Fate of Former Eagles

time2rock

On 4/11/2023 at 11:34 AM, Procus said:

Looks like the team dropped the ball by not retaining Gannon

I see why Baker wants out. 😂

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Funny we bring up Mills, because I recall how many couldn’t stand the guy. Don’t know if Rowe would have or wouldn’t have fit their scheme. Rasul Douglas was slower than Rowe yet he was in many ways more effective than Darby was. Also those corners gave up over 500 yards in that Bowl so it’s not like they were all that impactful. Ultimately the options between 2015-2017 at corner weren’t that much better than Rowe. 

You mean one of our players had critics? Mills despite his lack of speed the critics were worried about had 3 INTs and 14 PDs on the regular season and 5 more PDs in the postseason. Darby, in less than 8 full regular season games (because of the injury) had 3 INTs and 9 PDs and added 6 more PDs in the postseason. Rowe did virtually nothing in 2017 for NE and his best season didn't come until 2020 when he had 2 INTs and 11 PDs. Douglas did show some flashes while he was here but was also a liability on just as many plays. 

4 hours ago, brkmsn said:

You mean one of our players had critics? Mills despite his lack of speed the critics were worried about had 3 INTs and 14 PDs on the regular season and 5 more PDs in the postseason. Darby, in less than 8 full regular season games (because of the injury) had 3 INTs and 9 PDs and added 6 more PDs in the postseason. Rowe did virtually nothing in 2017 for NE and his best season didn't come until 2020 when he had 2 INTs and 11 PDs. Douglas did show some flashes while he was here but was also a liability on just as many plays. 

Mills played in 15 games and started all of them while Rowe only started seven that year too. Interesting that you’re writing a player off that barely played while making excuses for another guy who played a whole season but stunk. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Mills played in 15 games and started all of them while Rowe only started seven that year too. Interesting that you’re writing a player off that barely played while making excuses for another guy who played a whole season but stunk. 

Mills didn't stink in 2017, despite what your revisionist memory wants to tell you. He wasn't an All Pro, but he was a solid player for us. Rowe, on the other hand, only started 3 of 8 games that season for a total of 260 snaps. Mills played 932 snaps. Rowe only started in the Super Bowl because Malcom Butler mouthed off to Patricia in practice. The Eagles' gameplan included targeting Rowe and it paid off. 

Personally, I couldn't care less about Rowe at the moment since he's not a part of this team. But as players, Jalen Mills has accomplished a lot more in one less season.

Oh, and for the record ... what did it mean when JJAW barely played? It meant when he wasn't hurt there were other players the team preferred on the field. 

Maybe I often defend players against criticism I don't think is deserved or is IMO exaggeration. But at least I'm consistent. Here you are after constantly ripping players for not getting on the field, defending some scrub that's not even on our team that has struggled throughout his career to get on the field. If it's bad for player A, then it would be bad for player B as well. Rowe hasn't done squat and if Mills is in your mind the epitome of bad, then Rowe has been even worse.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Vikings won’t exercise option on Jalen Reagor

Posted by Mike Florio on May 2, 2023, 5:14 PM EDT

The Eagles, for all their recent draft prowess, could have had receiver Justin Jefferson in 2020. Instead, they took receiver Jalen Reagor one spot before Jefferson was picked.

It didn’t work out for Reagor in Philly. He was traded last year to the Vikings. And it didn’t work out sufficiently well during his first year with the Vikings to get Minnesota to exercise the fifth-year option.

The Vikings passed, as expected, on extending Reagor’s fifth-year option, via NFL.com.

Despite appearing in 17 regular-season games last year, Reagor caught only eight passes for 104 yards and one touchdown. His main job was returning punts.

Given the decision to use a first-round pick on receiver Jordan Addison, Raegor once again will be a complementary piece of the team, at best, in 2023. And he’ll be a free agent in 2024.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/05/02/vikings-wont-exercise-option-on-jalen-reagor/

Shocker!  :lol:

• Haha 3

Since this hasn't been posted in here yet:

I hope he signs with the Eagles soon, even if only a one day contract to retire in glory. 

• Like 4

On 5/3/2023 at 8:06 AM, time2rock said:

Shocker!  :lol:

After they let Thielen walk I thought they were telling us Reagor was ready to take over. I guess not. 😂

• Haha 1

On 5/9/2023 at 11:59 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Since this hasn't been posted in here yet:

I hope he signs with the Eagles soon, even if only a one day contract to retire in glory. 

Foles should be an honorary captain at the New England game. Maybe he can finally get Brady to shake his hand. 😂

• Haha 2

Someone’s favorite former Eagles is getting a tryout! 😂

99734BBD-8310-469C-AB9E-87215FBF9731.jpeg

• Haha 3

Foles would've been a great addition before they signed Mariota. Maybe somebody will sign him off the couch. It's a long season. 

