Fate of Former Eagles

time2rock

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

JJAW stinks and that doesn’t need to be over analyzed. Reagor stinks and you’re simply wasting time to try and justify why either of these players do. You are consistent though bud. As soon as a player or coach cross into mediocrity or worse, you will be there to make sure they’re not viewed as bad as the reality. That’s your thing and it’s fine for you. If you want to watch a bunch of videos watching JJAW run around and do nothing but run around to justify your claim that he’s better than anyone thinks more power to you. Case closed though Reagor’s option declined. Case closed cause Wentz MIGHT be on his 4th team in four years if he’s lucky. Case closed on JJAW who found a way to be a TC body this summer after being a 2nd round pick. They stink end of story.

Get a room!!! 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

On 5/26/2023 at 5:28 PM, EazyEaglez said:

... the guy just seems like a terrible communicator. 

I don't know about that, seems like he communicated pretty well with the Cardinals during Super Bowl week.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I don't know about that, seems like he communicated pretty well with the Cardinals during Super Bowl week.

Well played. 😂🤣😂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Case closed cause Wentz MIGHT be on his 4th team in four years if he’s lucky. 

:crazy:

It's cute that you think he actually might not be on an NFL roster this season. Just because you hate him with all your heart, does not mean the entire NFL thinks he has nothing to offer. Right now, it's just about agreeing on the contract number. As I said earlier, I think as soon as Carson is willing to settle for something in the $4M range, he'll be on a team. CJGJ was one of the most promising young players hitting free agency for the first time and he was without a team for over a week, while lesser players were getting work --- all because his camp overestimated his current value. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, brkmsn said:

:crazy:

It's cute that you think he actually might not be on an NFL roster this season. Just because you hate him with all your heart, does not mean the entire NFL thinks he has nothing to offer. Right now, it's just about agreeing on the contract number. As I said earlier, I think as soon as Carson is willing to settle for something in the $4M range, he'll be on a team. CJGJ was one of the most promising young players hitting free agency for the first time and he was without a team for over a week, while lesser players were getting work --- all because his camp overestimated his current value. 

I’ve moved on. What are you still crying about a guy who doesn’t matter? 😂🤣😂

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

:roll:

The best thing about the Eagles this year is there are little to no problems so far. Here we are arguing about a bunch bums who I am thankful are no longer Eagles and just this guy you overhype that flubs clutch catches. 😂🤣😂

2901C641-2A22-4B72-A97A-3F049D0CF0ED.jpeg

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The best thing about the Eagles this year is there are little to no problems so far. Here we are arguing about a bunch bums who I am thankful are no longer Eagles and just this guy you overhype that flubs clutch catches. 😂🤣😂

2901C641-2A22-4B72-A97A-3F049D0CF0ED.jpeg

4 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Jalen still dropping dimes. Did you notice that bobble there? I can only imagine how that drop would have looked if he were actually being covered. 

Jalen still dropping dimes. Did you notice that bobble there? I can only imagine how that drop would have looked if he were actually being covered. 

wow ... just wow. He even bobbled a CGI dime! Gotta trust EasyEaglez' imagination here, fellas! Cut this fool now!!!  

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

wow ... just wow. He even bobbled a CGI dime! Gotta trust EasyEaglez' imagination here, fellas! Cut this fool now!!!  

I am really shocked someone like you who loves Next Gen Stats and watching videos of WRs aimlessly running around catching nothing can’t accept the fact that Quez struggled last season and possibly cost the Eagles games. That doesn’t mean I hate Quez Watkins. It just means he needs to be better or replaced. Just like the Eagles upgraded JJAW, Reagor, and Wentz by replacing them with better players. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

I am really shocked someone like you who loves Next Gen Stats and watching videos of WRs aimlessly running around catching nothing can’t accept the fact that Quez struggled last season and possibly cost the Eagles games. That doesn’t mean I hate Quez Watkins. It just means he needs to be better or replaced. Just like the Eagles upgraded JJAW, Reagor, and Wentz by replacing them with better players. 🤷‍♂️

Quez did struggle last season with physicality after the shoulder injury. There's no doubt about it. I never claimed he didn't. But if you want to highlight one play in the Super Bowl where the still picture you even used a few hours ago clearly shows DPI that was enough to affect the outcome of the play --- well, I'm going to say stuff like that happens to the best of them. I'm not going to take it harder just because he made some mental mistakes earlier in the season. That play was, as the refs like to put it, a bang-bang play and when a penalty isn't called, you have to credit the defender for affecting the outcome of the play there. Don't let me interrupt your crying, though. Do I want Quez to have a better year in 2023? Absolutely. Do I want somebody on the roster to push him to be the best? Absolutely. Do I have doubts in his ability to play better than he did in 2022? Sorry ... I don't. Do I like his little twitter rant to some of the critical fans? No. Do I like his confidence in his own ability to put 2022 behind him? Yes. 

Take this for what it's worth:

9 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Quez did struggle last season with physicality after the shoulder injury. There's no doubt about it. I never claimed he didn't. But if you want to highlight one play in the Super Bowl where the still picture you even used a few hours ago clearly shows DPI that was enough to affect the outcome of the play --- well, I'm going to say stuff like that happens to the best of them. I'm not going to take it harder just because he made some mental mistakes earlier in the season. That play was, as the refs like to put it, a bang-bang play and when a penalty isn't called, you have to credit the defender for affecting the outcome of the play there. Don't let me interrupt your crying, though. Do I want Quez to have a better year in 2023? Absolutely. Do I want somebody on the roster to push him to be the best? Absolutely. Do I have doubts in his ability to play better than he did in 2022? Sorry ... I don't. Do I like his little twitter rant to some of the critical fans? No. Do I like his confidence in his own ability to put 2022 behind him? Yes. 

