teams as well because he's got such experience everywhere.   

So, he's not coming to town?  That seems odd.   But I guess having a quarantined QB makes sense... I hope he's rehabbed that hamstring.

I think it was more not understanding the 3 day window. As far as I understand it he won't be running the scout teams though, which made me scratch my head since he won't be there at all. If they have to be constantly tested in order to play it makes sense.

19 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Killns isn't really a RB in the NFL though.  He's basically a kick/punt returner, slot guy and a gadget player who could possibly get a handful of carries at the RB position. 

Warren is the guy I’d boot to bring on Jacquet or some other CB

10 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

I think it was more not understanding the 3 day window. As far as I understand it he won't be running the scout teams though, which made me scratch my head since he won't be there at all. If they have to be constantly tested in order to play it makes sense.

I like him with Carson, so any way that they can make that happen is a huge win in my book.   

Archived