• Like 1

"According to ESPN's Jeremy Fowler, free-agent quarterback Carson Wentz has "received interest" from teams around the National Football League. The veteran has been working out in Los Angeles this offseason but may wait "to see what develops." He's also open to any role. Wentz, who the Commanders released a few months ago, finished the 2022-23 campaign with 1,755 yards, 11 touchdowns, and nine picks in eight games with Washington. While there is a good chance the 30-year-old will land somewhere heading into the season, he's not a realistic fantasy option in any format.--Dennis Clausen - RotoBaller

• Like 1

On 4/23/2023 at 9:44 PM, EazyEaglez said:

I see why Baker wants out. 😂

LOL at that video.  Some Michael Scott stuff there for real.  How long you think Gannon has in Arizona until he's fired?  2 years?

On 5/17/2023 at 4:40 PM, EazyEaglez said:

"According to ESPN's Jeremy Fowler, free-agent quarterback Carson Wentz has "received interest" from teams around the National Football League. The veteran has been working out in Los Angeles this offseason but may wait "to see what develops." He's also open to any role. Wentz, who the Commanders released a few months ago, finished the 2022-23 campaign with 1,755 yards, 11 touchdowns, and nine picks in eight games with Washington. While there is a good chance the 30-year-old will land somewhere heading into the season, he's not a realistic fantasy option in any format.--Dennis Clausen - RotoBaller

This sounds like agent speak. 

I can translate: "received interest" = maybe a team or two has called, but no real offers came from that.  "Seeing what develops" means "he wants to start, but nobody wants him.  He's hoping that some team has a really bad training camp with a QB and they come calling for Carson."

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

LOL at that video.  Some Michael Scott stuff there for real.  How long you think Gannon has in Arizona until he's fired?  2 years?

This sounds like agent speak. 

I can translate: "received interest" = maybe a team or two has called, but no real offers came from that.  "Seeing what develops" means "he wants to start, but nobody wants him.  He's hoping that some team has a really bad training camp with a QB and they come calling for Carson."

Just saw two rumors that the Rams and the Cowboys (I really hope so) are considering signing Wentz. I guess these teams really like turnovers, but Wentz ending up in either of these teams would be kind of hilarious. 

10 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Just saw two rumors that the Rams and the Cowboys (I really hope so) are considering signing Wentz. I guess these teams really like turnovers, but Wentz ending up in either of these teams would be kind of hilarious. 

I can see the Rams.  Stafford's top backup right now is someone named 'Brett Rypien'.  

Dallas is a maybe. He'd have to beat out Cooper Rush.

2 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

I can see the Rams.  Stafford's top backup right now is someone named 'Brett Rypien'.  

At this point I would take Rush over Wentz.  

3 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Doubt he beats out Rush not that he’s much to write home about. Rams seem like a viable option, but there are a few teams who might bite and think they could rehabilitate Carson back to form. All of them will be making a huge mistake if they try though.

3 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Stafford's top backup right now is someone named 'Brett Rypien'.  

Mark's son?

11 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Mark's son?

Nephew.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Nephew.

I was thinking that his son (if he has one), might be a little old to be in the NFL now, but maybe not. 

14 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Doubt he beats out Rush not that he’s much to write home about. Rams seem like a viable option, but there are a few teams who might bite and think they could rehabilitate Carson back to form. All of them will be making a huge mistake if they try though.

I'm not a huge Carson Wentz fan but the idea he isn't a better QB as a spot starter than Cooper Rush is a huge stretch, the only reason Cooper Rush has a job is that he's not as awful as that Dinucci guy they played against us a couple of years ago.

12 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I'm not a huge Carson Wentz fan but the idea he isn't a better QB as a spot starter than Cooper Rush is a huge stretch, the only reason Cooper Rush has a job is that he's not as awful as that Dinucci guy they played against us a couple of years ago.

Don't try to ruin his fun.

My guess as to why Wentz hasn't signed anywhere yet is because his camp probably sees him in the $7-10M / year (quality backup / bridge starter) pay range currently, but he'll probably end up on a 1-year deal for half that (probably $3-4M). If he lands in a place with an opportunity to play, it will be up to him to get his value back up for his next employer. In 2020, he had a bad season for us on a team full of players that had a bad season. In 2021, he had a pretty darn good season with a bad finish. Last year, he had another poor year. Three teams in 3 seasons. I kind of feel he's like Goff. He's capable of playing well again as a starter, but it would help for him to be in one place for more than 1 year. Right now he's an easy scape goat choice for coaches on the hot seat.