Take this for what it's worth:

The screwup in the Super Bowl wasn’t his only one last season, and if he gets replaced it won’t bother me at all. You know what else though? If he actually steps up and plays better I’d be more than happy about that. Let’s see how Quez plays when the live action goes, because I recall Jalen Reagor looking good in practice too. Don’t go buying yourself that Quez jersey just yet. 

On a side not I know how much you love and swear by PFF well as you can see both of Carson’s former teams have lower ranked quarterbacks according to them, but they still would rather those guys than your buddy. 

A98EF618-05E7-409D-A9F6-C72170CBC402.jpeg

On 5/28/2023 at 11:39 AM, EazyEaglez said:

I’ve moved on.

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

On a side not I know how much you love and swear by PFF well as you can see both of Carson’s former teams have lower ranked quarterbacks according to them, but they still would rather those guys than your buddy. 

A98EF618-05E7-409D-A9F6-C72170CBC402.jpeg

:rod: "Infatuation ...."

"I've moved on," he said. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

"It’s unclear whether and to what extent working with Gruden will make that happen. Despite his recent short-term stint with the Saints, where former Gruden pupil Derek Carr is trying to get conformable, Gruden remains persona non grata in most NFL circles. In three months since he was released, there has been no report of tangible interest in Wentz. No report of offers. No report of negotiations. The second overall pick in 2016, Wentz was dumped in consecutive years by the Eagles, the Colts, and the Commanders. If anyone was interested in Wentz as a starter, he’d already be signed. He’s good enough to be a backup, but is he ready to accept that status? Is he willing to concede that he’s no longer QB1, and to act accordingly as QB2? In the end, it might take an injury or two, or more, to create an opportunity for Wentz. Working with Gruden — and trumpeting that to the world via leaks to ESPN — won’t change that reality.”

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2023/6/15/23762014/eagles-news-philadelphia-top-training-camp-battle-safety-terrrell-edmunds-reed-blankenship-sydney

This doesn’t sound like any team in the league is all that interested in this player right now. Teams do not usually wait until training camp to sign a starting quarterback, so that pipe dream looks to be over. If anyone is upset with this you may want to go complain to pft and not me, because these aren’t my words. 

Guess you can scratch Chicago off the list of potential landing spots:

14 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Guess you can scratch Chicago off the list of potential landing spots:

To each his own when it comes to the hunting thing, but he’s getting some serious negative press off this. Not sure if any team would touch him right now. I just don’t think this guy gets it. 

22 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

To each his own when it comes to the hunting thing, but he’s getting some serious negative press off this. Not sure if any team would touch him right now. I just don’t think this guy gets it. 

He made millions of dollars and is doing what he enjoys. I'm pretty sure he "gets it."

2 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

He made millions of dollars and is doing what he enjoys. I'm pretty sure he "gets it."

Demarcus Russell made millions of dollars doing what he enjoyed too. So that means he got it? 

37 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Demarcus Russell made millions of dollars doing what he enjoyed too. So that means he got it? 

You kind of grouped two thoughts together there. Wentz has managed to stay in the NFL much longer, has made more money and in his off time is doing what he enjoys. During a football season, the opportunity to participate in certain hunting seasons may not always be there for a player. Right now, since he's not on a roster, Wentz was able to do this and it's something he has been looking forward to. As an outdoors enthusiast, I would wager he couldn't care less what you think of his hobbies. He had a chance to do something he wanted to do. When Wentz is employed by a football team, he'll give that team 100% just like he did his previous 3 teams --- unlike JaMarcus Russell who was notorious for avoiding the "work" part of football. 

I know this will burst your bubble, but Wentz will indeed be on an NFL roster this season. It's comical to me that you actually think "hunting" is going to keep teams from "touching him." As I pointed out in a different thread, most people tweeting their outrage at his pics are hypocrites that post pics of dead animals all the time in the form of food (meat) that they were eating that day. Since probably at least 98% of NFL employees consume meat on a regular basis, that will have no factor in a decision to employ Wentz.

But don't let me stop you from hoping that things go poorly for him. 

When he doesn’t  have a job, he needs to develop as a player does he go to the guy who helped his former back up develop in to a much better players than he ever was or does he go to the guy who developed Josh Allen? Nope! He goes to a guy who basically collected quarterbacks his entire career like they were Pokémon and is basically an NFL pariah himself right now. Not the move of someone who gets it. On top of this when the guy can’t find a team who wants to sign him he goes out there and basically gets himself some negative press basically a month before teams start hitting camp. Is this the best time to for him to flaunt his kill when he can’t even get someone to sign him? This isn’t the move of someone who "gets it”, and if you’re foolish enough to try and defend it then you probably don’t get it either. 

31 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

When he doesn’t  have a job, he needs to develop as a player does he go to the guy who helped his former back up develop in to a much better players than he ever was or does he go to the guy who developed Josh Allen? Nope! He goes to a guy who basically collected quarterbacks his entire career like they were Pokémon and is basically an NFL pariah himself right now. Not the move of someone who gets it. On top of this when the guy can’t find a team who wants to sign him he goes out there and basically gets himself some negative press basically a month before teams start hitting camp. Is this the best time to for him to flaunt his kill when he can’t even get someone to sign him? This isn’t the move of someone who "gets it”, and if you’re foolish enough to try and defend it then you probably don’t get it either. 

We get it. You hate pale-skinned, red heads. 

91276.jpg

4 hours ago, brkmsn said:

We get it. You hate pale-skinned, red heads. 

91276.jpg

Trent Cole and him both share the fact that neither of them are in the league right now. 😂🤣😂 I don’t even care what this guy shoots, and clearly the true point of my post went way over your head bud. Ja Morant also likes to play with guns. He also has a lot of money. Does he get it too?